Tebow's Our Future Leader Get Used To It

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:48 pm

skins2357 wrote:Kazoo, the reason is simple....we dont have a 3rd rounder and he wont be there in the 4th

All the more reason to pass on him in the second. This way we don't have to have arguments for the next 3 years on how he didn't get a chance...

Maybe for that reason we should keep Colt. He's already broken in. We've been having that argument for two years now. Why start over?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:22 pm

skins2357 wrote:I know I am going to get scolded for this, but I WANT the Skins to take Tebow in the 2nd round. After watching him at the combine, I think he has the drive and determination to succeed in the NFL. Yes his throwing motion is jacked up, he needs to learn to read a defense better, but I think those are things the Shannys can help him with and I think he has the drive to work his tail off on them.

The fact is that I believe he COULD be great at this level. He has that drive and determination that sets him apart. I think that he will work his tail off to get his motion right and with constant work and coaching supervision, he might end up pretty good. He has that swagger and leadership that we have lacked for so long. If he improves his motion and defense reading, there is no reason he should not be a starting QB.

Now that being said, if he is drafted I want him sitting for 1-2 years learning and practicing. I would try to sign Campbell to a 2 yr extension, let him play and build the team around him in the process. By the time Tebow is ready, the team should be built around him. All this if we can get him in the 2nd round, no way in you know where any earlier

If drafted I promise to work my tail off and exhibit drive and determination that will set me apart, as well as develop an on field swagger. I have been a leader of men for years and am a proven winner in many areas. I have never been arrested nor used drugs and am an extremely good influence. That I am sixty six year shouldn't come into it.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:23 pm

Well played, CH...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:27 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
skins2357 wrote:I know I am going to get scolded for this, but I WANT the Skins to take Tebow in the 2nd round. After watching him at the combine, I think he has the drive and determination to succeed in the NFL. Yes his throwing motion is jacked up, he needs to learn to read a defense better, but I think those are things the Shannys can help him with and I think he has the drive to work his tail off on them.

The fact is that I believe he COULD be great at this level. He has that drive and determination that sets him apart. I think that he will work his tail off to get his motion right and with constant work and coaching supervision, he might end up pretty good. He has that swagger and leadership that we have lacked for so long. If he improves his motion and defense reading, there is no reason he should not be a starting QB.

Now that being said, if he is drafted I want him sitting for 1-2 years learning and practicing. I would try to sign Campbell to a 2 yr extension, let him play and build the team around him in the process. By the time Tebow is ready, the team should be built around him. All this if we can get him in the 2nd round, no way in you know where any earlier

If drafted I promise to work my tail off and exhibit drive and determination that will set me apart, as well as develop an on field swagger. I have been a leader of men for years and am a proven winner in many areas. I have never been arrested nor used drugs and am an extremely good influence. That I am sixty six year shouldn't come into it.

as long as you have a good 40 time I dont see why we shouldnt use our 1st round pick on you

Hog

Postby SKINFAN » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:11 am

40 times are over emphasized, the vert jump is where it's at =)
#21 (36) This IS and will always be the High watermark where all new DB's are measured.

Proverbs 27:17

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:06 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:

All you forgot was that, Shanahan is smitten with you.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:47 pm

Looks like Tebow has a new delivery and the scouts are impressed with what they seen on Floridas pro day. Look out Clausen and Bradford the former heisman is out to prove something. :D
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:11 pm

Yeah, hopefully someone will trade up to a top 3 spot and take him, thus ensuring we get either Okung, Suh or Bradford.... :wink:

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:41 am

Manchester_Redskin wrote:Yeah, hopefully someone will trade up to a top 3 spot and take him, thus ensuring we get either Okung, Suh or Bradford.... :wink:

I've got my fingers crossed. Great post.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:42 am

Henne says Tebow "isn't an NFL quarterback"

As Florida quarterback Tim Tebow continues to prepare for the NFL, one of the men who already holds a starting quarterback job at the highest level of the sport has a strong opinion on the subject.

"My judgment is that he's not an NFL quarterback," Henne told Curtis Stevenson and Anita Marks of WQAM in Miami regarding Tebow. "I'll leave it at that."

Wow.

Making Henne's opinion more compelling is the fact that his position coach, David Lee, is one of the men who are helping Tebow become that which Lee's primary pupil says Tebow isn't.

And suddenly we hope Tebow lands in the AFC East.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:23 am

Is Tebow a 'leftie'? if so is it just the case that you move your LT over to RT or is it a bit more complicated then that?

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:36 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Looks like Tebow has a new delivery and the scouts are impressed with what they seen on Floridas pro day. Look out Clausen and Bradford the former heisman is out to prove something. :D

I heard the opposite. I heard his new motion is mechanical and he lost some zip on the ball. It was on TV, so I don't have a link.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Manchester_Redskin wrote:Is Tebow a 'leftie'? if so is it just the case that you move your LT over to RT or is it a bit more complicated then that?

It's a little more complicated then that....

Tebow is a lefty,

First you need to find a right tackle...

Then a left tackle.....

but at TE he should be able to lineup BESIDE either one of them
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:17 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Looks like Tebow has a new delivery and the scouts are impressed with what they seen on Floridas pro day.

Now if only someone could teach him how to read a defense, he'd be set!

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:18 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Looks like Tebow has a new delivery and the scouts are impressed with what they seen on Floridas pro day. Look out Clausen and Bradford the former heisman is out to prove something. :D

I heard the opposite. I heard his new motion is mechanical and he lost some zip on the ball. It was on TV, so I don't have a link.

I retract this statement. I commented before I saw the news for today. What I heard was last week.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010