Tebow's Our Future Leader Get Used To It

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
piggie

Postby NEWSKINSFAN119 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:05 am

No way is Tebow even worthy of a first day pick he is a 5yr project QB if a QB at all great intangibles horrid arm , horrid read recognition skills and no prior experience in a pro style system I hear he is struggling at the senior bowl I am rooting for the guy b/c I like him but I just don't want him on this team as our QB , as our FB or a short yardage RB sure

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:35 pm

He didn't look good in the game
HAIL

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:44 am

That's b/c he's going to need a few years to develop into an NFL QB. He's got to work on somethings and if we had a developmental league, he could play in that and get better but he'll end up as someone's 3rd QB on the active roster.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:10 pm

After that showing, I'm thinking we wait till the 2nd round but I don't think he'll be there, there goes Tebow
HAIL

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:42 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:After that showing, I'm thinking we wait till the 2nd round but I don't think he'll be there, there goes Tebow

So let me get this straight... we were ALL going to 'see come draft day' that Tebow was categorically going to be the number four overall pick. No matter how much logic anyone brought to the equation, you basically did a nanny-nanny-poo-poo and added something asinine like 'Shanny knows best.'

But now that you've watched him play a little in an all-star game, you've changed the way you feel about his value and his career completely?

Mmmkay.

Yeah... Tebow sucked yesterday. But that isn't really a shock to those of us that have actually watched the guy play consistently and know what his strengths are.

Maybe instead of trying to tell everyone what the Redskins are DEFINITELY going to do, you should be a little more open-minded when having a discussion with people who know what they're talking about.

Because you obviously don't have a clue.

Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:08 pm

NEWSKINSFAN119 wrote:No way is Tebow even worthy of a first day pick he is a 5yr project QB if a QB at all great intangibles horrid arm , horrid read recognition skills and no prior experience in a pro style system I hear he is struggling at the senior bowl I am rooting for the guy b/c I like him but I just don't want him on this team as our QB , as our FB or a short yardage RB sure

Danny Wuerfel, Rex Grossman, Shane Matthews...Tim Tebow.

He has "bust" written all over him. Are there even any Florida QB's in the NFL?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:58 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
NEWSKINSFAN119 wrote:No way is Tebow even worthy of a first day pick he is a 5yr project QB if a QB at all great intangibles horrid arm , horrid read recognition skills and no prior experience in a pro style system I hear he is struggling at the senior bowl I am rooting for the guy b/c I like him but I just don't want him on this team as our QB , as our FB or a short yardage RB sure

Danny Wuerfel, Rex Grossman, Shane Matthews...Tim Tebow.

He has "bust" written all over him. Are there even any Florida QB's in the NFL?

A "bust" is usually someone who is expected to do well but doesn't. Tebow isn't a candidate for the title because football people don't expect anything of him. At best, he's a project whose position may have to be changed. I see him as a guy who will last a couple of years as a short yardage back or third string QB allowed to run wildcat. At any rate, he'll have no impact to speak of, except maybe to sell tickets in Jacksonville.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:06 pm

Its still possible we pick him at no.4, Shanny does know best, he played like a 2nd or 3rd rounder but Shanahan if sees Tim as his guy then its still a possibility at no.4
HAIL

Hog

Postby broomboy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:19 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Its still possible we pick him at no.4, Shanny does know best, he played like a 2nd or 3rd rounder but Shanahan if sees Tim as his guy then its still a possibility at no.4

Not going to happen, if it does happen I will ram my head into a wall multiple times. Bank on it.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:59 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:A "bust" is usually someone who is expected to do well but doesn't. Tebow isn't a candidate for the title because football people don't expect anything of him

I was referring more to the discussion of taking him on the first day or even at #4. I'm saying that has bust written all over it.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Its still possible we pick him at no.4, Shanny does know best, he played like a 2nd or 3rd rounder but Shanahan if sees Tim as his guy then its still a possibility at no.4

Better yet, at #4 let's draft "Karma"

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:49 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:A "bust" is usually someone who is expected to do well but doesn't. Tebow isn't a candidate for the title because football people don't expect anything of him

I was referring more to the discussion of taking him on the first day or even at #4. I'm saying that has bust written all over it.

You're right. He'll be a "bust" on draft day-- unless Jacksonville cynically grabs him to sell tickets.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:47 am

For some reason I think Tebow is going to do fine in the NFL. I know I have already said in a past thread that he will turn out to be a bust.

But, Tebow has done nothing but win in college. He also has high character and work ethic. So in Tebows case I think he will be a project who ultimatley becomes a success. I would say a two to three year project.

While he would not be my first choice at no. 4. Nor do I think we should draft him in the first round. However a 2nd or 3rd round pick used for him I could live with.

So I am going on record as a Tebow supporter. Highly unlikely we take him at no. 4 but I still could live with it.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:55 am

HEROHAMO wrote:For some reason I think Tebow is going to do fine in the NFL. I know I have already said in a past thread that he will turn out to be a bust.

But, Tebow has done nothing but win in college. He also has high character and work ethic. So in Tebows case I think he will be a project who ultimatley becomes a success. I would say a two to three year project.

While he would not be my first choice at no. 4. Nor do I think we should draft him in the first round. However a 2nd or 3rd round pick used for him I could live with.

So I am going on record as a Tebow supporter. Highly unlikely we take him at no. 4 but I still could live with it.

Taking Tebow at #4 would be the most insane draft move in Redskin history. Heath Shuler was a better bet.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Hero, I can see that he'll be a 'decent' QB, I had already said he'll be like a JC type. He changed that QB position imo by his QB/RB style.. in college. That's the main thing here my man.. college. Those NFL guys smell a young rookie qb who likes to run and BAM!.. He's knocked the flip out.

G4L.. You just have a seeeerrrious infatuation of Tebow. I swear we've all seen the same games, same footage, saaame highlights.. what in the world are you seeing different?? Like, he was the maaaaan and I really respect the guy as a person.. heck I wish him well and all that but I personally don't see him as being OUR guy. Let's not say he won't do good or well in NFL, let's say for this convo that he'll do pretty good somewhere.. you reaaaaaaally want that guy here in DC? Where he'll be under some crazy scrutiny? The pressure of playing here with us fans who booed our owner? Who's fans (us) actually live inside of it? Where our RB situation is still up in the air? Where we have to build over dam near our whole OL? (Keep in mind Chris Sam may not come back) Suggestion- Youtube highlights of the other QBs we've mentioned, compare how they throw the ball, timing with ball control, compare PASSING and not running the ball.. I can almost promise that you'll ease up of Tebow my friend.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010