What if we draft no OL?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
ch1

What if we draft no OL?

Postby crazyhorse1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:54 am

Since there is a real possibility we won't draft for the OL in the first two rounds because of fascination with QB's and a lack of desired OL in second round (and/or intelligence), who would you draft in the first two or more rounds.

My picks:

Bradford

Ryan Mathews

(Of course, there will be funeral expenses.)

Hog

Postby skins2357 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:33 pm

I expect to see some vets moved for picks. I think Carter could go to Chicago for a 3rd-4th rounder. Chicago really needs DEs and we need picks. Then I see us signing Dansby to fill that void....

My point with that is I think Matthews will be there in the 3rd and I think some way or another we will have a 3rd rounder this year (trading back, trading players ect...)

I also think there is a 0% chance we DONT address the O Line. Shanny and Allen are smart, this isnt the Vinny show anymore who thinks you can get by with undrafted guys from UMD.... Shanny ALWAYS had a very solid O Line is Denver, I think he realizes the importance.

I still like Okung with # 4 and still think we will grab Tebow in the 2nd (like it or not), Matthews or another RB in the 3rd..... Just my 2 cents
Mike/Bruce - If your going to spring big this year in Free Agency, please spring big on offensive lineman! I cant watch Rabach anymore!

kazoo

Re: What if we draft no OL?

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:18 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:Since there is a real possibility we won't draft for the OL in the first two rounds because of fascination with QB's and a lack of desired OL in second round (and/or intelligence), who would you draft in the first two or more rounds.

My picks:

Bradford

Ryan Mathews

(Of course, there will be funeral expenses.)

We need to look at all our needs and all our options, including all rounds, undrafted players and free agency together. Your insistence on tying dealing with our line only with those two picks is just nonsense. Good linemen can and are drafted later and again there is free agency. We have lots of needs and if the talent drop at other positions is higher to go past the first two rounds then OL's, we should do it for that reason. Drafting for need ignoring talent is a path to mediocrity.

In the first though, ignoring OL's, I would take:

1) Suh
2) QB (Bradford or Clausen) - If the staff feels they are franchise. I hear the discussion, but there are so many high QB busts I can't say I think either is a sure fire solution
3) Berry
4) McCoy
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:03 am

not gonna happen. We will draft OL in at least 1 of the 1st 2 rounds.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010