Russell Okung,OT, Oklahoma St.

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
|||

Russell Okung,OT, Oklahoma St.

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:32 am

Well Since no one posted anything about him. I thought I might put a little something together.
Okung is touted as the best Tackle in this years draft. There is good reason to. The guy can do it all when it comes to being a tackle. He is excellent in pass protection and has a mean streak in the running game. Here is a good highlight reel of him. You could practically watch a full game and not see a mistake from Okung. He is that good. Almost a sure thing.

The drop off in talent between Okung and the next tackle is huge.
In my humble opinion. Okung is the only tackle worthy of a top five pick. I dont care much for the combine just watch plenty of his film and its clear. He is ready to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd2dzpYGoA4
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:50 am

Yea, I think people are just trying to find something wrong with him. He allowed like one sack and two pressures the whole season last year. He's a beast.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:58 am

Oh and here is a little cheap shot by Okung. Not really anything too bad. Just shows how nasty he can get. I actually like to see that out of players occasionally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzEsYTqGrJ4
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:38 am

We would be fools not to take him in the draft. Big fools.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

###

Postby redskindave » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:56 am

Okung would be a great pick for us if he is still their at #4
Hail To The Redskins!
Forty men together can't lose
Blaine Ohio home of Ohios biggest Redskin fan
Every man has to die, Not every man really lives

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:57 am

If this guy is there, we have to start replacing the offensive line players - I'm not sure that anyone, currently here, even as a back-up, will be here at the begining of 2012

Okung will be a fixture at LT for many years

I look for this team to get a bunch of offensive linemen in here this spring
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:52 pm

Jake wrote:We would be fools not to take him in the draft. Big fools.

Seriously Jake, no lie my man.. definitely gotta grab that guy. He moves quick on his feet and he's hella strong.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:55 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:

Seriously Jake, no lie my man.. definitely gotta grab that guy. He moves quick on his feet and he's hella strong.

I don't know why we drafted Okung! He's a bust, we're so stupid. We didn't develop him, we waited too long to start him. We can't evaluate talent. He would have been great but we ruined him.

Oh, wait. I meant to wait until summer to point out he's a bust and we're stupid, my bad. I'll get back to you on this...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:56 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

I don't know why we drafted Okung! He's a bust, we're so stupid. We didn't develop him, we waited too long to start him. We can't evaluate talent. He would have been great but we ruined him.

Oh, wait. I meant to wait until summer to point out he's a bust and we're stupid, my bad. I'll get back to you on this...

Dam fool man :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:02 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
kaz wrote:Oh, wait. I meant to wait until summer to point out he's a bust and we're stupid, my bad. I'll get back to you on this...

Dam fool man :lol:

I wanted to beat the neggies to this. They're already after the 3-4, which we haven't even switched to. You can't wait until we draft him to beat them, that's WAY too late. You gotta anticipate what's going to happen well in advance to beat them to the negativity.

Anyway, Okung is by FAR the greatest player in this year's draft. A HOF bound rock who's going to anchor our left tackle position for the next decade plus.

Now I'm on the record both ways, I just need to see what happens and then quote the right call! :up:

Did I mention Bradford's a bust? What were we THINKING. Oh my God...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm with you 100%.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:39 pm

If we don't take him, Campbell will die.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:51 pm

SkinsJock wrote:If this guy is there, we have to start replacing the offensive line players - I'm not sure that anyone, currently here, even as a back-up, will be here at the begining of 2012

Okung will be a fixture at LT for many years

I look for this team to get a bunch of offensive linemen in here this spring

From where will be get them? We have seven draft choices and need two LT's, two quarterbacks, two running backs, and backups for a number of positions. If we don't land Kemo and Foote as FA's, we'll also need a NT and a LB. You guys are whistling past a graveyard. Also, you can count on at least 3-4 draft choices not making the team. Maybe we can get some of the guys we've cut back just to fill up the roster.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:30 pm

I'm thinking that Shanahan and Allen are looking a little bit further down the road than this year or next - by the begining of 2012 season we are going to replace everyone on the offensive line and I would imagine about 48 players of the 53 that were on the roster in 2009 - that's what I consider is the minimum we need to see here in order for this franchise to re-make itself

big job but that is the situation we are in right now

no rush, and no worries - we have a lot to get done
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Postby yupchagee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:35 am

SkinsJock wrote:I'm thinking that Shanahan and Allen are looking a little bit further down the road than this year or next - by the begining of 2012 season we are going to replace everyone on the offensive line and I would imagine about 48 players of the 53 that were on the roster in 2009 - that's what I consider is the minimum we need to see here in order for this franchise to re-make itself

big job but that is the situation we are in right now

no rush, and no worries - we have a lot to get done

Where are you going to find 48 new players in 2 years?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010