Carter for a pick?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Carter for a pick?

Postby fredp45 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:36 am

We really need to get another early pick in the draft. We can get the stud LOT with the first pick, a QB with the second pick and if we trade Carter away for a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder, we can get another OL or NT.

Carter doesn't fit our defense now, and with 11 sacks he should be a guy a number of 4-3 teams would want. He's a quality guy too, no issues with him at all.

I'd say, he would need to go to a team that is not rebuilding but feeling like they're close, how about the Cardinals? Maybe a team that wants more pass rush and wants to add a quality guy, back to the 49'ers, or the Panthers?

I'd hate to see him go, but we need players at other positions way more than we need a guy who is moving to a position he has not done well at in the past.

ch1

Re: Carter for a pick?

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:04 am

fredp45 wrote:We really need to get another early pick in the draft. We can get the stud LOT with the first pick, a QB with the second pick and if we trade Carter away for a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder, we can get another OL or NT.

Carter doesn't fit our defense now, and with 11 sacks he should be a guy a number of 4-3 teams would want. He's a quality guy too, no issues with him at all.

I'd say, he would need to go to a team that is not rebuilding but feeling like they're close, how about the Cardinals? Maybe a team that wants more pass rush and wants to add a quality guy, back to the 49'ers, or the Panthers?

I'd hate to see him go, but we need players at other positions way more than we need a guy who is moving to a position he has not done well at in the past.

There will be no QB worth Carter in the 2nd round. A lot of guys on the board are pick happy, in spite of the horrible odds against a second or third round pick working out. Also, right now it looks like there will be much need for Carter in our 4-3 (which we are not discarding) and our version of the 3-4, which will use linebackers to rush the passer often. Carter has never failed as a linebacker in the 3-4 and probably won't now.
He wasn't a star as a LB in the 4-3. So what. We're not going to use him there.

Hog

Postby ChocolateMilk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:32 pm

I think the Cardinals use the 3-4 as their base defense. I say we keep Carter anyways.
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:36 pm

No way. I don't see we could get enough for Carter that it's worth giving him up. With guys like Haynesworth and Orakpu, having more rushers is going to pay off big. No way give him up for a late second or less. Sure, he benefited from the attention that was drawn away from him, but still we need guys who can make them pay when they do that and Carter is just that sort of player. He can't be the dominant one, but he can make them pay when they double other guys.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010