New 7-round mock

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:15 pm

New 7-round mock

Postby SidelineScouting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:07 am

Tonight we posted our first 7-round mock draft, including compensatory picks.

http://www.sidelinescouting.net/mock/

Take a look and let me know what you guys think about it. Any feedback about the mock or the site would be great.

If you guys have a hard time finding rounds 2-7, all you have to do is go to the top, highlight “mock draft” with your cursor and there’s a drop down menu with each round.

Bare in mind, it is just a mock draft and even in real life, fans aren’t always happy with their team’s picks.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1022
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: New Jersey

Postby Hooligan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:01 am

Okung is a guarantee with Bradford off the board. But spending the #2 pick on a DE? Really? Why is Carlos Dunlap considered here?
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

the 'mudge
Posts: 14608
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:20 am

Because, clearly, we need another 4-3 DE. :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Nevada

Postby djactionman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:43 pm

If Okung is there you take him, it is as simple as that I think. This is a question if the Lions take him or not. The Bucs will take one of the DTs whoever is left.

If Okung is gone you are left with Clausen-Bryan Bulaga, or maybe Williams at OT, Eric Berry, or McCoy/Suh.

Eric Berry is an elite players, but Safety at number four? ehh, not certain there. And the kid from Texas might be just as good if not better for the way the NFL is heading and has been, like pass happy.
Oh! Earl Thomas, that's his name

08 Champ
Posts: 13288
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:59 pm

It is almost certain that Bradford will go to the Rams and the Lions and Bucs take the DTs - given the FOs involved this is almost a lock



We hopefully take Okung but it would be even better if we are able to trade out of this pick





WE NEED MORE DRAFT PICKS IN THE NEXT 2 DRAFTS
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL


Week 3 - 27-21

newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Nevada

Postby djactionman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:45 pm

If Okung is there you take him. 10 years of investment in one of the most important positions. Best pick in the draft.


You really don't think the Raiders will take Bruce Campbell w/ your mock?

G4L
Posts: 2361
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:45 pm
Location: no

Postby Gibbs4Life » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:28 pm

I thought it was against the rules to promote another website on THN
HAIL

One Step Away
Posts: 7652
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:31 am
Location: NoVA

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:48 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:I thought it was against the rules to promote another website on THN
As long as they have staff blessing, it's all good.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

**LPJ**
Posts: 6377
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:53 am

100% in agreement with you DJ. Okung if available should be our 1st pick.. I mean geez, we NEED that position filled and that youngbuck looks to be nightmarish
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

#14
Posts: 4299
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:09 pm

djactionman wrote:If Okung is there you take him. 10 years of investment in one of the most important positions. Best pick in the draft.


You really don't think the Raiders will take Bruce Campbell w/ your mock?


I agree. I don't understand all the talk about a QB. If the season started tomorrow, we would have JC17 at QB & Heyer at LT. Where is an upgrade needed the most?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

#14
Posts: 4299
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:30 pm

djactionman wrote:If Okung is there you take him, it is as simple as that I think. This is a question if the Lions take him or not. The Bucs will take one of the DTs whoever is left.

If Okung is gone you are left with Clausen-Bryan Bulaga, or maybe Williams at OT, Eric Berry, or McCoy/Suh.

Eric Berry is an elite players, but Safety at number four? ehh, not certain there. And the kid from Texas might be just as good if not better for the way the NFL is heading and has been, like pass happy.
Oh! Earl Thomas, that's his name


If Okung is gone I would take either Bulaga or Williams. If the season started now, Heyer would start at LT.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Ex-Brit now living in Thailand

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:00 am

yupchagee wrote:
djactionman wrote:If Okung is there you take him, it is as simple as that I think. This is a question if the Lions take him or not. The Bucs will take one of the DTs whoever is left.

If Okung is gone you are left with Clausen-Bryan Bulaga, or maybe Williams at OT, Eric Berry, or McCoy/Suh.

Eric Berry is an elite players, but Safety at number four? ehh, not certain there. And the kid from Texas might be just as good if not better for the way the NFL is heading and has been, like pass happy.
Oh! Earl Thomas, that's his name


If Okung is gone I would take either Bulaga or Williams. If the season started now, Heyer would start at LT.


But when the season REALLY starts, Heyer wont be LT .... thats the only thing that matters.

I am sure the Coach has considered all possibilities and has made plans to cover them. If he hasnt then he dont deserve to be a coach :D

I have confidence that come game day, our OL will be considerably better than the one that finished last season, because if it isnt then we will be picking early again next draft.

#14
Posts: 4299
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Manchester_Redskin wrote:
yupchagee wrote:
djactionman wrote:If Okung is there you take him, it is as simple as that I think. This is a question if the Lions take him or not. The Bucs will take one of the DTs whoever is left.

If Okung is gone you are left with Clausen-Bryan Bulaga, or maybe Williams at OT, Eric Berry, or McCoy/Suh.

Eric Berry is an elite players, but Safety at number four? ehh, not certain there. And the kid from Texas might be just as good if not better for the way the NFL is heading and has been, like pass happy.
Oh! Earl Thomas, that's his name


If Okung is gone I would take either Bulaga or Williams. If the season started now, Heyer would start at LT.


But when the season REALLY starts, Heyer wont be LT .... thats the only thing that matters.

I am sure the Coach has considered all possibilities and has made plans to cover them. If he hasnt then he dont deserve to be a coach :D

I have confidence that come game day, our OL will be considerably better than the one that finished last season, because if it isnt then we will be picking early again next draft.


He will be there if we don't find someone better to start. The only 1 I see ready to start from day 1 is Okung.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

newbie
User avatar
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Location: Miami

Draft

Postby cowboykilla » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:59 pm

I think they should draft Eric Berry, I know at number 4 is kinda high but this dude is a ball hawking safety we don't have. As for left tackle we trade haynesworth for a second and then trade for baltimores jared gaither he's only 24 he can start and he's proven that already.
R.I.P Sean Taylor

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9015
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:14 am

Baltimore isn't going to actually allow Gaither to leave - per Pat Kerwin of NFL.com/Sirius Radio.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010