Should We Trade Down With our #4 Pick?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:57 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:This offseason has shown that nobody is safe from Mike/Allen. JC is still seeking trade partners, expect more picks to come our way. Maybe a 2nd, prolly a third and low conditional pick next year.... *shrugs* We also have to see how the draft shakes out. We may be in position to acquire more picks...

There's no reason why you can't build to be competitive now, while still looking ahead.

YES! I like that thought :D
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

swine

Postby CajunSkin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:58 pm

If Okung is off the Board. Absolutely I cant express how big of a fan i am of Bruce Campbell but I know he isn't worth the #4 pick in the draft. Drop down. but as we all know if Haynesworth or Campbell are traded we're going to get some picks back. I've also read there are about 4 more skins very quietly on the block. So it my not be completely neccesary. Only time will tell.

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:30 am

If we trade Haynesworth to Detroit, part of the deal s/be we swap 4 for 2 in the first round so we know we get Okung, if that's who the skins brass is targeting. If Allen wants Trent Wms, they don't need to move up to 2.

Detroit would be wise to get Haynesworth from us for a 2nd round pick (I'd like a 2nd or 3rd next year too) and draft Suh in the first and build one of the best DT tandems around. Their Dline would be set for 4 years, minimum.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Detroit would be wise to get Haynesworth from us for a 2nd round pick (I'd like a 2nd or 3rd next year too) and draft Suh in the first and build one of the best DT tandems around. Their Dline would be set for 4 years, minimum.

Suh and Haynesworth would be scary...50% of the time.

The spin has started for the selecting of Tebow, Shanahan has said he would use him on special teams to justify his value as a high pick.
HAIL

Postby cowboykilla » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:

The spin has started for the selecting of Tebow, Shanahan has said he would use him on special teams to justify his value as a high pick.
I say we draft Eric Berry the best safety available and trade haynesworth for a 2nd possibly a 1st and trade for the Lt of the baltimore ravens Jared Gaither. What you think? Remember Landry is no Sean Taylor. 'R.I.P homie we miss you' Redskin forever.
R.I.P Sean Taylor

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:

I think his office just told you that to get you to stop calling all day... :wink:
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Postby skins7521 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:06 pm

"Remember Landry is no Sean Taylor."

Landry is not a good cover safety, but our Defense can recover from that. He truly is nothing like ST, but he will do for now. Without a Left tackle in the draft our team would be in shambles... much like last years team.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 pm

skins7521 wrote:"Remember Landry is no Sean Taylor."

Landry is not a good cover safety, but our Defense can recover from that. He truly is nothing like ST, but he will do for now. Without a Left tackle in the draft our team would be in shambles... much like last years team.

what does Landry have to do with the #4 pick?

we are taking Okung IF we cannot trade out of that spot

the offensive line is going to be rebuilt over the next two years and IMO the plan is to have a decent line ASAP but certainly by 2012 when all the other pieces will be in place as well - it's going to take a while to remake this franchise but the right guys are in charge now
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:24 pm

skins7521 wrote:"Remember Landry is no Sean Taylor."

Sadly, Taylor is no longer with this franchise and can no longer be of any help to our secondary - Landry has incredible talent and needs to start being the player he can be

Hopefully the new guys in charge here will be able to help Landry be the safety that many of us expected

Hopefully Landry will become the defensive leader he's capable of being

that being said we are hopefully taking Okung if we cannot trade out of that 4 pick because as much as I would like to see Berry here we do not need another great safety, we already have one in Landry, we need O line help

welcome to the boards

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010