Skins draft Williams

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:16 pm

frankcal20 wrote:thanks Mr. Negative.

I'm happy with this pick because he's more athletic than Okung and has a higher upside. Okung is very good in his own right but there is a limit to what he can do.

Sorry, Okung has more upside. He is also MUCH stronger, as Williams only managed 23 reps at the combine. Okung also doesnt have work ethic concerns. Williams is a fine player, but Okung is the better player and would be ready to start Day 1, Trent Williams wont.
Suck and Luck

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Actually, consensus is that Williams has more upside. Okung is more ready for the NFL, but the feeling is that Williams has greater potential.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:21 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:

I'm happy with this pick because he's more athletic than Okung and has a higher upside. Okung is very good in his own right but there is a limit to what he can do.

Sorry, Okung has more upside. He is also MUCH stronger, as Williams only managed 23 reps at the combine. Okung also doesnt have work ethic concerns. Williams is a fine player, but Okung is the better player and would be ready to start Day 1, Trent Williams wont.

As evident by the way Shanny runs his ship, I don't think William's work ethic is going to be much of an issue. I have o believe that the man who churns out offensive linemen and running backs can make the most out of a top prospect in this year's draft.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Countertrey wrote:Actually, consensus is that Williams has more upside. Okung is more ready for the NFL, but the feeling is that Williams has greater potential.

Yes, and Williams can get stronger. A player cannot get more athletic.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Countertrey wrote:Actually, consensus is that Williams has more upside. Okung is more ready for the NFL, but the feeling is that Williams has greater potential.

That's not what Kiper and Gruden just said.
Suck and Luck

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Hey - that's ok. I'll take leverage and speed over power and I think that's better suited for this offense. I'm taking a wait and see approach but I'm very happy that we addressed an area of need.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:24 pm

I don't know how these people pick up steam out of nowhere, when they are TERRIBLE on tape. He ran a 4.8, congratulations. He jumped really high. What percentage of the time is a lineman Jumping or running in a straight line?
No Pressure, No Diamonds

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm

brad7686 wrote:I don't know how these people pick up steam out of nowhere, when they are TERRIBLE on tape. He ran a 4.8, congratulations. He jumped really high. What percentage of the time is a lineman Jumping or running in a straight line?

He must not have looked that bad if Shanny feels he can work with him. Linemen are not sexy either way. Everyone thought Gallery was going to be a stud a few years back and he didn't turn out that well. I will give Williams the benefit of the doubt.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:01 pm

brad7686 wrote:I don't know how these people pick up steam out of nowhere, when they are TERRIBLE on tape. He ran a 4.8, congratulations. He jumped really high. What percentage of the time is a lineman Jumping or running in a straight line?

To be fair, a good vertical jump and 40 time would indicate a pretty quick and explosive player.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:40 pm

who cares?????? Stop fussin about who is better..He's a Skin now (not okung) and that's all that matters. Welcome home young buck..put out the gum next time you do an interview do'h..lol.. Dam the season openr is soooo far away
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:02 am

My question is a simple one ....will he be our starting LT?

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:02 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:

Trent Williams will beat out Heyer for the spot and WILL be the Redskins starting RT on day 1
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

cappster

Postby Cappster » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:01 am

1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

Trent Williams will beat out Heyer for the spot and WILL be the Redskins starting RT on day 1

Asked if Berry was a consideration, Shanahan replied: “We had a bunch of different directions we could go. Obviously I thought the left tackle position was a need for us. I wasn’t sure Trent was going to be there. If Trent wasn’t there, would we entertain different positions? Sure. That’s a constant when you are dealing with the draft.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Re ... 114808.jsp

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:10 am

Yeah, there is absolutely no doubt that Trent Williams is the starting LT... I think Heyer will play RT next year barring a trade or FA.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:49 am

1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

God, I thought that was painfully obvious!! It was for me...
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010