Skins draft Williams

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:Yeah, there is absolutely no doubt that Trent Williams is the starting LT... I think Heyer will play RT next year barring a trade or FA.

I disagree, he'll be our floating backup. I expect the Hicks dude to be on the right side.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:59 pm

They've said that Hicks is going to play Guard. I think our RT will come in a later round. Here's a name I've heard as someone we like Sam Young from ND (smart guy who's an all around decent player graded. Not exceptional but played every game for all 4 years). Also keep an eye out for Tony Washington. He's got some weird baggage but they say he's a talented guy who you might be able to get in the 6th.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:20 pm

frankcal20 wrote:They've said that Hicks is going to play Guard. I think our RT will come in a later round. Here's a name I've heard as someone we like Sam Young from ND (smart guy who's an all around decent player graded. Not exceptional but played every game for all 4 years). Also keep an eye out for Tony Washington. He's got some weird baggage but they say he's a talented guy who you might be able to get in the 6th.

I dunno dude. Mike is high on Mike Williams, I think he'll be playing guard. Hicks can play G and T. He'll be our starting RT IF we don't address it further.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:55 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:They've said that Hicks is going to play Guard. I think our RT will come in a later round. Here's a name I've heard as someone we like Sam Young from ND (smart guy who's an all around decent player graded. Not exceptional but played every game for all 4 years). Also keep an eye out for Tony Washington. He's got some weird baggage but they say he's a talented guy who you might be able to get in the 6th.

I dunno dude. Mike is high on Mike Williams, I think he'll be playing guard. Hicks can play G and T. He'll be our starting RT IF we don't address it further.

Thing that worries me is that Hicks is a career interior lineman.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:59 pm

And likely still some free agent or RFA linemen we'll bring in after the draft.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:08 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Understandable.

Via twitter about 2 min ago.
O-line coach Bill Foerster chats with media, says Artis Hicks worked with first team at right tackle during April 16-18 mini-camp.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:12 pm

They had to put someone there.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Maybe Haynesworth for Jammal Brown would shake this up?

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/saints ... worth.html
The New Orleans Saints have inquired about the availability of Washington Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth via trade, according to Jason Reid of the Washington Post.

Via Twitter, Reid posted on Friday, "Door still ajar: Redskins taking calls on Haynesworth in attempt to solve a big problem and accumulate picks. Saints have inquired."

Washington is changing base defenses to a 3-4 scheme. Haynesworth, who signed a 7-year, $100 million with the Redskins in the 2009 offseason, is neither a good fit in that alignment nor interested in playing in it.

Many consider Haynesworth (6-6, 350) to be the most talented defensive tackle in the NFL.

With the Saints seemingly open to trading left tackle Jammal Brown and open to acquiring additional picks on day two of the 2010 NFL Draft, expect activity beyond the Super Bowl champions' picks at 64th (2nd round) and 96th (3rd round) overall on Friday.

New Orleans is expected to target help on the defensive line and at linebacker in the draft after selecting cornerback Patrick Robinson with their first rounder (32nd overall).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:18 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Understandable.

Via twitter about 2 min ago.
O-line coach Bill Foerster chats with media, says Artis Hicks worked with first team at right tackle during April 16-18 mini-camp.

Isn' that because Heyer was working at LT?
Suck and Luck

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Yes. We didn't have anyone there to play LT in this camp. So, unless we get someone to play RT, Heyer will probably be there again this year but I doubt he's starting on day 1.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:42 pm

My feeling is that we will start the season with an extremely weak RT or totally incompetent LT, depending on which position Heyer plays.

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:43 pm

I seriously doubt that.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:02 pm

spudstr04 wrote:
Cappster wrote:
brad7686 wrote:I agree that Okung is slow, but this guy has bad feet. At least Okung will be a pass block beast if he isn't a mobile blocker. I can't guarantee this guy can play LT in the NFL.

I say if he fits Shanny's scheme, then it was the right pick. I like what this administration is doing with our team so far. Williams is athletic and our coaches will will extract whatever he has out of him.

Yeah, I agree. Shanny will demand the best out of him.

Oh good. I wonder why other coaches don't demand the best out of their players.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:05 pm

Cappster wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:thanks Mr. Negative.

I'm happy with this pick because he's more athletic than Okung and has a higher upside. Okung is very good in his own right but there is a limit to what he can do.

Sorry, Okung has more upside. He is also MUCH stronger, as Williams only managed 23 reps at the combine. Okung also doesnt have work ethic concerns. Williams is a fine player, but Okung is the better player and would be ready to start Day 1, Trent Williams wont.

As evident by the way Shanny runs his ship, I don't think William's work ethic is going to be much of an issue. I have o believe that the man who churns out offensive linemen and running backs can make the most out of a top prospect in this year's draft.

If Shanny could have churned out linemen and running backs he wouldn't have been fired from his last job. Note: Allen was fired from his too.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:16 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:If Shanny could have churned out linemen and running backs he wouldn't have been fired from his last job. Note: Allen was fired from his too.

They suck don't they? This is just another in a long list of Snyder's ego preventing him from admitting and fixing his mistakes. I mean geez, these guys are so cluelessly over their heads and that's been clear to reasonable minds for so long now. They have had WAY too much time doing nothing but screwing up this organization, it's time for a change, and the time is now. Oh my God, can you imagine if we played a game for real under Allen and Shannahan? The thought makes me shudder. They need to be run out of town now, before we get embarrassed by them.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010