Jimmy Claussen

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:49 pm

The Hogster wrote:This second round is DEEP.

Clausen
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
McCoy
Joe McNight
Gerhart
McCluster
Terrence Cody
A Load of Safeties (K. Chancellor, Major Wright)
Sergio Kindle
Everson Griffin

Very Deep draft.

The decision to take Jarman in last year's supplemental is looking worse and worse. It would be awesome to have a 3rd rounder right now that we could use to trade back up into the second round.
Suck and Luck

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Clausen
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
McCoy
Joe McNight
Gerhart
McCluster
Terrence Cody
Sergio Kindle
Everson Griffin

Very Deep draft.

This Rb class is crazy. If they could trade into the third and get Tate that would be awesome. I like Gerhart too, but he should be gone. I'm glad that Jahvid Best was gone before the 2nd we gave up.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:26 pm

brad7686 wrote:

Clausen
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
McCoy
Joe McNight
Gerhart
McCluster
Terrence Cody
Sergio Kindle
Everson Griffin

Very Deep draft.

This Rb class is crazy. If they could trade into the third and get Tate that would be awesome. I like Gerhart too, but he should be gone. I'm glad that Jahvid Best was gone before the 2nd we gave up.

Personally I'd like to see us get McKnight.
Suck and Luck

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:28 pm

There was a point where McCluster was supposed to be HOT. What happened to him?
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Jarmon was coming on pretty strong last year but he got hurt. Now we're changing defenses which I think that Jarmon will still fit a need at the DE or 3 technique I think in the 3/4.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:09 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Jarmon was coming on pretty strong last year but he got hurt. Now we're changing defenses which I think that Jarmon will still fit a need at the DE or 3 technique I think in the 3/4.

Does he have the size for that? He's listed at 277, which seems awfully small for a 3-4 DE. To me he seems to have prototypical size for a 4-3 DE, not so much for the 3-4.
Suck and Luck

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Most of these guys have a hard time keeping their weight down, not putting on weight. But honestly, I think we're going to be running a hybrid scheme.

Hog

Postby funbuncher » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:52 pm

granted, there is no way we could have known that Clausen would fall to 37. But it sure would have been sweet (Ozzie Newsome-like) to sit and patiently wait for the value to fall to us. My heart has a strong preference for home grown talent over aging stars stars from rival teams.

As an avid college footbal fan that has watched many of Clausen's big games, I'm still not real sure what the big knock on the guy is? Him and Tate CARRIED that team in spite of that crappy O-line and D. He constantly brought that team back from behind and kept them in games. you can tell he loves the game too, which IMO, is half the battle. got to love it to be great. Obviously MS and BA have forgotten more than we know about talent evaluation, but I'm just saying, dude can play. My Redskin heart would have loved a fiery home grown Redskin QB, but I will get to work on loving Donovan McNabb instead. can't wait to watch him laugh while running off the field after his patented 3rd down dirt-ball.

geez, I'm a downer... on a positive note... anyone notice that almost no tackles or guards were taken in the 2nd and 3rd round?!

fingers crossed for Selvish Capers at #103 tomorrow. He's an athletic, high character, hard working guy that would fit our zone scheme well.

Hail.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010