With our 6th round pick - we select

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Thanks CLL.. cause if you didn't ask if we're watching the highlights, I never would have. I came here to ask you guys "WTF???" but I've watched the highlights and I reaaaaally like what I've seen. Did you all see how far he blocked those guys? Easily like 5 feet from the initial contact, dude is a stud. Good pick, I'm glad we got him and like someone said earlier, "Sellars only looks like he could block".. this guy right here seems to be the truth.

I'm sold and I'm on board... bye Yoder, thanks dude.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

Hog

Postby fleetus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:21 pm

andyjens89 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:This guy is a blocking TE. It's a need in some ways. Not a need "need" but we do need blocking a TE. Yoder is gone.

Davis and Cooley don't really block.

We signed that P.O.S. from the Chiefs, Sean Ryan or whatever

I agree we don't need a blocking TE, but there is no reason to be calling a Redskins player a P.O.S. Maybe if he beats on women or something, but as far as I know Sean Ryan is a hard working blue-collar guy that does some of the dirty work better than other players.
Build through the draft!

Hog

Postby fleetus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Hooligan wrote:Found a highlight reel of the guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LARorin9Aos

Looks like a good receiver and blocker. If he's going to replace Sellers it makes a lot more sense.

Holy cow! I saw him literally pop two helmets off guys heads while blocking them! He decleated numerous guys. D-Mo is nasty! I like it. CLL was right, you have to watch the video.
Build through the draft!

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:52 pm

we selected a wr from ucla terrence austin
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:06 pm

The Hogster wrote:Congrats to the Bears for not falling asleep during the 6th round and taking Dan Lefevour.

Thats who I wanted at that spot too, but the more I think about this pick I like it especially if he is replacing Sellers.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:53 am

That guy is really impressive. Mean streak blocker, good hands, agile and hungry for YAC. Him motioning out of the backfield from the FB position... NICE. Let's hope he can take that talent to the next lvl.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:23 am

I think we may be looking at a return to a smash mouth short yardage game... the kind of players you need to keep your defense off the field in the 4th quarter...

I like it.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:19 am

Countertrey wrote:I think we may be looking at a return to a smash mouth short yardage game... the kind of players you need to keep your defense off the field in the 4th quarter...

I like it.

I sure hope so, because you can't win in the NFC East with a finesse offense.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:33 am

AND ... you end up 4-12 with the offense we had here last season - I'm thinking we're a little better than that this year

we still need to replace all of the offensive linemen that were starters here last year, but we'll get there, and you just know the game calling and QB play is going to be a whole lot better :)
Hail to the Redskins

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:51 am

brad7686 wrote:One thing is for certain, Cooley and Davis cannot block. We have some other guys that can, maybe they like him better than them.

I like the pick as a backup to Sellers and as competion to our group of pedestrian blocking TEs.

However, to say Cooley can't block is a mistake. He blocks fine, when he gets off the ball on time!. Almost all of his poor "blocks" are a result of him being a step behind the defender; he simply is late off the snap. When he gets of the ball on time he is a very effective blocker.

That said, Morris looks like he could be an animal on ST and as a blocker, while still being an effective reciever (or atleast a guy the D has to account for).
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:58 am

SkinsJock wrote:
we still need to replace all of the offensive linemen that were starters here last year

Yes, we will eventually, but no need to replace DD or CR anytime soon! They are above average players. I know you don't like them so I won't argue it beyond this. You can have your opion and I'll have mine.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010