What do you think of Jason Campbell?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

Is Jason Campbell a good guy? A good quarterback? Both? Neither

Poll ended at Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:08 am

He is a very good quarterback and a good guy
48%
He's a very good quarterback, but a complete jerk
No votes
He sucks as a quarterback, but I like him personally
52%
He sucks as a quarterback and is a complete jerk
No votes

Total votes : 23
kazoo

What do you think of Jason Campbell?

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:08 am

I say this is nonsense, let's put it to the voters. I think JC sucks as a quarterback, but I think he's a great guy and was a great teammate with a good attitude.

cleg wrote:You are deluded if you think 90% of what is represented on this board is just people expressing thier opinions that he is not a good QB.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:41 am

I think he is a good QB who played on some really bad teams. I think that he's now gone to a worse team but they do have a better line than us I think this year - but that's to be determined.

I think that it's pretty much classless for people to get on here and just totally trash the guy based off nothing but their opinion. As a player who was in the lockerroom, in the meetings, etc - something we were not a part of - and he never said anything. He didn't throw anyone under the bus. That is class and I think some on this site need to use a little.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:51 am

frankcal20 wrote:I think that it's pretty much classless for people to get on here and just totally trash the guy based off nothing but their opinion. As a player who was in the lockerroom, in the meetings, etc - something we were not a part of - and he never said anything. He didn't throw anyone under the bus. That is class and I think some on this site need to use a little.

So even though you think he's a good quarterback and a good person, which is what I asked in the poll, you agree with cleg the criticism of him is personal, not just about his quarterbacking?

BTW, I did the poll this way on purpose, it's easy to say "other" people's attacks are personal, I wanted people to say what they think themselves, not judge other people's actions.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:56 am

frankcal20 wrote:I think he is a good QB who played on some really bad teams. I think that he's now gone to a worse team but they do have a better line than us I think this year - but that's to be determined.

I think that it's pretty much classless for people to get on here and just totally trash the guy based off nothing but their opinion. As a player who was in the lockerroom, in the meetings, etc - something we were not a part of - and he never said anything. He didn't throw anyone under the bus. That is class and I think some on this site need to use a little.

I think he is a good QB and a good guy. I think he'll be a little less "classy" in the Black hole and that it will make him a better QB. He knows he should have been more out spoken in some situation while he was here and says he won't bite his tongue out west. It's a sad day when I believe he is going to a better situation in 2010 than he has had in DC over the past few years. Al Davis and the Cable Guy are better fit for JC than the B&G.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:01 pm

So even though you think he's a good quarterback and a good person, which is what I asked in the poll, you agree with cleg the criticism of him is personal, not just about his quarterbacking?

I think there are many reasons why people don't care for him as a QB:

1. He's not a vocal leader - or not vocal enough
2. B/C he was a 1st round QB, he should be Peyton Manning out of the box with all the coaching changes, offensive line issues, etc....
3. He shouldn't be in the league anymore.

BTW, I did the poll this way on purpose, it's easy to say "other" people's attacks are personal, I wanted people to say what they think themselves, not judge other people's actions.

All I basically said is that it's important that people handle themselves with a bit of class. He's not a bad guy. He was a team player. He just played on bad teams and regardless of who's at QB, we wouldn't have been much better IMO.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:18 pm

Good guy but absolutely sucks as a qb.
Suck and Luck

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:26 pm

In 2005, the Redskins had NO business drafting a QB in the first round. You have to build a team around them first before you can add a QB. The team was a mess with no weapons at WR and a sub-par line in 2004. They also had turmoil in the front office and coaching staff. We never had a plan in place, and when you draft a QB you need to make sure the offense is tailored around them, and not the other way around.

Simply put, we never put Jason Campbell in a position to succeed. I'm a big believer in the idea that a lot of players have talent, but it's not always achieved. If Jason Campbell had been drafted by the Patriots, or the Colts, or the Saints... he may have found a niche in the NFL and made a lot more of his potential.

Personally, he seems like a great guy, teammates love him, he's 100% committed to the organization and he's a quiet leader. Even though the Raiders are a mess right now, I hope Jason Campbell can salvage his career there. Paul Hackett (QB coach) and Hue Jackson (OC) are really good offensive football guys and the Raiders will want to take advantage of JC's big arm.

Bruce Campbell could become an elite LT, Robert Gallery is a decent LT, Samson Satele is a good C, Cooper Carlisle is a solid veteran player and Langston Walker holds down the right tackle slot. That's a solid line... combine that with the fact they have Run DMC/Michael Bush to run, and some dangerous weapons in the receiving game... I think this is going to be JC's best season yet.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:12 pm

I picked sucks at QB, but good guy because that is closer to my feelings than any other option. I don't feel like he sucks at QB, though, only that he is mediocre.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:06 pm

If there were an option for "Good" quarterback, I would have chosen that. I picked option 1.

In reality he is a good quarterback who could have been better if our organization was not in-flux for the entire time he's been here.

Hopefully going to Oakland gives him the confidence to take control of the team and lead more vocally.

They will hail him as their savior since they've been forced to deal with the bust known as Jamarcus.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Can somebody start a thread titled "The last word on Campbell" and it be THE END to talking about this guy... He gone.

And that's 1000 for me folks. I learned a lot during my first 999 posts, but I am now focused on moving to the next level as I make my way to 2,000. I have a number of goals such as cutting down the run-on sentences, spelling, and improving the overall quality of each post. Thanks for everything,
Chiefhog44
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:40 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:Can somebody start a thread titled "The last word on Campbell"

Your wish is granted. And will be, over and over...

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:26 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Can somebody start a thread titled "The last word on Campbell"

Your wish is granted. And will be, over and over...

I have a feeling there won't be a last word on him. If he goes out there and leads them back to respectability or makes the playoffs, it will start a $-storm around here.

And, if he sucks there, people will still take shots from afar. Good luck Jason. I'm glad he went somewhere that is so god-awful, that the expectations are low enough for him to meet.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:44 pm

The few times I got to see him play live on TV I was amazed at how much the commentators criticised him, far more than any other QB. I think he was slow , perception-wise and that probably contributed to the high number of sacks. Its difficult to know how good he was as a lot of his stats were padded, during the game when the result was in doubt, he did little to impress, I cant recall him ever leading us back from behind and in the 2 games against the Eagles it was easy to tell which was the better QB, it wasnt JC. He threw few interceptions, but its hard to throw an interception when most of your passes are for completions behind the line of scrimage.

he hasnt got much competition at the Raiders, I dont think we need worry about him coming back to haunt us. A 4th round was probbly about right, not as good a deal as the last time we traded a QB to the raiders.

We traded up to get him, it was probably Coach JG's worse draft decision.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:00 pm

Here is an interesting video of Charlie Casserly breaking down JC's game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTqk4Du4-wM
Suck and Luck

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:47 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:Here is an interesting video of Charlie Casserly breaking down JC's game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTqk4Du4-wM

This was a breakdown of Jason Campbell running the Westcoast offense in Oct. '09.

Watching several media discussions since the trade, Jim Mora Jr. said it best "A great football player who's never been put in a position to succeed. Wrong system for a player who works best out of the shotgun, making plays with his feet and working the play action game. He also said that he's got a huge arm and suited for down the field play." Um, I'm a Campbell guy but he's got to work on the downfield stuff though :)

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010