I think I know what QB Shanny is after.

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:45 am

I don't think locker or mallet will be available by the time we pick. I wouldn't mind waiting on qb until the second round. Maybe a guy like Andy Dalton and picking up a stud OL in the first or maybe a julio Jones. I just think the top 4 qbs will be gone by the time we pick

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:54 am

Jeremy81 wrote:I don't think locker or mallet will be available by the time we pick. I wouldn't mind waiting on qb until the second round. Maybe a guy like Andy Dalton and picking up a stud OL in the first or maybe a julio Jones. I just think the top 4 qbs will be gone by the time we pick

There is very little chance we're going OL in the first round because we don't need an LT and anywhere else it's a stretch pick. The only way is if a very good RT is available, but that's in the long shot category. People like tossing out the go OL in the first round w/o analyzing what they are saying. A receiver is definitely possible though. I'm hoping we get a good 3-4 DL or LB. But drafting for position is a mistake we're not likely to make as Shanny is smart enough to avoid that trap, so it really depends who's there.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:57 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Jeremy81 wrote:I don't think locker or mallet will be available by the time we pick. I wouldn't mind waiting on qb until the second round. Maybe a guy like Andy Dalton and picking up a stud OL in the first or maybe a julio Jones. I just think the top 4 qbs will be gone by the time we pick

There is very little chance we're going OL in the first round because we don't need an LT and anywhere else it's a stretch pick. The only way is if a very good RT is available, but that's in the long shot category. People like tossing out the go OL in the first round w/o analyzing what they are saying. A receiver is definitely possible though. I'm hoping we get a good 3-4 DL or LB. But drafting for position is a mistake we're not likely to make as Shanny is smart enough to avoid that trap, so it really depends who's there.

Receiver? How about A.J. Green?

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:11 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Receiver? How about A.J. Green?

I like going big. Assuming we keep Moss that would be a good combination
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm reading the local pundits discussing the possibility of trading Cooley to move up in the draft and asking myself why? I wouldn't trade Cooley for Andrew Luck or anyone else in this draft but that's just me. We will get someone at a position of need if we stay at 14, or even if we trade down. If this franchise trades Cooley for a project player ... :evil:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:31 pm

What is it about trading Cooley that makes some Skins fans drool? :hmm:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:11 pm

Deadskins wrote:What is it about trading Cooley that makes some Skins fans drool? :hmm:

Cooley is one of the very few pieces that the Redskins have worth anything in trade (aside from the players who won't be moved at any price) so the local media appears to be running the gamut if rumors through the mill. I don't know that anyone wanting Cooley moved could be considered a Redskins fan.

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:25 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

i'm not suggesting we take another LT with our pick. we're not going to have a top ten pick. picking a great G or C with a pick in the teens is not all that obsurd. Iupati and pouncey were both picked in the teens. it's doesn't neccessarily have to be a RT. stefen wisniewski or rodney hudson could both be worth a mid round pick. to assume people don't analyze what they say because they make suggestions you don't agree with is a bit off base. my whole point was that our first round pick doesn't have to be taken on a qb. there will be good qbs available in the second round

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Jeremy81 wrote:i'm not suggesting we take another LT with our pick. we're not going to have a top ten pick. picking a great G or C with a pick in the teens is not all that obsurd. Iupati and pouncey were both picked in the teens. it's doesn't neccessarily have to be a RT. stefen wisniewski or rodney hudson could both be worth a mid round pick. to assume people don't analyze what they say because they make suggestions you don't agree with is a bit off base. my whole point was that our first round pick doesn't have to be taken on a qb. there will be good qbs available in the second round

I agree it's "possible." But you're naming people who were picked in the interior in those positions. Logically saying that people are picked in those spots means we are likely to be able to draft quality players at those spots are entirely different. I agree with you that "if" an interior lineman or RT at that position is available worth that pick, "then" we can pick them. But you stated it as our primary draft objective, and that's very, very unlikely. Even though I agree with you it's "possible."

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Wait, I thought Arizona had Jake first and then Denver had him after? No? :hmm:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:14 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Wait, I thought Arizona had Jake first and then Denver had him after? No? :hmm:

They did. He had a QB rating in 2002 of like 56 and was cast off. Shannahan picked him up and made him into a pro bowl player
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:16 pm

TCIYM wrote: I don't know that anyone wanting Cooley moved could be considered a Redskins fan.

Wow! This is coming from a person who is pretty consistent on posting negative stuff about the Redskins.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Jeremy81 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

i'm not suggesting we take another LT with our pick. we're not going to have a top ten pick. picking a great G or C with a pick in the teens is not all that obsurd. Iupati and pouncey were both picked in the teens. it's doesn't neccessarily have to be a RT. stefen wisniewski or rodney hudson could both be worth a mid round pick. to assume people don't analyze what they say because they make suggestions you don't agree with is a bit off base. my whole point was that our first round pick doesn't have to be taken on a qb. there will be good qbs available in the second round

Have you looked at this year's draft class? OL is extremely weak this year. It's highly probable that no offensive lineman, including a LT, will go in the top 10. That is EXTREMELY rare. Drafting an OL, unless we trade down, at our position in the draft would be monumentally stupid when this draft is heavy at positions of need, especially qb and wr.
Suck and Luck

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Let's look at this.
Carolina - Picked Clausen last year
Denver - Has Orton AND Tebow
Buffalo - Luck doesn't drop any further from here.
Cincinnati - Palmer started playing very well once those bozo's we're out doubt they pick anyone up here.
Arizona - Would they trade down for McNabb??? Very interesting.
Cleveland - Mccoy
San Fran - Still have to think Smith is in there now that Singletary is out
Tenn - Owner wants Young
Dallas - Homo
Washington - Looking at a full deck of QB's at this position minue Luck. Could we trade up with Arizona for Mcnabb and #11, then up to 3 with Buffalo? Anybody know what the point's needed to trade from 5 to 3?
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:42 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:Let's look at this.
Carolina - Picked Clausen last year
Denver - Has Orton AND Tebow
Buffalo - Luck doesn't drop any further from here.
Cincinnati - Palmer started playing very well once those bozo's we're out doubt they pick anyone up here.
Arizona - Would they trade down for McNabb??? Very interesting.
Cleveland - Mccoy
San Fran - Still have to think Smith is in there now that Singletary is out
Tenn - Owner wants Young
Dallas - Homo
Washington - Looking at a full deck of QB's at this position minue Luck. Could we trade up with Arizona for Mcnabb and #11, then up to 3 with Buffalo? Anybody know what the point's needed to trade from 5 to 3?

If the Cards think that Skelton is the QB of their future then it is plausible that the Cards could trade down in a trade that would include McNabb with McNabb holding the reins for Skelton, but I have no idea hwo they felt about Skelton's evaluation; however from what you posted it seems very likely that the QB Shanny wants might be available.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010