SI Projects The Redskins Drafting Cam Newton

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:34 pm

Deadskins wrote:Then you need to heed that advice more than most, don't you?

I've been ignoring that advice for thirty years already so I'm not sure what would make you think I would change my tune now.

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:To me sports are as serious as a heart attack. Always have been and always will be.

Then have a heart attack because all of the decisions made are by people whose lives you have no effect upon, and their decisions have no direct effect upon yours. Sports are entertainment. Entertainment isn't intended to be taken seriously. It is, in fact, intended to be a break from what should be taken seriously. I'd be stunned if anyone believed the content of these posts.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Shanahan isn't going to draft a 2-3 year project qb. We don't have that luxury. He is far more likely to go after more NFL-ready qb's like Mallet and Locker.
Suck and Luck

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Then you need to heed that advice more than most, don't you?

I've been ignoring that advice for thirty years already so I'm not sure what would make you think I would change my tune now.

Because you've been ignoring it for thirty years. Where has that gotten you?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Yes. It would be funny. It would also be coincidental as opposed to ironic. I would hope we would draft him if he were available. His upside is truly ridiculous - and I don't mean that humorously... and someone might need to lighten up a hair. Good lord!

-drinking

DarthMonk

Deadskins wrote:It would be funny that we would draft our next first-round QB out of Auburn.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Deadskins wrote:Because you've been ignoring it for thirty years. Where has that gotten you?

I'm not the sort of person who changes my viewpoints or opinions very easily. Never have been and I don't see that changing. I'll go right on ignoring that advice for another thirty years.

Taking sports as seriously as I do has never gotten me anywhere. Nor has it ever kept me from getting anywhere.

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:32 pm

DarthMonk wrote:... and someone might need to lighten up a hair. Good lord!

DarthMonk

I'll have plenty of time to lighten up when I'm dead. Until then I'll continue to be as serious as Cancer, especially when it comes to the important things in life, like SPORTS.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:03 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:Taking sports as seriously as I do has never gotten me anywhere. Nor has it ever kept me from getting anywhere.

Sure of that, are you? I think someone's nose is growing.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:42 am

Deadskins wrote:Sure of that, are you? I think someone's nose is growing.

100% CERTAIN that I have not lost a single thing that I would care about in the least, due to it.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:14 am

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Sure of that, are you? I think someone's nose is growing.

100% CERTAIN that I have not lost a single thing that I would care about in the least, due to it.

From the famous "I'm done" thread:

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:I spent the night after the Houston loss in my car because I was so pissed off that I picked a fight with my roommate. I got locked out of the apartment for the night and am no longer allowed to watch ANY sports in the apartment.

Just one more lie from the fanatic.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:32 am

Deadskins wrote:Just one more lie from the fanatic.

You seem to be under the mistaken idea that my housing situation is something that I care about or need. You would be very wrong in that assumption. The reason I ended up locked out was for THEIR safety and nothing else.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:38 am

You lost your bed for the night, and had to sleep in your car. You lost the trust of your roommates. Maybe you ought to rethink your position of intransigence.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:45 am

Deadskins wrote:You lost your bed for the night, and had to sleep in your car. You lost the trust of your roommates. Maybe you ought to rethink your position of intransigence.

I haven't had the trust of my roommates in probaly 8-10 years. They've NEVER gotten any level of trust from me.

I am who and what I am. They've had the right to throw me out of the apartment at any time in the last 12 years (they hold the lease, not me). They also know that they'll be bankrupt 4 months later if they do; which is why they're really hoping I'm not able to get a new job and move out of Massachusetts this year, like I want to.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:25 am

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
Deadskins wrote:You lost your bed for the night, and had to sleep in your car. You lost the trust of your roommates. Maybe you ought to rethink your position of intransigence.

I haven't had the trust of my roommates in probaly 8-10 years. They've NEVER gotten any level of trust from me.

I am who and what I am. They've had the right to throw me out of the apartment at any time in the last 12 years (they hold the lease, not me). They also know that they'll be bankrupt 4 months later if they do; which is why they're really hoping I'm not able to get a new job and move out of Massachusetts this year, like I want to.

You're the only roommate available in Massachusetts?
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:33 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:You're the only roommate available in Massachusetts?

I'm the only one who has known these two people for almost 20 years and who is willing to put up with THEIR bologna/garbage on a daily basis (mostly because the financial deal is pretty darn good). They have their own quirks that most people would not put up with in roommates.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010