MB GM Mock Draft has arrived... WAS OTC

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

With the 10th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select:

Poll ended at Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:04 pm

JJ Watt, DE - WISC
8%
Tyron Smith, OT - USC
8%
Cam Newton, QB - AUB
17%
Julio Jones, WR - BAMA
58%
Nate Solder, OT - CU
No votes
Cameron Jordan, DE - CAL
8%
Mark Ingram, RB - BAMA
No votes
Corey Liuget, DT - ILL
No votes
Aldon Smith, OLB - MIZZ
No votes
Jimmy Smith, CB - CU
No votes

Total votes : 12
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:54 pm

And, he has a really nasty game attitude... dude gets stoked. I don't get Bunting's concern re: pass rush... the purpose of a nose tackle is to soak up blockers... keep them off the second level defenders and allow them to pursue and react without interference. A Nose Tackle who is a pass rusher is a real bonus.

I would agree that it's critical for a NT to maintain a low center of gravity, to stay low, and become unmovable... but that's a coachable skill... especially for one as motivated and intelligent as this kid appears to be.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:07 pm

I am pretty sure Mike is not drafting Cam Newton in the first round just a hunch. I think in the second round Mike will be targeting Jake Locker.

So in the first round its OLB, NT, offensive line or maybe even Ingram.
Ingram to most might be a reach at no. 10. Honestly would that be a bad move to draft Ingram at no. 10? I dont think so.

For me if Von Miller, Peterson, Dareus drop to no. 10 then we should draft one of these guys. I have my reservations with Robert Quinn. Being suspended and out for most of the Senior season leaves alot of question marks for me. So if it came down to Quinn and Ingram I would go with Ingram. Yes tough descision but I think it would be a smart one. I just think Quinn has that Athlete guy who is likely to get in trouble and not be on the football field when the Skins need him. No denying Quinns talent. Just saying you have to think of everything before you draft someone.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:51 pm

I don't know much, that's for sure, but I do know that Peterson, Von Miller and Dareus are not available at #10 - they are not going to be there

If any of those guys are available we'll be swamped with offers for the pick :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Postby yupchagee » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:06 am

SkinsJock wrote:I don't know much, that's for sure, but I do know that Peterson, Von Miller and Dareus are not available at #10 - they are not going to be there

If any of those guys are available we'll be swamped with offers for the pick :lol:

Miller might drop because he is part of the lawsuit.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:08 am

yupchagee wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I don't know much, that's for sure, but I do know that Peterson, Von Miller and Dareus are not available at #10 - they are not going to be there

Miller might drop because he is part of the lawsuit.

Doubtful. Apparently the Broncos are considering taking him second overall.
Suck and Luck

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Miller WILL NOT drop because of the lawsuit... that would just be stupid... and NFL GM's are generally not stupid (VC and Matt Millen aside)

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Countertrey wrote:Miller WILL NOT drop because of the lawsuit... that would just be stupid... and NFL GM's are generally not stupid (VC and Matt Millen aside)

Exactly. No team is going to spite itself by passing on Miller just because he is one of the named parties in the suit. If it was Miller named, it would've been some other yet-to-be drafted player.
Suck and Luck

Postby yupchagee » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:04 pm

Countertrey wrote:Miller WILL NOT drop because of the lawsuit... that would just be stupid... and NFL GM's are generally not stupid (VC and Matt Millen aside)

Many owners ARE stupid when it comes to football decisions, & may act out of spite. It has happened to more than 1 player rep.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Whatever... this is a pro-bowl quality talent, who is behaving in a principled way... I'm sure that most of the top 20 picking teams will thumb their nose at him... not.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010