Redskins Rumored To Be Interested In Trading Up For Gabbert

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:50 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
fleetus wrote:You would have to give up:

Redskins 2011 1st round pick #10
+
Redskins 2012 1st round Pick
+
Redskins 2012 2nd Round Pick

You would give all that up so you could move up to about #2 in this years draft for Dareus?

Really?

I'm not seeing Nik's post where he said that. Can you show us that one?

I wouldn't have said that, I would have said this year's 1st next year's 1st and 3rd, because 2012 picks won't lose value. Next year there will be salary limits for that draft class.

I think I've stated a few time that I feel the Skins should trade down, at any rate the topic of this thread is trading up for some guy the shouldn't be trading up for.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:54 pm

I posted this elsewhere ...

anyway - I just hope that Mike is not planning on doing this - that would be crazy - I cannot imagine the cost in draft picks will be worth ANY QB in this year's draft

PLUS - EVERYONE that knows anything about the QBs that are in this draft seems to think that they will NOT be ready to play for at least 1 season - and that was given a normal training camp and regular season prep time

I don't think that Mike and Kyle are looking for a QB OR have been planning on getting a QB in this draft that is ready to go sooner than later this season AT THE EARLIEST - MAYBE Gabbert is the most ready to go earliest but at what cost to this franchise

This is why we have been discussing Beck as the only QB that is signed and seems to be the only choice if we don't re-sign Grossman - most here agree that McNabb is gone

btw - there are some here that agree that Beck could in fact be the starter in the first game this year as Beck has himself said that he WILL be the starting QB

the QB situation here is going to be a fun thing to watch for the next few months - especially if we cannot trade McNabb in the near future
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:59 pm

WE NEED TO TRADE DOWN or take the best player available :D
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010