A.T.E.- Cuts/Retirees and The Cap

Intimidated by intense football threads? Don't be... learn about football, the Washington Redskins and more.
piggie

A.T.E.- Cuts/Retirees and The Cap

Postby HogInBlacksburg » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:08 am

First of all, This is a Great site. One stop for all your Redskin info. I'm a pre-salary cap fan and I never really paid that much attention to it until Snyder took over. Since then I've tried to follow it (in between 'cans of fun' -drinking of course) but it seems like it keeps evolving as people start learning to use it.
I got the following info from the 'Team Information' section. I'm not saying we should/should'nt cut all these players...it's just hypothetical:

B.Barker .9 mil
T.Candidate .915 mil
B.Chamberlain .66 mil
L.Dalton 1.4 mil
G.Hamdon .305 mil
L.Moore 1.3 mil
J.Simon .380 mil
B.Smith 6.5 mil (retire)
Total 12.36 mil

So if we lost these players through cuts,retirement..etc. Would this be the actual cap space created, assuming the unofficial numbers are accurate?
If this is accurate, we would add our est. 9 mil of space to it and give us a grand total of 21.36 mil(est.). Right?
If this is close to being accurate and we restructured a few deals we would actually be in pretty good shape...no??

PS- :oops: Honestly, after I made a list of players I ran across a post from BH with almost the exact list of cuts. Hey..dead weight is dead weight. I posted this anyway just to clarify the numbers and if these players could be cut w/o other ramifications. :?:

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:14 pm

Hey Blacksburg - a fan in Roanoke here!

Don't worry about it - it just reinforces the general idea that great minds think alike :)

Sometimes it is hard to keep track of all of the threads that go on in here if you can't log on all the time and being new means it is ten times harder...

How would you like to have Jake Grove as the center for the Skins? :)
Rich in Roanoke

piggie

Postby HogInBlacksburg » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:14 am

How's it going Roanoke? It's nice to see SWVa is being represented!! :up:

I know Jake Grove would be awesome for the skins. I haven't brought it up....but, since you did.....He is a smart player and has a mean streak, he is a bulldozer for a center, benches over 450 lbs., 6'3" 300 lbs., ..I could go on and on about this guy. He definitly has pro bowl 'potential'. It would take atleast a 2nd rounder to get him though.
If he's still there in the 2nd rd. I think we should take him....Imagine adding him into the mix with CSam,Dock,RT and Jansen? That could be our O-line for a long time. I'm sure you're already well aware of Mr.Grove, since you are in Roanoke. :D

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:56 am

Oh yeah - but can you believe that a lot of draft sites have him going in the third round?
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Football 101