Pass Interference?

Intimidated by intense football threads? Don't be... learn about football, the Washington Redskins and more.
Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Pass Interference?

Postby joebagadonuts » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:31 am

Imagine if you will:

The QB takes the snap, drops backa single step and fires a screen pass to the receiver flanked out wide. While the ball is in the air, the DB whacks the receiver before the ball arrives.

Now, given that contact is allowed within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, is this legal, or is it PI?

I ask because I've seen some very questionable hits on our screens this year.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Pass Interference?

Postby 1niksder » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:34 am

joebagadonuts wrote:Imagine if you will:

The QB takes the snap, drops backa single step and fires a screen pass to the receiver flanked out wide. While the ball is in the air, the DB whacks the receiver before the ball arrives.

Now, given that contact is allowed within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, is this legal, or is it PI?

I ask because I've seen some very questionable hits on our screens this year.

With the ball in the air the 5 yard that would normally be allowed isn't, but some of the contact that was called was more touching than real contact
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:50 am

Once the ball is in the air, no contact is allowed, no matter where you are on the field.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:01 am

Thank you. Now I know I wasn't screaming at the TV in vain.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Return to Football 101