Technical Knowledge

Intimidated by intense football threads? Don't be... learn about football, the Washington Redskins and more.
+++++++++

Technical Knowledge

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:57 pm

A few years ago I found a defensive playbook from my school's football team. I kept it, because the guy deserves whatever he gets for leaving his playbook in the middle of a student parking lot. Problem is, I can't understand it!

I want to do more to increase my technical knowledge of the game... cheating safeties, reading blitzes, game-planning... I think I understand technique, I think I understand how a football team should be built, but I wonder what I could do to increase my technical knowledge. Calling a game, reading a playbook, different schemes and offenses. Anyone know a good primer? Thanks
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:37 pm

I read many books and attend about 3 to 4 clinics every year. I just started a sports management degree and hope to intern with Wesley College a very good DIII program here in Dover.

I was always a but intimidated about calling a game...but once I started I loved it ad will always coach the O-Line and call the play if I'm the HC.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Return to Football 101