Redskins' Off Season - more of the same, or ...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Redskins' Off Season - more of the same, or ...

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:13 am

SkinsJock wrote:](*,) why speculate - look at what has happened under Dan Snyder

what on earth makes you think that this franchise will be better this season?

Dan Snyder is not going anywhere but until he stops interfering, nothing will change here

You've done a fantastic job of completely murdering any interesting discussions of the team on this forum. Literally any question or topic anyone poses, this is your answer.

Free agency, the draft, the upcoming season for the Redskins. All topics I'm personally interested in and enjoying discussing with fellow fans. How much Dan Snyder sucks? Kind of done with that one. Don't care.

Seriously every couple weeks I check back on here to see if anybody is talking about what's going on with the Redskins right now. But its 90% just SkinsJock posting this same stupid ass comment over and over. And over. And over.

Have fun with that, friends. Gotta find somewhere people still want to talk about the Redskins.

HTTR
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ
Location: New England - Red Sox & Patriots - how great is that

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:35 pm

so if it isn't burgundy and positive it shouldn't be posted - good luck with that :twisted:

just give me something that makes you think that things are going to be different this season
The Redskins need to change the losing culture - they have lost the respect of the fans and the players
It's time to clean house - the NFL has evolved and this franchise is not adapting to what is working in today's NFL

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:28 pm

I agree 100% with Riggofan...

We know SKinsjock hates Danny, thinks Bruce is worthless -- does anybody need to read it for the 325th time? COME ON...tell us what you like about the off-season, what you don't...(besides Danny and Bruce are running the team!). I posted something about the moves they've made and you came back AGAIN with the same thing...

There are times I believe you're trolling this board and secretly like the Boys, Eagles, or Giants...

I relate you to a pitbull with a bone...let it go MAN....OR I'm leaving too.

Hog

Postby Skins Fan in Indy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:38 am

I like that they resigned Brown. The Smith trade and the Richardson signing remains to be seen.

I am very interested to see what they do with that 13th pick next week?.

Will they get what they need CB, DT, DB or go off the reservation?.

Vea, James or Hughes is the right pick.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Who should the Redskins draft?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/foo ... 9fe7ccbb47

Who should the Redskins draft?: Tremaine Edmunds vs. Vita Vea

By Kareem Copeland April 13 at 8:00 AM

The NFL Draft is less than two weeks away and the Redskins are in position to grab a Day 1 starter with the No. 13 pick. Four quarterbacks are expected to go early, which should push significant talent down to Washington and there should be top-end options at multiple positions of need. This is the second installment of our side-by-side comparisons between a few players that could be available.

Virginia Tech LB Tremaine Edmunds vs. Washington DT Vita Vea

...and, for the record, I think Bruce Allen is incompetent and vicious. ("Curt Cousins"?) There are too many needs that would normally be fixed by a first round draft choice. LB/NT? RB? TE, assuming that That Guy will be hurt again? CB, without Fuller and Breeland? Safety?

However, Dan Snyder is vicious, incompetent, and as bad as George Preston Marshall.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:56 pm

let me be clear - I love my Redskins and I wish that these 2 bozos weren't hurting this franchise as badly as they have with their stupidity

I would love to have things get better here but I cannot see how that happens with them managing things

I'd love for the franchise to draft Vita Vea and I hope that Dan gets rid of Bruce soon ...

sorry to lose you :twisted:
The Redskins need to change the losing culture - they have lost the respect of the fans and the players
It's time to clean house - the NFL has evolved and this franchise is not adapting to what is working in today's NFL

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:11 pm

I don't really know what we'll get this fall but I hope it is an improved version of what we have been getting. With Kirk starting the last 3 seasons the team has been mediocre but competitive in almost every game. I want an improvement but a continuation of this in 2018. I want Alex to pass for 4K+ like Kirk did and the defense and run game to be better so the team can win 8+ and look forward to better things in the future. That is what I want, I don't know what we will get.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:26 pm

fredp45 wrote:I agree 100% with Riggofan...

We know SKinsjock hates Danny, thinks Bruce is worthless -- I posted something about the moves they've made and you came back AGAIN with the same thing ... There are times I believe you're trolling this board and secretly like the Boys, Eagles, or Giants...

I relate you to a pitbull with a bone...let it go MAN....OR I'm leaving too.
bye bye :D

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-re ... -117496683

just so we're clear - it's not just me ... :twisted:

FWIW - I have no problem with the suggestions for which players we should add - the fact is it does not matter who is coaching or playing here as long as this idiot Bruce Allen is running things with Dan Snyder - these bozos have no clue about how to build a franchise

why make suggestions for who might make things better - reality is - this franchise is going to remain a mediocre franchise

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:31 am

So, you come on this board, even though you feel nothing they do will make them better, and post the same thing over and over? Sports is suppose to be fun, our release, not a torture - don't make yourself miserable! Go to a fishing blog or golfing blog and spend your time there... "there's NO hope with this team."

I don't like them either, but I continue to root for the team, wonder and discuss who they'll pick and hope the team makes the playoffs (yeah, in spite or your boys)....a part of fall Sundays is watching the Skins play, even if the team is run buy two bozos...I refuse to let them take my Sunday football joy away...

Don't let them take yours away either...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:27 pm

I'm hopeful that things might change with these 2 bozos in charge - I can't understand those here that think that things could improve, given what has happened under Dan/Bruce & also seem to think that the players & coaches bear responsibility for the mediocre play on the field

it does not matter how good the ingredients are when the guys buying the groceries are not giving the chef what he needs to put a better product on the table

Hog

Postby oj » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:21 am

Bein we can't draft a new owner or GM, what should we draft? I see all the experts calling for nose tackle or lineman, a couple looking for CB's and even a safety. I want an RB. If you have a weak offfense you better have a strong defense. What do you guys think?
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby ferryrich » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:51 pm

It must be just as boring typing the "2 bozos" stuff every message as it is writing it. We get it. Most of us agree with it. Let's take it as read and get on with discussing the team we love.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:45 pm

to be successful in the NFL you need to be able to stop the run and you need to be able to effectively run the ball - simple really ...

we can hope that we draft the players we need to do that well and then we can hope that Dan eventually fires Bruce Allen so we can have a chance at getting better

I know - it's a lot to hope for but it is what it is :D

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:31 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/express/ ... d68347837c

Five options for the Redskins in the first round of the NFL draft

By Rick Snider April 20

If the Redskins want to address their two biggest needs, they’ll use their first pick on a nose tackle or a running back in NFL draft, which starts April 26. But alternate plans are necessary in case the players the Redskins like are off the board when they make their first pick at No. 13 overall. Trading down could allow Washington to recoup some value and still address those needs — or possibly get a look at a cornerback or receiver who has fallen. Here are the top players to watch in the first round, according to position.

Nose tackle

The Redskins are looking at Washington’s Vita Vea, left, but there’s a growing fear that Oakland will pick him at No. 10 overall. Alabama’s Da’Ron Payne represents a solid Plan B. Vea’s initial punch is what NFL scouts most love. One step off the snap and boom, he can bull rush past guards and centers. A two-gap defender with tremendous strength could shore up Washington’s long-needed run defense.

Running back

The Redskins appear to love LSU’s Derrius Guice, left, reportedly hosting him at the team complex Monday. In the NFL, that doesn’t mean much. It could be a diversionary tactic to confuse other teams. Guice, a well-balanced runner with power to move the pile, makes a lot of sense for Washington, just not as high as the No. 13 pick. If the Redskins add a pick by trading down, Guice would be a nice fit late in the first round. A handful of quality running backs could be picked on the second or third day — San Diego State’s Rashaad Penny comes to mind — and Washington will likely draft one.

Wide receiver

Washington hasn’t quit on Josh Doctson, who showed signs of growth with six touchdown catches last season after an Achilles injury sidelined the 2016 first-round pick for most of his rookie year. Alabama’s Calvin Ridley, left, could tempt the Redskins to add another player capable of developing into a No. 1 receiver. Ridley can run every route but is best used as a deep threat. Paul Richardson signed in the offseason, but he’s a complementary player. Coach Jay Gruden might lobby for the 6-foot-3 target, who needs to add muscle but is capable of stealing Doctson’s job.

Safety

Another Crimson Tide player, Minkah Fitzpatrick, left, is a new-age hybrid who can play safety and cornerback. Fitzpatrick was a rare freshman starter at Alabama and played both positions there.
Cornerback

If the Redskins drop down, Louisville’s Jaire Alexander, left, could be a candidate to replace Kendall Fuller as the nickel corner.

One conclusion: the Redskins have too many holes to fill with just this draft. We knew this, I expect. Why, then, did the Redskins trade Fuller for Alex Smith and $70 million (??) guaranteed? A year ago, they could have let "Curt" Cousins leave, then started Colt McCoy, and tanked...like the Astros. Take a look at the Jaguars and Bills in 2016 and earlier. Neither might have tanked intentionally -- certainly not for ten (or more!) consecutive years, but it worked out that way. No NFL team has tried it. Do the Redskins have a chance to be really good in 2018?
Last edited by welch on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:39 am

welch wrote: .. the Redskins have too many holes to fill with just this draft. We knew this, I expect. Why, then, did the Redskins trade Fuller for Alex Smith and $70 million (??) guaranteed?
A year ago, they could have let "Curt" Cousins leave, then started Colt McCoy, and tanked ... like the Astros.
Take a look at the Jaguars and Bills in 2016 and earlier. Neither might have tanked intentionally -- certainly not for ten (or more!) consecutive years, but it worked out that way.
Do the Redskins have a chance to be really good in 2018?
the answer is no, we're not going to be really good for years

my hope is that we keep on adding good/great players and eventually (hopefully soon) Dan is going to 'see the light', get rid of Bruce Allen, bring in some guys that know what they're doing and give them full authority to rebuild this franchise ... just like most NFL franchises

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football