2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Posts: 18165
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England - Red Sox & Patriots - how great is that

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:45 pm

The Redskins record since 1999 is less than 8 wins per season - make all the excuses you want about how well we manage the salary cap or what a bad job this or that coach did - the fact remains that this franchise has a terrible reputation for mis management and bad personnel decisions by Dan Snyder

maybe things will turn around soon but until then Dan Snyder deserves to be regarded as one of the worst owners in US sports

I would love the Redskins to do well this season .... but .... :twisted:
hopefully Dan Snyder has learned from his mistakes and this franchise is getting back on track to respectability
this is going to be an interesting second half to the season

CKRGiii
Posts: 6696
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:29 pm

Sometimes you post stuff worth reading... Most of the time... You dont.
99? Seriously? You need to go back 20 years to justify a point? How was 98?
We've won the first opener since the magical RGiii season... And you still want to focus on the owner? 20 years ago? I cant man... I have blinders on, like a horse, and I cant keep seeing worthless cry baby posts... I don't want to block you- (a lot of the time ypur insight is legit and we see eye to eye) but hope you block ypurself from mentioning Snyder and the front office- for a week? Fml-god forbid a month?? A whole season???

Killn me smalls
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 8974
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby riggofan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:40 am

hanburgerheel wrote:There was an air of confidence that I have not seen in... over 25 years. Smith has composure that Cousins lacked.


I thought the Sports Junkies made a great point this morning: Alex Smith is 100x cooler than Kirk Cousins. :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2927
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 pm

riggofan wrote:
hanburgerheel wrote:There was an air of confidence that I have not seen in... over 25 years. Smith has composure that Cousins lacked.


I thought the Sports Junkies made a great point this morning: Alex Smith is 100x cooler than Kirk Cousins. :D


In theory I agree but he wasn't exactly under any pressure in week one. Let's see what happens when the game isn't quite so one-sided.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 8974
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby riggofan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:
riggofan wrote:
hanburgerheel wrote:There was an air of confidence that I have not seen in... over 25 years. Smith has composure that Cousins lacked.


I thought the Sports Junkies made a great point this morning: Alex Smith is 100x cooler than Kirk Cousins. :D


In theory I agree but he wasn't exactly under any pressure in week one. Let's see what happens when the game isn't quite so one-sided.


No, I think they meant strictly on a personal level. Alex Smith will never trademark a catchphrase and use it to hawk t-shirts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2927
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:11 pm

riggofan wrote:No, I think they meant strictly on a personal level. Alex Smith will never trademark a catchphrase and use it to hawk t-shirts.


If he does it should be "Not One Of Your Cousins"
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Hog
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:57 am

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby El Mexican » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:57 pm

=D>

Hog
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:53 am
Location: Shenandoah Valley

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby oj » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:03 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:
riggofan wrote:No, I think they meant strictly on a personal level. Alex Smith will never trademark a catchphrase and use it to hawk t-shirts.


If he does it should be "Not One Of Your Cousins"



Dood!
Molon Labe

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 8974
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby riggofan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:
riggofan wrote:No, I think they meant strictly on a personal level. Alex Smith will never trademark a catchphrase and use it to hawk t-shirts.


If he does it should be "Not One Of Your Cousins"


:D

"I Don't Drive My Grandma's Van Cos I'm a Grown Ass Man"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

CKRGiii
Posts: 6696
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:52 pm

"Winning games that matter... I like that."

"Beating the Cowboys- WE like that!"
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Skins History Buff
Posts: 5843
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby welch » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:05 pm

7-9 or 6-10. "Don't sit around and mope/ All ya gotta do is / Wait 'til next year and hope".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry8CpIg2fvU

Hog
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:57 am

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby El Mexican » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Completely surpassed by the Colts today. Not a good game on any level, save for
some sparks by our defense. We did absolutely nothing on O.

Is Indianapolis really that good or are we that bad?

Diesel
Posts: 7269
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: FedEx Field

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby DEHog » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:36 am

El Mexican wrote:Completely surpassed by the Colts today. Not a good game on any level, save for
some sparks by our defense. We did absolutely nothing on O.

Is Indianapolis really that good or are we that bad?

I'll go with the latter....Cardinals had 137 total yards and 5 first downs yesterday!! Last weeks win doesn't look so good right now!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 8974
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:04 am

Damn!!! We stink again!!! I was enjoying being a good team last week.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ
Posts: 18165
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England - Red Sox & Patriots - how great is that

Re: 2018 Season--Realistic Expectations?

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:29 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Sometimes you post stuff worth reading... Most of the time... You dont.
99? Seriously? You need to go back 20 years to justify a point? How was 98?
We've won the first opener since the magical RGiii season... And you still want to focus on the owner? 20 years ago? I cant man... I have blinders on, like a horse, and I cant keep seeing worthless cry baby posts ...
FYI - the current owner bought the franchise in 1999 - that's why I used that year ... get real

those blinders must be really effective if they make you feel that this Redskins team is going to be able to win more than 7 games

I am sick and tired of hoping we'll be better next year and knowing that just ain't happening



btw - we won 6 games in '98 - might be a realistic goal for this season too
hopefully Dan Snyder has learned from his mistakes and this franchise is getting back on track to respectability
this is going to be an interesting second half to the season

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football