Redskin Uniforms

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Redskin Uniforms

Postby #1SKINFAN » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:02 pm

I heard they were going to play their first 3 home games in the 70th aniversary uniforms. And then go back to the old ones. I really dont care what uniforms they wear, I just want them to WIN. Another way for Snider to make some money on merchandicing. What are some thoughts?

Hog

Postby newshog » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:34 pm

I read somewhere that they're wearing their old uniforms most of the time, except against Dallas where they'll wear the 70th anniversary. Don't recall the source, but if I run across it I'll post it.

Postby spearfeather » Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:18 pm

Rumour I heard supposedly came from Kenny Watson, and he said the Redskins will wear all White against the Jets and the Retro's AT Dallas. I remember Spurrier had us wearing the White uniforms last year for the opener against the Cardinals ( because of the heat )so......could be true.
Them that don't know him won't like him , and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him.

white uni's vs. jets

Postby hildawg » Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:15 pm

All white against the jets, sounds great.

All the jets are gonna see is white blurs running around them under the lights..
HTTR
pain goes away, but pride last forever.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:28 pm

The only colors I want the Jets to see is black and blue, which is what Lavar and Company is going to lay to them. GO SKINS

piglet

Postby OhioSkinsFan » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:44 pm

I like the idea of them using the 70th year anniversary jerseys only for the dallas game. I like the old white ones better, but it's good to have a change.

Postby Kilmer » Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:06 am

I don't mind the 70th Uni's because I love the gold pants...but I really want Chief Joseph back, I cannot stand the Seminole helmet.

Postby Riggins » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:11 pm

I dont care for the 70s uni. I would like to see them get rid of them

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:49 pm

I LOVE the Retro unis. I would really like to see them create a hybrid of the Retro look and the current look to come up with a brand new uniform. Here's my idea:

Jerseys -- exactly as the Retro ones were, without the 70th patch. Keep the spear on the sleeves as a secondary logo. Also make a white version for road games.

Pants -- same as the Retro golds, but I wouldn't mind seeing the logos come off the hips.

Helmet -- Retro helmet, minus the spear. Take the circle-head logo and change the yellow parts to gold and use that on the side. No stripes.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:07 am

RedskinsFreak wrote:I LOVE the Retro unis. I would really like to see them create a hybrid of the Retro look and the current look to come up with a brand new uniform. Here's my idea:

Jerseys -- exactly as the Retro ones were, without the 70th patch. Keep the spear on the sleeves as a secondary logo. Also make a white version for road games.

Pants -- same as the Retro golds, but I wouldn't mind seeing the logos come off the hips.

Helmet -- Retro helmet, minus the spear. Take the circle-head logo and change the yellow parts to gold and use that on the side. No stripes.

Call the marketing department! I like it and would buy the jersey.............Home and Away (authentic with my name of course).
it is what it is

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:21 pm

It's me Jake.

I think they should wear all red current uniforms for a game or two. I've seen that on a couple Taylor Jacobs cards and it looks awesome! I've never seen that before so it might be a hint that something like that will happen. I hope it comes true b/c it looks awesome. They should wait until the weather gets cooler to do that, though.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

Postby smoot21 » Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:43 pm

Rumour I heard supposedly came from Kenny Watson, and he said the Redskins will wear all White against the Jets and the Retro's AT Dallas. I remember Spurrier had us wearing the White uniforms last year for the opener against the Cardinals ( because of the heat )so......could be true.

Actually, that came from me at CPND. I hear we will be wearing all white at least once, and Retros one time, that should be in Dallas, where they prefer their all white jersey.

Postby spearfeather » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:14 am

Yes, it did come from you Smoot21. If I'm not mistaken, you were qouting a Skins player that you talked to. Was it Watson?
Them that don't know him won't like him , and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him.

Postby smoot21 » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:17 am

Yes, it was Kenny watson.

I have sold many cars to Redskin players, and he by far is the coolest one.

I hope he makes the team, and infact, I am rooting for him to be the starter.

For those that dont know, I was the one that got the inside scoop on the Retros, and was the first to tell.

I also am an avid authentic Redskin jersey collector, and like to think of myself as a know all in that subject, so if anybody ever has uniform questions, I can hook you up.

Postby spearfeather » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:37 pm

I noticed in the pre - season game against Carolina, the helmets are definately a metallic burgandy, makes them appear darker. The funny thing is, now the helmets look a little darker than the uniforms. Also the numbers on the sleeves appear a little bigger.

Get rid of the White pants, please!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football