I would love to see a GRIMM day

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

I would love to see a GRIMM day

Postby The Skins Fan » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:18 pm

I was watching the MNF game with the Steelers vs.49ers and I did not know Russ Grimm was the O-line coach for the Steelers...HEY DANNY-BOY, WHIP OUT THAT OL' CHECK BOOK AND MAKE ONE OUT TO RUSS GRIMM!!!! I would love to see Snyder tel that old, decrepid has-been Kim Helton to take a hike and that he's going to go spend some money on somebody who'll teach an offensive line how to play in Russ Grimm...Now I'm just throwing words into the wind because I can sit on here all night typing how pathetic this offense and offensive system is and how our Team Captain and our Pro Bowl tackle (thats Jansen and Samuels for the lay person) and our running backs cannot block, even if they're mother's lives were depending on it...I would just love to see bringing back a true HOG and having him coach the O-Line.
Hail to the Redskins...Hail Victory!!!

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:01 pm

You can forget Russ coming back here. He was the tight end coach--I think before Snyder fired him. But I agree that He would be a good line coach. Helton may be a decent coach, improving line play and no penalties against Carolina!! The responsible parties for some of the sacks must fall on Patrick and missed assignments by the backs.

The simple facts are that offensive linemen wear out defensive linemen by running the ball not stepping backwards play after play. You can not just pass the ball in this league!!
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:07 am

Actually folks, I believe Grimm was the line coach before Schotty took over. He wasn't bad, but it wasn't great under him either. I would like to see Hanifan or Bugel back.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Sarcastic Hog

AHH...Bugel

Postby skinz74 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:25 am

If you want the hogs back, look no further than the man who helped create them. Recent articles have refected that he's happy playing golf in the sun, but would not rule out returning. I can only hope that DS hasn't tarnished our reputation as a franchise and scares away folks like Bugel and Fozio who could really, REALLY help.

Begging for Bugel's return... =P~

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:07 am

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:Actually folks, I believe Grimm was the line coach before Schotty took over. He wasn't bad, but it wasn't great under him either. I would like to see Hanifan or Bugel back.

That is true, he was the o-line coach and didn't do that great a job. He was new to it at the time and has logged a lot more coaching experience. Of course, the Steelers aren't exactly lighting up the league right now.

Bugel says he's staying retired.

Besides, both of these guys are very senior. They're likable names because they are familiar, but IMO, that makes them perfect for consultant or assistant roles. I think you need a guy that is a little more in tune with the way the NFL works these days. I like Grimm in that respect, he's a better age demographic IMO.

Hard to pick a good o-line coach til you know what is going to happen with your head coach.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:14 am

Good Point...

piggie

Postby Jeff Rhodes » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:35 pm

I have no idea what Russ Grimm's contract status in Pittsburgh is, but unless it's due to expire after this season there's no way the Redskins would even be allowed to talk with him. He's an offensive line coach for the Steelers and he'd do the same thing for the Redskins, which makes it a lateral move. The Steelers don't have to give the Redskins permission to speak to Grimm unless they're offering him a promotion to either offensive coordinator or head coach.

Personally, I'd like to see Spurrier back next year. But if he decides to leave or gets fired, I think Grimm would be an interesting choice as head coach.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:56 am

If Grimm's been a part of the staff while the danny was here, he might not want to return.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football