......we better NOT!!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:27 am

I used to subscribe to the 'draft the best available talent' adage but after watching the Redskins ignore needs to draft 'talent' again and again, i no longer subscribe to it.

At some point you just have to address needs regardless of whether or not there is a better 'value' available. Not doing so and going into season after season with the same problem is IMO, irresponsible.

As I've said before... Taylor Jacobs and Ladell Betts may very well be good players in the NFL one day... but will it even be with the Redskins and would we have been better off with some young pass rush and a safety like Doss?

I guess hindsight is always 20-20... but it doesn't take much foresight to see that the Skins needed, need and will need defensive line help if they ever want to have any success. And when you have such a glaring hole... adding a young stud that you can build around is paramount to success in my opinion.

Playing musical defensive linemen hasn't got us anywhere.
Since 2000... Marco Coleman, Bruce Smith, Renaldo Wynn, Dan Wilkinson, Daryl Gardener, Dana Stubblefield, Bernard Holsey, Martin Chase, Darrell Russell, Jermaine Haley, Lional Dalton, Regan Upshaw, Kenard Lang, and ND Kalu have started along the d-line. That's 14 different guys over 4 seasons and that doesn't include the host of malcontents that have graced us with their back-up 'abilities'... Jerry DeLoach, Del Cowsette, Dorian Boose, Otis Leverette, LaDairis Jackson, Greg Scott, Bernard Jackson, Derrick Ham, Nolan Harrison, and Carl Powell. I'm sure I have forgotten some but that's 25 guys in 4 years.

Not a lot of continuity.

I understand that free agency has a lot to do with it, but so does not having anyone worth keeping and constantly bottom feeding for a 'diamond in the rough' instead of actually investing something in a young prospect.

My 2 cents
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:27 pm

:up:

Couldn't agree more, boss...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football