2004 Sked

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
J-Train

2004 Sked

Postby J-Train » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:55 pm

Does anybody knowhow the NFL schedule formula works out for the Skins next year? I take it we will get an NFC South team at home...hoping to see the Falcons and McVick, even if it means a loss.

---------

No NFC South

Postby redskins56 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:36 am

We played the entire NFC South, the Seahawks from teh West, and the Bears from the North... Chances are we will get the entire NFC North... Vikings/Packers/Lions/and Bears again, because we got the entire NFC West last year...

As for the AFC, we are do for the AFC WEST, Unfortunately, and the AFC NORTH... So pick or choose from the Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Browns...

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:47 am

We play the NFC North, too. So I think we play two teams from the AFC West or AFC North. We play the Bears and ravens at home and the Bengals away, I know that.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:49 am

I have the scheduling formula at the very bottom of the schedule page on the website, but here is the criterion:

1. Each team will play home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).

2. Each team will play the four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).

3. Each team will play the four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).

4. Each team will play a pair of intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (2 games), i.e. first-place teams in a division will play against the first-place teams from another division within the same conference, etc.

So.... I'll try break it down a bit:

1. Obviously we have 6 divisional games.

2. This is the 3rd year in the rotation and e have already played the NFC South (2003) and the NFC West (2002) so as RScity pointed out... it'll be the NFC North next year. (I'm praying for a Detroit home game since I only live 2 hours away).

3. We played the AFC East this season (BUF, MIA, NYJ & NE) and we played the AFC South in 2002, so we will play all 4 of either the AFC North or AFC West next season.

4. Our other 2 games will be interconference games with teams with similar 2003 records to the Skins. Right now AFC teams with similar records to the 5-9 Skins include: BUF 6-8, NYJ 6-8, PIT 5-9, HOU 5-9, CLE 4-10, JAC 4-10, OAK 4-10.
If we play the AFC West as part of critrion 3 then it would be 2 of the above without OAK. If we play the AFC north as part of criterion 3, that would eliminate PIT & CLE and make it 2 of BUF, NYJ, HOU, JAX, & OAK.

Having played the Falcons this year, we won't see them again for another 4 years unfortunately. (criterion 2) Hope that helps.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

J-Train

Thanks

Postby J-Train » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:34 am

Thanks. Apparently I was way off. I get season tickets this year for the first time, and was trying to figure out who I'd be seeing.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football