you can bet on one thing..........

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Evil Hog

you can bet on one thing..........

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:44 pm

redskins one is already being fueled to pick up candidates :D i am a snyder basher, but the man dosen't f$#& around when he shops for help. you can beleive one thing, snyder WILL get the coach with the best nfl experience money can buy. we are fortunate for that. hopefully we get a head coach who can run things down to the last detail, let him evaluate, and pick his own staff. i have a gut feeling that dan will pursue Jimmy Johnson very aggresively. i just hope he wears a hat.....or does that hairpiece count as a hat? :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:26 pm

I just think it will be interesting to see if the Snyder bashers will be bashing if he gets us the coaches and people we want to step in and try to save this franchise. If he brings in Coughlin and Williams, for example... how many will still be bashing him?

I don't like what Snyder has done up til a couple of years ago, but he owned up to it and tried to correct it with Spurrier - a well hailed move - even by the likes of Kornhole the ultimate cynic.

What happens if we bring some geniuses in... JJ or Coughlin or someone we all go "hooray" about and then they fall flat - will it all be on Snyder?

I still say this franchise started going into the toilet back under the Cook's when free agency went into effect and Casserly in all his wisdom didn't see it coming. We have had 12 miserable years with this team due to salary caps, bad draft picks and bad coaching. Bad ownership? No - just over exuberant and young enough to be stupid. He is learning and I bet if any owner can turn it around it will be Snyder - do you think the Gints, the Wets, the Cardinals, the Lions or a handful of other teams are in better shape with their owners? Oh please.

I think it will be very interesting to see who Snyder woos this time - if he goes with a disciplinarian like Coughlin or Johnson. I hope that people might start to acknowledge at that point that maybe the guy is learning and that we just need time.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:35 pm

If he brings in Coughlin and Williams, for example... how many will still be bashing him?
not i. it would prove he's learned a lesson, but until he proves it ala a play off apearance, i will still ultimatley blame snyder for this franchises woes.
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:39 pm

I can't - the logic of being 3-13 the year after a Superbowl shows how quick the Cooke's screwed up. It didn't get much better under Norbie... then the Schottenheimer fiasco. It has been a long miserable march - but definitely not all Snyder's fault. How can anyone blame him for something that started 12 years ago?
Rich in Roanoke

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:40 pm

I have ponder this question...Would Joe Gibbs be a success in todays NFL...say what you want but with FA...Caps...New Owners...isn't the bottom line you still have to coach em up!! Look at DV in KC, BP in D and BB in NE these guys have had success in the 80's 90's and into 2K
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:48 pm

How can anyone blame him for something that started 12 years ago?
when he bought the team, it was already in shambles. but the only sucsess we'd had in a while was 99. but that wasn't good enuff, he tore it apart and put in the people he liked.....even on the field. the reason i blame him is because he took a bad situation, and made it worse. i personnaly think he is learning, but he dosen't have my vote of trust yet. check out what blank did in atl. bought the team. sat back and watched. hired an accomplished GM to run things, he writes the checks.....ahh danny could learn so much from this guy :roll:
THN's resident jerk.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:13 pm

Would Joe Gibbs be a success in todays NFL

The short answer is "yes". Unlike a lot of coaches, Gibbs has the respect of his players. That is the first step in breeding winning teams.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

piggie

Postby REDSKINMARK » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:49 pm

isn't the bottom line you still have to coach em up!! Look at DV in KC, BP in D and BB in NE these guys have had success in the 80's 90's and into 2K[/quote]

Yes, I agree... good point: But what is the common thread amongst the coaches you just noted... it's previous head coaching experience!!!

Look at who we've brought in to coach this team since Gibbs left: Pettibone, Turner, Robiskey, and SOS. The only coach that had previous expreience was Shottenhiemer and he was begining to turn things around.

Next time we go looking for a coach... he must have previous HC exprience and some automnomy to identify his personel.
HTTR
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

----

Postby HitDoctor » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:55 pm

Why are people so HYPED over this Williams guy? Weren't you all watching football over the last 3 years? HE WON'T GET IT DONE IN DC!!
it is what it is

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:09 pm

RM ..maybe I did not get my point across but that was it....we need NFL HC rookie coach need not apply type of guy!!

HD...we want Williams as DC not HC the man did work in Tenn.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:05 am

The only team, HitDoctor, that was better than Baltimore's defense when Baltimore had the number one scoring defense was Williams' Titans defensive team. Their team hasn't been the same defensively since he left. That to me is the true mark of a good DC. He made a difference to the positive side when he came in, it hurt when he left.

Some of these coordinators think they have what it takes to be a head coach, but some just hit an ability ceiling. Like Turner, for example, who people still say is an excellent OC, but just sucked as a head coach. I think Williams will have a good effect on a defense that he runs.

I think we need Coughlin or Johnson to come in and clean house from the cry babies like Bruce, a good OC like Fassell and Williams as the DC. I think those three strong men could take the 89.6% of our players who want to play and meld them into a helluva winning franchise. I think Hoge is wrong in that there would just be a glimmer of hope to "salvage" something. I think with the right crew and a few more holes plugged we could be 10-6 simply because the games we lost by 7 or less would be a LOT more likely to go our way with a good coach who knows the game in the NFL style with NFL clock management (Which Spurrier sucked at) and NFL discipline. I'm sorry, any of these players who earns 2 mil or something like that whines because they aren't getting enough spotlight needs to be treated like a small truculent child. That is what someone like Johnson or Coughlin would do and it would shape this team up faster than you could spit.

I think Williams and Fassell are good evaulators of personnel and we all know what JJ did for Dallas as much as we hate to say it. He turned what crap they had into gold by managing his picks right and getting a huge bang for every buck they put out. At one point I think he had most every pick playing on the team which was unusual for them up to that point.

That is what I want to see. Oh Lord, please.
Rich in Roanoke

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:36 am

As far as who is to blame for this franchises woes, I have been beating the drum and telling all that this franchise was in decline BEFORE Snyder took over. Just look back over the seasons following the Super Bowl runs and then when Snyder took over. Simply put it is like this: You can't polish a turd. When Snyder bought the Redskins, they were a turd and are still circling as we speak. That my friends, has to change.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:16 am

Wingman wrote:You can't polish a turd.

That still makes me howl.

First time you said that to me big man, I filed it away along with... sh*t don't come in degrees, sh*t is sh*t.

redskinsmiley
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football