state of the jetskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:25 am

HitDoctor wrote:New Yorkers feel that they are the beginning and the end of civilization. Everything that is NY is good, it's where everyone and every player wants to be...............NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!! This level of expectation is all in the imagination of new yorkers. Skins fans I ask you, do you love NY? I know I don't. In fact I avoid the place like the plague and, I think I speak for the rest of America here, I think the Yankees deserve every ill fated set back that comes their way! Be gone, you whining jets fan! Live the past with that one hit wonderlush "Broadway Joe"!

ROTFALMAO

The Jets are in good cap position and after getting within 2 games of the Super Bowl last year will return on the path with Pennington leading the way.

What?!?

My friend, that is just funny. First off... if testaverde retires... it'll cost the Jets 7.5 million bucks! That's just if he retires, and they have to pay his signing bonus. Even if they cut him after June 1, he'll cost 3.5 mil this year and 4 mil next. The jets have a projected cap # of 77.8 mil next year - 6th highest in the league. The cap magic # next year should be about 78.5 million, so while they aren't OVER the cap, they are right at it without signing FAs, draft picks etc.

Chad Morton a head case? Please. We didn't see anything but class and hard work out of morton this year. He's awesome, I know that... maybe when he leaves, the sour grapes will change my opinion too.

If Hall's gonna make us sorry, i'm wondering when. He just finished the best season a Redskin kicker has had in the last 10 years. If that's all he's good for, then I can live with that.

As for being 'on the right track in NY'... why did half the coaching staff get fired? Cottrell and 3 assistants already gone and rumors that Hackett might be following.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ ... -headlines

ROTFALMAO

Yeah... the jets are in WAY better shape than the Redskins. We may be in the position of having to accept lumps from a lot of people... but Jets fans sure ain't those people.

redskinsmiley

Better hope we don't look too hard at Abrahams or Ellis or before you know it they'll be on Danny's helicopter and heading to D.C to visit their friends.

:rock:
Last edited by BossHog on Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:40 pm

Hey Jetsman, how is Morton a headcase? Him and Randy Thomas are the nicest guys we signed from the Jets. Don't be mad because all of your players would rather play for a 5-11 team than the J-e-t-s, jets jets jets! :lol:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:44 pm

wow. boss, remind me to never get on your bad side :lol:
its safe to say you "schooled" jetsman :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:31 pm

Thx HS, just trying to help educate the ignorant

:lowblow:

I just hate Jets fans still throwing crap back like you're gonna hate the Jets you got, when as I have stated repeatedly that you could make a serious argument that they were our 4 best players this year in terms of performance and consistency.

Morton dropped one ball all year... it was the only ball he even bobbled. He broke one for a 94 yard TD. He looked like he could break every one and provided some excitement when often there was none. There was no evidence of any off field antics... I also have not seen, nor do I ever remember seeing, anything about Morton being a headcase. I wrote an article profiling him when we signed him and I did LOTS of research... none of it turned up any question of his dedication or mental ability. In fact, to the contrary, most of them were about the strength of his character and conviction to have overcome his diminutive size and made it so far.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:38 pm

the jets are just still pissed those four are in B&G instead of green. they were the most motivated, and the best overall performers on the team. the jets feel it still, thats why they hate us. they are still hurt by losing coles, but instead of switching teams and busting, all four picked up right where they left off. i still don't get this thing with hall, maybe the jets should have to endure brett conway for three years to perfectly understand what a "bad" kicker really is. My 2 cents
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football