Kudos To SOS

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
----

Kudos To SOS

Postby HitDoctor » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:14 pm

for realizing he sucked and had to go. ACTUALLY, we need to thank his homecoming queen bride, Jeri! Thanks, Jeri! You Rock :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
it is what it is

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:21 pm

Too bad he didn't know he sucked before he took the job...we might have landed Parcells....but that's history....Thanks Jeri for making the decision for the now 'ole-ex ball coach!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Postby Riggo » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:27 pm

I disagree. By all appearances, the team was improving. Where we faltered was in allowing our defense to go from #5 to #25 in one year! That was due to allowing Gardener and Wilkinson to go and having no viable replacements for them. That was also due to losing Marvin Lewis and replacing him with a guy who has no previous NFL experience as DC.

I for one felt that Spurrier COULD succeed, however I am also shocked that he would walk away at this point. I didn't peg him as a quitter. I think that we can look back at the Rob Johnson fiasco as the initial undoing of Steve Spurrier!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:37 pm

Can I have some of what you were smoking during our games this year?

Improving? Our team lacked the most important element in an organization and that's discipline. Without it, an organization will never succeed....and that was SOS' responsibility and he failed miserably. On top of that, he quit cause he couldn't handle being a failure.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:13 pm

Sure, discipline was obviously a problem as evidenced by all of the sloppy play early in the season. It's just one of several factors that caused this team to lose 11 games! Still, with the problems that needed to be addressed the fact remains that most of our games we lost by 2-3 points in the final minutes of the game. That denotes a failure of the defense! In most of those games, the offense certainly scored enough to have won.

You could certainly blame the defensive woes on Spurrier if you wish because he's the head dude, but MOST of that blame falls on Edwards not being up to the task, and Shorty and his racquetball buddy allowing the team to enter the season with NO defensive line!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:00 pm

I'm glad SOS had the decency to not string this out any longer than he did.

He's a quitter though. He was given every reason to believe he could return and he just plum quit.

No wonder he couldn't be successful. NFL players are trained to smell fear... they smell a quitter.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Dennis Green?

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:23 am

I fully agree Boss Hog, this guy never knew what he was in for and as the pressure built he shrank in confidence. If I had an early vote for a coach I would go after Dennis Green, he may have never gotten to a Superbowl but year in and year out he got the Vikings to the post season. The main thing we need is someone who will bring some stability and get the organization back to respectability,

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football