Fair-Weather Fans

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

Fair-Weather Fans

Postby DEHog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:53 am

From the Post

John Faith, 40, a Washington financial adviser, waited 25 years to get season tickets to the Redskins. He and his family got on the waiting list in 1972 and didn't get seats until 1997. But the team was so bad this year that he didn't bother attending the last two home games.

I couldn't stand being surrounded by more Eagles and Cowboys fans than Redskins fans," he said. "I kind of live and breathe the Redskins, and it's been a real difficult stretch."

Makes me sick to my stomach, Hey John you never mentioned what u did with your tickets? Gee... I wonder why there were more Boys and Eagles fans there...which there wasn't just seemed that way.

And this from a fan who...and I quote "lives and breathes the Redskins" Here's some financial advise for you John GIVE UP YOUR TICKETS!!!!!!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:39 am

I agree with your take here. I know a few people who have tickets at FedEx and they have stopped going to the games. Their tickest are very salty and they refuse to take less than face value. The problem is, visiting teams fans are always more than willing to pay for them. The guy justifies it by saying he gets a return on his investment even though 3 games this season they were empty and the other home games were filled by enemy fans. I agree with you, just dump them back into the fold and allow a Redskins fan who will go to the game get them for the season. Some people take going to the games for granted.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football