Good for a laugh

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Good for a laugh

Postby BossHog » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:45 pm

Lord of the Belt Buckle

Having just completed my grueling eyeball melting trip through middle earth watching all three Lord of the Rings movies with my father in law, I have come to a disturbing parallel between the movie and my Washington Redskins as owned by Daniel Snyder. In Rings, the little gnome like character alternately known as "Gollum" or "Smeagol" is lusting after The Ring because of its incredible and seductive power. However anyone who actually wears this ring, becomes consumed with the power, and ultimately turns evil. Well, Dan Snyder keeps running around lusting over his football team as if he were calling it "precious, my precious" as does Gollum with the Ring. Only for Danny Boy, the ring is actually his precious Redskins belt buckle which he has famously talked about as one of his favorite boyhood tokens of fandom. It is the belt buckle, however, like the ring, that needs to be thrown into a volcano and destroyed. No good comes from it. It symbolizes Snyder's jock-sniffing destructiveness when it comes to the team. Maybe he'll see the movie and realize the analogy.

http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?co ... 83E19A3F25

question: Do we have to take the belt off of DS before we throw it into the volcano?

redskinsmiley
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:50 pm

Boss with your permission I'd like to whip his ass with the belt before tossing it into the Volcano..., if thats not a problem with you... :twisted:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football