Hall of Fame Selectees

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Sarcastic Hog

Hall of Fame Selectees

Postby skinz74 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:50 pm

Congrats go to Russ Grim and Art Monk for their continued selection into the hall of fame. I grew up watching Monk, Sanders, and Clark (The Posse) destroy defenses...and I don't have to mention what Grimm as part of the hogs did to defenses as well. So, good luck boys...

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:54 am

I second that...and I raise a beer to one of the greatest Hogs ever in Redskins history. When they made Russ Grimm, unfortunately the broke the mold. We could use a few more of him. I just wish they could bring him home to coach this group of linemen we currently have.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:24 am

Ah Wingman.... you love Grimm best because, in a pair of shades and hat, you're a dead ringer for the guy.

When we were at the Ken Harvey event last summer... a couple of people told Wingman that he looked just like Grimm, including George Starke!

Question is big fellah... can u eat a 64oz prime rib in a sitting like Grimm did?

Oh and they didn't break the mold when they made Russ Grimm... he ate it.

ROTFALMAO
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:29 am

can u eat a 64oz prime rib in a sitting like Grimm did?

:shock: dude gained FOUR POUNDS in one sitting???? plus two more for baked potatos and salad. i don't think i could eat tht much ALL DAY, much less one sitting. wow, thats got to be some sort of record.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:34 am

I thought so too when Mark Moseley told me. MM added sheepishly that he was pretty sure an entire CASE of beer had accompanied it.

Scooter & I were off our rockers laughing about it.

Then I read an article this year about Randy Thomas eating NINE roasts and being cut off!!! he had already won the contest so he didn't need to eat any more, but Thomas said he could have eaten at least 2 more.

As impressive as Grimm's was.... i'm not sure that Thomas' caper doesn't take it.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:40 am

thomas.....what a monster. the first words he ever spoke with jansen were accompanied by all you can eat lobster tails.
grimm should make the hall on the beer and steak feat alone, much less his play on the field. :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:50 am

I asked everyone we sat down with at the Ken Harvey event, "If you had to take a Hog to dinner and pay for it... who would you least like it to be?"

I think the Grimm answer was the best and just for everyone's knowledge... everyone said either Grimm or Jake (Joe Jacoby).

But if you want a really good Grimm/Jacoby story... here's one someone told us that day...

Please keep in mind that this is relayed from another person and may very well have had some folklore take over :-)

When Grimm and Jake first came to the NFL, they were inseparable. They roomed together, hung out together. One day, the two were coming back from a game (in Pittsburgh I believe the story went)... and stopped in at a bar that was in a not so nice area... my storyteller told me that it was definitively a biker bar.

Grimm & jacoby were dressed in shorts coming from a game and the first person they came to in the biker bar was a female bouncer. The story goes that the woman took one look at the two Hogs and said, 'You ladies can't come in here with those shorts on.' Being young, brash and shocked... Grimm said, 'Hey lady, are you talking to me?' Then the lady stuck her finger in Grimm's chest and said. 'Look buddy, I'm pretty sure that I can handle you... I'm just not so sure about the big guy!"

Hysterical eh? Like I said... not sure how much is folklore and how much is fact... but does it really matter?

I wish I could remember the name of the gentleman who told me the story (Bucky?), but I thank him regardless for such a good laugh many times over, and I'm even more thankful that I've never had the pleasure of meeting the bouncer :-)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football