Leave Dan Snyder ALONE!!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~

Leave Dan Snyder ALONE!!!!

Postby ANT7088 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:44 am

Everyone is ripping Snyder up! I'm the lone Redskin fan that has his back. The man wants to win. He does need to step back and give up some power, but if I owned a team I would have a little say too (a little). Would you rather have the Arizona owner, Chicago's owner? The big pickups for them were Emmitt Smith, Dexter Jackson and Kordell Stewart (They were very productive). The only problem was Spurrier, if Spurrier had a winning record everyone would be saying Snyder is a genious! Just like whats happening to Jerry Jones (for getting Parcells)! The deal was (with Spurrier & Snyder) if there were any problems with desiding who get cut or not Snyder gets the final say, then he cuts Weurful and get ripped up! That is the smartest thing he has done as an owner, cause there was NO SHOT that Spurrier would have put in Tim Hasselback in over Weurful. Now we have a back-up QB. Snyder does know the game, he got Spurrier what he said he didn't have the year before, and he still failed. So who's the idiot? The guy who gets great players or the guy that can't coach them. Spurrier had no excuses thats why he quit. Snyder gave him a great team. Like I said before, he does need to take a step back, but I would be involved to (and so is Jerry Jones) But I'm 100% that Dennis Green will be our coach next year, 10 years coaching, 8 years in the playoffs, not a bad guy. Go get your check book Danny and do what ever it takes, redeem yourself & this team. Give all these great players a great coach!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:07 am

Today's column from the Post begs to differ...

You can argue the merits of Spurrier as an NFL coach long and hard, but the fact is, we don't actually know how good or bad he was. He didn't succeed or fail on his own terms. Exactly which of the Redskins' problems resulted from his shortcomings, and which resulted from chronically lousy upper management, and chaos? It's my own belief that while Spurrier had his flaws, in his third year he might have grown into a good NFL coach, and the Redskins into a good team, had he been genuinely backed by his boss.

The Redskins won five games and lost six more by four points or less. One of their problems was a lack of authority. But Snyder kneecapped and sabotaged his coach's authority before the season ever began, as he does with every coach. I wrote in this space in preseason, when Snyder got rid of Danny Wuerffel and Kenny Watson against Spurrier's wishes, that if it all went wrong, we would know where the problem started. And we do.

Click here for the rest of the story.

Personally... I think it's a well written piece that is brutally honest.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:28 am

Snyder does know the game, he got Spurrier what he said he didn't have the year before, and he still failed. So who's the idiot?

He knows the game.....what game, raquetball?????
AND the overall idiot is still snyder....who hired spurrier in the first place??? MY 2 cents
snyder has got a lot to prove before he gets any props from me. while i don't hate the guy, and he is slowly but surely getting better, he's not there yet. his biigest fault is that he wants to win at all cost.....ever heard the saying "good things come to those who wait"? he's too impatient, and has mucked up a couple good situations for us. if he has really learned his lesson, he'll hire a coach who wants power, and let him do his thing.
jenkins cracks me up
Dennis Green, Ray Rhodes or Jim Fassel, it won't matter who he hires. Snyder could hire Vince Lombardi to come back from the grave for $50 million, and nothing will change at Redskins Park unless the new head coach tells Snyder in no uncertain terms, "Get out of my clubhouse."

ROTFALMAO
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:40 am

I thought it was one of the most honest pieces that I have ever read in the post... great job Sally!

I'm with HS... the Danny shows signs of being a great owner sometimes... but most of the time he's just meddling.

I think the funniest thing about all of it is as we try to figure out whether Snyder knows what he is doing or not... he's raking in money hand over fist.

Outsiders might argue that he knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:51 am

I told you this would happen..read my post "It won't be long" The truth is he's made some mistakes and he's done some good things as well. It was SS who lost control of this team not DS. Why didn't SS stand up and rip management, I understand why the player don't cuz DS signs the $ checks. SS could have really shed some light on the whole thing but he chose not to....yet. Let's see if he gives a interview soon down in FL..but until I hear otherwise SS did a bad job coaching and it was par for the course (pun intended) the way he left. Honestly did SS have the best interest of the Redskins at heart here or did he have the best interest of SS at heart. Their is no questioning where DS heart is at!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:57 am

my argument is that as long as he is raking in that $$$ hand over fist, not much will change. it seems the best way to hurt rich people, is to hurt that hip pocket. imagine danny having to work for a living.... :lowblow: the fans are speaking up slowly but surely. i seen dozens of post about how fed ex feild was a bit empty over the last few games, and the ticket wait list is dwendeling down pretty fast.
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:10 am

DEHog wrote:I told you this would happen..read my post "It won't be long" The truth is he's made some mistakes and he's done some good things as well. It was SS who lost control of this team not DS. Why didn't SS stand up and rip management, I understand why the player don't cuz DS signs the $ checks. SS could have really shed some light on the whole thing but he chose not to....yet. Let's see if he gives a interview soon down in FL..but until I hear otherwise SS did a bad job coaching and it was par for the course (pun intended) the way he left. Honestly did SS have the best interest of the Redskins at heart here or did he have the best interest of SS at heart. Their is no questioning where DS heart is at!!

I disagree... DS didn't put SOS in a position to be successful. There's no pecking order... how can ANYONE exert authority... that's what a pecking order is for.

The Redskins don't have a pecking order.... they have an owner and a pecker named VC.

You tell me how a coach is going to get the respect of his players when he wants to keep a couple of players on the roster (Kenny Watson and Danny Wuerffel) and the owner says 'Nahhhhh... just go with 2 QBs coach. DW will come back if we need him.' If that's not undermining authority than I don't know what is. So now the 'offensive genius' is less qualified to make personnel decisions than Danny is? Do you honestly think that that is something that will endear a coach to his players? I'll tell you what it does... it creates an environment where some jackass like Bruce Smith leap frogs the coach to bitch to the owner. And why wouldn't he? The coach has no clout.

Anyone who has ever been in a position of authority KNOWS that once your authority has been undermined... the respect just dwindles.

I am not sticking up for SOS here.... I think he did a poor job too... but I agree with Sally... until DS can allow someone to OPERATE properly.... Lombardi himself would have trouble posting Ws.

Pecking order creates structure... structure leads to the ability to command... without the former... you most certainly can't have the latter.

My 2 cents

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:18 am

I am not sticking up for SOS here.... I think he did a poor job too... but I agree with Sally... until DS can allow someone to OPERATE properly.... Lombardi himself would have trouble posting Ws.

Pecking order creates structure... structure leads to the ability to command... without the former... you most certainly can't have the latter.

very true. marty didn't have the respect of the guys to begin with, but there was no question that he was in charge, once he won that respect over, good things started to happen. marty had the balls to tell snyder...."get out of MY clubhouse" in so many words. and it completey killed snyder. it ate at him like cancer. he asked for a little power back, marty said NO, so snyder finds a way out with spurrier. i hate soap operas.........
THN's resident jerk.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:20 pm

the times also has an article saying pretty much the same thing....
http://www.washingtontimes.com/sports/20031231-121047-3609r.htm
Washington Redskins spokesman Karl Swanson said Steve Spurrier's resignation announcement yesterday was "totally unexpected."
After that, Swanson was rushed to a local hospital for an emergency nose job, so he would be able to fit it through the door at Redskin Park.
Unexpected? Are you kidding?
You want unexpected? A Redskins coach who lasts more than two years.
Am I being unfair? A little too hard on Dan Snyder? I'm sure his sycophants will say this time it wasn't the owner's fault. He was willing to stick with Spurrier. It was the Ball Coach who made this call.
Nose jobs for everyone, please.
Everything that has happened to this franchise — all the embarrassment, all the losing, all of the turmoil — is the responsibility of Snyder.

that was pretty funny actually.
THN's resident jerk.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:23 pm

As I have siad DS has made mistakes...I just didn't see the committment to the Redskins here by SS...it seem that he was more interested im finding out if his system worked. I don't see where DW and KW made a difference in his system. The easy thing to do here is rip DS for everything. Yes he is responsible for the atmosphere aound Redskin park and I do agree he needs to change in his approach and be a little more hands off. This is the time he can be hands on when looking for a new coach.

T-6 IMO I don't feel this is all about money. DS could've easily fielded a team this bad for a lot less money...And as for FedEx (a topic near and dear to my heart) I'm sure some of the 71,000 fans on the waiting list will step up and buy a ticket when availible of course that assuming those with tickets will give them up. They can continue not attending the games...but that doesn't take a penny out of ticket sales
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:56 pm

but that was my point, as long as dan is running the most profitable franchise in the league, there is no reason for him to do any different. he needs to stop meddeling. KW and DW didn't mean anything to the system. but, a few things happened right then and there. 1. he may as well have spit in spurriers face, to tell a coach who he needs on his team is absurd. 2. dan once again proved why he is the punching bag of all owners by ditchin watson, a guy we could have used needless to say, for sultan, who blew it up against a bunch of backups in pre season. it took him all of 2 NFL plays to get hurt and never return. and as much as i hate to say it spurrier was right about waffel, he knew what he had in rob johnson, and his instinct as a coach told him to keep waffel. snyder again sided with his raquetball buddy, and was damn lucky we found tim hasselbeck or he'd look like even more of an idiot. snyder is progressing though. the jetskins all were good additions. snyder knows how to lure personnel here. he should continue to do that, but the coach should be able to say who he wants and dosen't want. if vinny and danny want to continue to scout, thats fine, help the coach out. but leave it up to the coach to make decision on HIS team. do you ever wonder why we never produce a player out of nowhere? those guys can't scout. they look at the names of the "good" players. i'll bet niether have been on a field in full pads....ever. they don't know what to look for. this is where a coach like green would make a ton of difference. i won't continue to rant and bash on danny, i stand firm, he's getting better, but he still has to prove a couple(more like ten) things to get my vote of confidence.
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:23 pm

Basically, the players saw SOS and listened to Snyder
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:10 pm

BossHog wrote:I thought it was one of the most honest pieces that I have ever read in the post... great job Sally!

Boss IMO Sally says...

Snyder would rather be a big shot in charge of a bad team than a peripheral figure on a good one

As I have already said DS could have been just as much a big shot while spending much less money.Yes DS wants to be a big shot but not with a bad team!! In fact the reason he has made the mistakes is because he wants to win so bad, that coupled with the fact he know nothing about football scouting. Please tell me you don't believe DS care about W's

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:54 pm

You can't just say 'he wants to win so bad, coupled with the fact that he knows nothing about football'.

That's the problem.

If he really wanted to win so bad, and he didn't need to be the focus of attention, he'd HIRE someone who knew what they were doing instead of getting in the way.

The fact that he WILL NOT give someone the power to do what they want with the team is PROOF that he puts the needs of himself above the needs of the team.... because he's not an idiot. He knows as well as anyone that what he's doing hasn't worked at all... but rather than forego the spotlight for a little success, he'd rather keep making the same mistakes.

he has the potential to do great things... he has the pocketbook and the charisma to bring in anyone... but it doesn't matter who you bring in if there's no direction. Recent history has proven that extensively. You see, we can talk about who the best man for the job is and who the best fit for the team is, but until that person, whoever he is, is allowed to DO THE JOB... it won't matter.

If DS really cares about this football team like you say he does... he'll see what a disaster it has been since before he even got here (I'll concede that - no problem), recognize that NOTHING THAT HE HAS DONE has helped at all, and realize that the time has come to step back and let someone else try and do something.

Because that's what is best for this football team.

It's what works for everyone else, and sometimes when you try to defy convention, the short cuts turn into long roads.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:40 pm

BossHog wrote:You can't just say 'he wants to win so bad, coupled with the fact that he knows nothing about football'.

Sure I can...heck that describes 50% of the Redskins fans and close to 100% of the boys fans I know. That what's so nice about coming here and talking to people who know a lot more than the average fan. I agree with most of what you said. I still think DS first priority is to win, as I've said before his best attribute is also his worst. He's a die hard Skins fan and can't help but to put in his 2 cents worth or should I say 800 mil worth.

Who amoung us if we owned the Skins could stay out of the way....that being said It seems to be a no brainer to hire a GM. I just can't understand it. Didn't Jerry Jones go it alone with no GM and HC JJ and won?? Is his ego sooooo big that he is trying to one up JJ??? The only point I was trying to make is I don't think DS wants to be a big shot with a bad team, as Sally Jenkins was trying to imply. I don't think he could be this bad if he tried. He wants to be the big shot with the best team...by any means nessasary that where he's get in trouble.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football