Bruce Allen..Start banging the drum!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
----

Bruce Allen..Start banging the drum!!!

Postby HitDoctor » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:32 pm

Ok,

Just saw the cover story linked to an article in espn.com. For those fellow surfers in the DC area, this guy has to come here. This would be huge in the current regime patching things up with the past it destroyed. If DS brings him on board, then I will give DS a pass for the upcoming season. Otherwise, he stays on my list. I'm interested in what you all think.
it is what it is

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:45 pm

I completely agree with you. If we can nab this guy before the BUCS do, as our GM, I'm gonna give D.S. a pass for the next 5 years!

Allen has done a great job with the Raiders and I know he is exactly what the Skins need as a G.M.!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:52 pm

Read the article as well and can only plead that we could make a move for Allen. If he has similiar abilities to Bobby Beathard, or better yet is better, then I'm all for it. Player scouting is where it all starts. Same concept as shopping at a garage sales...gotta know the difference of gems and garbage. And a good scout will get you the right players for less. Something we are in dire need of. His hiring would be a great way to start this off. "fingers crossed" [-o<

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:08 pm

Yea, it'd be nice if he was hired first...before we start talking to coaches and make sure that the two are compatible....and of course say bye bye to Vinny. DS meanwhile can enjoy his owners box and the spoils of being filthy rich and leave the football side of it alone.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:19 pm

Texas Hog wrote:and of course say bye bye to Vinny.

That was my first thought...where does Va Va Va Vinny fit into this. I have no problem with Allen, I think he may even have some B&G left in him :P
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

piglet

Postby jrforbes » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:03 pm

I can't see DS letting Vinny go...they're two peas in a pod. Actually, Vinny hasn't done bad with recruiting. He raided the Jets and we're on our way to having a solid team. We just need a solid coach.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:24 pm

jrforbes wrote: Actually, Vinny hasn't done bad with recruiting. He raided the Jets and we're on our way to having a solid team. We just need a solid coach.

Easy there fella, you or I could look on a list of good players who are restricted or unrestricted FA and do as good a job. He and the ARSE can't retain enough good talent and find those gems in the middle rounds. He also plucked that Bowen guy and he hasn't exactly made me forget Alvin Walton or Brad Edwards (see Hard Hitting Super Bowl Champion Redskins sans Dan Snyder).
it is what it is

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football