Changes for the Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Uniform and Logo changes

Leave it the same
47%
Change it to the Spear Logo and dark jersey
18%
Come up with a completely new design
12%
Go with the old "R" with the feather for retro look
24%
other...
No votes

Total votes : 17

Changes for the Redskins

Postby Tech Hog » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:46 pm

I have been thinking alot about all of the changes to the organization since St. Joe Gibbs left us for a lot of left turns and come to the following conclusion.

We have a great tradition and a past that rivals many others, but the past is the past and like all eras, we need to file them away and look to the future.

And the future is.... now

We have a new owner with a new vision for our beloved Skins with a new management team that many of us might not like (My Cousin Vinny) but this team is no longer a Kent Cooke organization and I think we need a new look.

Sometimes things come around in a full circle and that is not always a bad thing. What may be old to some would be new to others. For example, bell bottom jeans EEK!!!

I think it is time for a new look and change in our logo and total uniform and the dark jerseys and spear helmet are just thing things we need. Look at the Bucs, Falcons and other teams that revamped their look after so long of a time. It symbolized a new era and great things to come for the players and fans.

If this has been mentioned before, sorry to repeat it but I spend more time keeping the mice that run this server fed than I do actually enjoying life by reading and posting.

What do you think?
"I am in a state of ecstasy. Never mind that nonsense about euphoria and so on, it is sheer unadulterated, uncompromising ecstasy.'' — Cooke, during the locker room celebration after the Redskins won the 1983 Super Bowl.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:56 pm

I voted to leave it the same...cause I like the old. But I also like the spear and darker jerseys. I'm sure we'd all like just about any version of a Skin uni. As long as we stick with the B&G! The white doesn't do much for me.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:07 pm

I was hoping we would wear all red this year. I guess we haven't realized that DARK colors keep you WARMER late in the year. That might be a small reason why we got killed by Dallas was because we wore white on red. Stupid. If we get a new logo, I hope it is futuristic and not tacky. I hate the colts uniforms because they are so boring. The Raiders are dull, too.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:49 pm

How about a logo with Daniel Snyder in a noose? :-k
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

piglet

Postby jrforbes » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:54 pm

I agree...we need a change. The spearhead or R with a feather works for me. I'm not for a futuristic design...just something that is classic and part of our Redskin Tradition. The spearhead didn't work for Spurrier, because he was so hung up on not looking like FSU...even went to great lengths to avoid players from FSU. Thank God Coles made it in.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:33 pm

I said "change it to the spear logo myself. I agree that this team has been dead for too long. It is time to turn things around and come alive again. Perhaps a new logo will add something extra to the "mentality" of the players in deciding to turn this team around, too.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

piglet

Postby jrforbes » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:47 pm

Yeah...and think of the money DS can bring in by marketing a new look. I'm surprised he hasn't capitalized on this already. He may not know football...but you have to admit, he is a successful businessman.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:27 pm

It ain't the logos fault we SUCK.

Leave it alone!!!!
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

---------

Postby redskins56 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:04 am

Hey... no matter what happens, we need to go back to wearing white on white... Remember when we did that to start the year, and then all of the sudden we dropped it.

The Skins were 3-1 wearing white jerseys with white paints, and then, we seemingly forgot that it was doing good. The result of leaving it was a 2-10 record without wearing white on white.

I say we keep it the same, because it would be strange to change, and burgundy and gold is a tradition, and wear white on white at least at all of the home games next season.

Hail to the skins,
Geepz

Postby Tech Hog » Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:11 am

well, my point is that the old tradition is in the past and we need to build on a new tradition and I think the changes would help create a new tradition for a great new future.
"I am in a state of ecstasy. Never mind that nonsense about euphoria and so on, it is sheer unadulterated, uncompromising ecstasy.'' — Cooke, during the locker room celebration after the Redskins won the 1983 Super Bowl.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:24 am

I also liked last years uni's for similiar reasons stated. Not to get too deep into this...but sometimes a change in image can have a powerful affect on someone or an organization in our case. It would be almost like shedding the old, and begining anew. As long as we incorporate burgandy and gold and our mascot...then we still carry on the tradition. Maybe if our players look different, then maybe they'll feel different...and D*mn it...maybe they'll forget about the past and play like they don't want to watch next year's play-offs on the big screen.

My 2 cents

Jacksonville, Florida's Biggest Skins Fan...

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:32 am

How about BossHog spear piecing a star!! We hiring JJ and change Hail to the Redskins to how bout them Skins! Ok seriously, I agree and have stated it many times that this franchise is in love with it past, history is great but at some point you learn from it and move on. DS has made money from change…I see all kinds of Retro stuff and that was for our 70th anniversary, what going to happen at the 75th, 100th? I personally love the retro unis but isn’t that going back. I like to go to a Gold helmet. My son has a Taylor rookie card, he’s wearing burgundy on burgundy, it looks cool. I’m surprised we never wore this combo this year. Hate the white on white
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:44 am

It ain't the logos fault we SUCK.

Leave it alone!!!!

:hail: if we change the logo we might as well look "PC" and change the name too!! WTF?!?!?!
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:17 pm

Do what you want with the unis and logo, I guess...but don't mess with the name!
I'm with triple6 here....it ain't broke...leave it alone.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:23 pm

Amen...new uniforms, but the name and logo remains.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football