Upcoming Redkins Free Agents Re-Posted.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Who do you want to bring back?

Unrestricted: Ethan Albright
No votes
Unrestricted: Champ Bailey
22%
Unrestricted: Kevin Mitchell
No votes
Unrestricted: Bernard Holsey
No votes
Unrestricted: Patrick Johnson
No votes
Unrestricted: Peppi Zellner
11%
Restricted: Darnerien McCants
44%
Restricted: Bryan Johnson
No votes
Restricted: Ifeanyi Ohalete
22%
Restricted: Antonio Pierce
No votes

Total votes : 9
Junior Hog

Upcoming Redkins Free Agents Re-Posted.

Postby Jake » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:07 pm

The free agent list was compiled from Buddha's Redskins Roster Page.

http://home.earthlink.net/~wahoofamily/redskins.htm

Who do you think is the most vital to come back? I think , McCants, Mitchell, Holsey, Albright, and Ohalete are all vital in their own ways. I didn't choose Bailey because more than likely, we will franchise him and if we don't, there are gonna be a truckload of Cb's out there (Bobby Taylor, Antoine Winfield, Troy Vincent Ahmed Plummer, Shawn Springs and many more).
Here's why I'm convinced about these guys:

Darnerien McCants: Darnerien is leading the team in touchdowns. According to his dad, he was getting interest from the Eagles and Giants around the time the 2001 Draft. He decided to be a local loyalist and signed with the Redskins. Darnerien has been used as a makeshift tight end his whole career and has proved to be more reliable than Rod Gardner and has taken the pressure off of Laveranues much better than Rod.

Kevin Mitchell: From what I saw from Kevin Mitchell in 2000 and 2001 when he subbed in as the starter due to injury, I was convinced (and still am) that he has the makings of a great FULL TIME starter in the league. He was an unrestricted free agent last year and he worked out for the Detroit Lions but wasn't signed, so he settled for another one-year contract with us. I don't think we needed to sign Trotter because Mitchell is just as good as Trotter and he doesn't require much of a salary. He wanted to leave the Redskins last season and sign with another team to win a Super Bowl as a starter.

Bernard Holsey: Bernard has been solid with us so far as a part time tackle and we are relativly thin at DT. Holsey has been with several teams but seems motivated to try his best.

Ethan Albright: The one and only "Red Snapper" has provided us the long-term consistency at the long-snapping postion that we have not seen for years. I took Albright's abilities somewhat for granted until I saw a segment about him and his snapping speed. He snapped the ball to the same area and at the same speed (about 26 mph each time). Seeing that segment gave me a new respect for him and his position
and I have kept his skills in mind ever since.

Ifeanyi Ohalete: Ifeanyi has been a key starter since last season and has taken over starting free safety spot due to Sam Shade's release. Ifeanyi is tied with Fred Smoot and Matt Bowen for the team lead in interceptions this season. (3) Since signing with the Skins as an undrafted free agent in 2001, he has been a diamond-in-the-rough.

Here's the full list of 2004 Redskins Free Agents:
WR 84 Patrick Johnson unrestricted
G/C 64 Lennie Friedman unrestricted
T (LS) 67 Ethan Albright unrestricted
TE 89 Zeron Flemister unrestricted
DT 96 Darrell Russell unrestricted
DT 72 Martin Chase unrestricted
DT 90 Bernard Holsey unrestricted
DE 93 Peppi Zellner unrestricted
MLB 55 Kevin Mitchell unrestricted
CB/PR/WR 24 Champ Bailey unrestricted
FS/CB 31 David Terrell unrestricted
FB 47 Bryan Johnson restricted (0)
WR 85 Darnerian McCants restricted (5)
OLB 58 Antonio Pierce restricted (0)
FS/SS 26 Ifeanyi Ohalete restricted (0)
S/CB 29 Todd Franz restricted (5)
OLB 52 Lemar Marshall exclusive
CB/PR 20 Bruce Branch exclusive
Last edited by Jake on Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:30 pm

DM, b.johnson, pierce and ohalete are all RFAs, which is good. if we can't reach a deal, depending on amt tendered, we can at least use the draft pick factor to our advantage. but none of these guys are really considered spectactular, so there's a good chance we can get them back.
friedman and mitchell are both great blue collar guys and would be worth resigning. bailey would be a good move, i just don't think he wants to be here. david terrell is s ST monster, and fits right in. patrick johnson had a decent year in a limited role, probably could get him back rather easily.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:43 pm

If I had to choose just one, it's gotta be McCants. This guy has done nothing but play his heart out for the Skins and he's going to improve each year. Eventually, he may even be good enough to be #1 (if Coles weren't around).
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football