Will Eddie George Be A Skin Next Year?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Junior Hog

Will Eddie George Be A Skin Next Year?

Postby Jake » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:35 pm

One thing I'm noticing in the Titans-Buzzards game is that the Titans are giving running back Chris Brown a lot of reps. I think Theismann mentioned that George's cap number will be about 7 million so they may have to let him go. I'm not sure White-shirt Vinny or Danny Girl will take a chance on him because of his injuries. Hey, he can't be any worse than what we have right now. \:D/

No matter what we do, all I have to say for tonight is:

GO TITANS AND PANTHERS!!!! I hope Wycheck kills the buzzards and Stephen kills the Cowboys!!!!
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:03 pm

and go seahawks tomorrow... as far as eddie, he's washed up and seems to be injury prone, i don't want him.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

~~~~

Postby ANT7088 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:56 pm

I dont want him either but as far as injuries go he's had like a hundred and seventy something consecutive starts. So how injury prone is he? I thought the same thing until I heard that..
AnTsSkInZ

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:58 pm

I dont want him either but as far as injuries go he's had like a hundred and seventy something consecutive starts. So how injury prone is he? I thought the same thing until I heard that..
but how effective was he playing through those injuries......
THN's resident jerk.

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:53 pm

George is playing with a seperated shoulder that he suffered early in the game. No doubt he is a warrior but his career is at the two minute warning and he is just about out of timeouts.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

---------

Postby redskins56 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:25 am

No way, Eddie George is the last thing we need. He is passed his prime, suffers injuries as often as Tony Banks fumbled, and stuggles to average 3 yards a carry in every game, and for the entire season total....

There are some good backs out there, but paying George 7 million to carry the ball 21 times for 65 yards isnt worth it...

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:00 am

Well say what you want about Eddie George and his future, but yesterday's performance was one of the guttiest and grittiest I've seen in a long time.

I agree that he is not what we need in terms of talent, but the Redskins could use some warriors LIKE George.

I was beside myself every time George got popped in the 2nd half. I've played hockey with a badly separated shoulder (coupled WITH a broken collar bone I might add). There were times where I nearly 'whited out' just from the pain. I saw that look in Eddie's face time after time yesterday... and he just kept getting up.

... phenomenal performance.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:45 pm

Speaking of playing through injuries...I once had to eat wings and drink beer one handed after breaking three fingers in a football game. Had those suckers stuck in the facemask of an opponent and snap, there they went. Now THAT is being a warrior, brothers.

Seriously, I admire players like George but as much as an asset he may be, he will undoubtedly be an expensive risk. There are bigger, cheaper and younger backs out there.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:49 pm

I'm not certain that we will use a pick on a RB -- and I certainly hope we don't at least until the later rounds when it seems that frequently good RBs are drafted. If we do however, it would be great to bring in someone Like Eddie George, as long as he doesn't cost us $7mill, to tide us over a year or two. It will almost certainly take that long for a newbie to learn the NFL. George probly has that much left in him!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:56 pm

Wingman wrote:Speaking of playing through injuries...I once had to eat wings and drink beer one handed after breaking three fingers in a football game. Had those suckers stuck in the facemask of an opponent and snap, there they went. Now THAT is being a warrior, brothers.

See you break a lot of fingers playing hockey 'cause that's just what happens when you're punching a guy in the head through a hard plastic helmet.

So let a Canadian give you a friendly drinking aid for just such occasions...

... funnels and friends!

-drinking

... and I agree that George is not our RB solution.... just saying that we could use some of that attitude.

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:50 pm

You Canadians ought to learn that no matter how much rye whiskey you consume, plastic helmets will beat human fists everytime. That's why you hit them hard enough that they suffer interal injuries.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:11 pm

You're right, to us Canucks, it doesn't matter how much rye you consume... period.

And sure you can hit them hard enough to give them internal injuries but that's not as much fun as pulling his shirt over his head and just jackhammering the guy in the face with uppercuts...

Er, sorry... but...

I AM CANADIAN.

Rememeber my shirt bro?

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:06 pm

The Skins should be so lucky to have a guy like George on our team. Boss I'm with you...when he got in Lewis' grill like that I said the Titans are going to win!! Lewis made a point to finger George as soft a few years ago and then again a few month ago in the Sporting news. Glad to see Eddie get the better of him this time
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:14 am

That was awesome.

Like I said, to play through that obvious pain... pure warrior.

I think the world of lewis, frankly, I just can't take my eyes off of him when I'm watching the Ravens. The guy is phenomenal, and it is rare indeed to see ANYONE get the better of him.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:45 am

The guy is phenomenal, and it is rare indeed to see ANYONE get the better of him.
and just as rare to see anyone step to him...... george got cahoonies. i still don't want him though.
THN's resident jerk.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football