What about Jim Johnson????

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

What about Jim Johnson????

Postby BryenJ1982 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:59 pm

What about Jim Johnson, the Defensive coordinator for the Eagles? I like the Idea of the Redskins going with a defensive coach because of all potential on that side of the ball with our linebackers.

Who knows, he may be able to teach LaVar some discipline!! Draft a Stud defensive lineman with the 5th pick and in the second round with the 37th pick, and i like what he have going into next season on the defensive side.

What do you guys think??

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:20 pm

I like Jim Johnson and I agree that with a stud DT and DE, this defense could do great things.

I don't know how much discipline Lavar would have to learn... he and/or Trotter would be blitzing on nearly every down!!!!

The best points about Jim Johnson...
1) Trotter may return to the form he had in Philly
2) It would hurt the Eagles significantly. Their defense would likely have to learn a whole new system.
3) he's obviously very familiar with the NFC East

The drawbacks...
1) New guys have a tendency to 'conform' and this franchise needs some structure. If, and it's a big if, someone like D. Green were to be hired, it would mean that SOME power was conceded by DS and My Cousin Vinny.

2) He may not be new to the NFL like Spurrier, but he would still be a rookie head coach
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:30 pm

I love the idea of a defensive HC I guess I still want it to be Remeo Crennel, no he has not been a HC but neither was Fox, Del Rio, Fassel, Lewis... you have to start somewhere!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:38 pm

I love the idea of a defensive HC I guess I still want it to be Remeo Crennel, no he has not been a HC but neither was Fox, Del Rio, Fassel, Lewis... you have to start somewhere!!
although we might not be the ones to do it, with 7 HC jobs available right now, we'll probably see at least 2 new faces on the HC scene.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football