PUKES LOSE

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

PUKES LOSE

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:43 am

Just thought it was nice S.Davis got some against the pukes. He was a solid player for the skins while he was here. Oh yea it was nice hearing all the puke fans cry the day after they were dismantled

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:36 am

Raven's fans, too. :-({|=
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:46 am

Yes we Pukes lost, but isn't funny how we were not supposed to win more then 7 games this year but we ended up winning 10. Also isn't funny that after 3 years of going 5-11 we are closer to making an impact in the playoffs then the skins are.

For real Cowboy fans this year was great 10-6 and playoff game with a Qb in his 3 system in 3 years and no running game. Just think what Bill Parcells will do the second year especially about 8-10 million under the cap.

Unfortunately, you are right...

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:57 am

No matter who Snyder hires as coach, the redskins will be no better and maybe worse than this year. The issue is not the coach, we(skins and nfl fans) all know that, its Dan Snyder.

It seems as though we as redskins fans will endure this losing until Dan makes a chnage himself. Oh yeah, by the way, Spurrier could have made the playoffs with this team. He was just undermind by the owner.

Hate to preach gloom and doom, but the organization sucks right now, and will until the owner gets serious about winning and lets football people do what football poeple do.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:00 am

gambit187 wrote:For real Cowboy fans this year was great 10-6 and playoff game with a Qb in his 3 system in 3 years and no running game. Just think what Bill Parcells will do the second year especially about 8-10 million under the cap.

Yes but isn't it funny that after a 7-2 start you went 3-5 against the better teams (two of the wins came against the Skins and Giants??)...don't kids yourself my friend there is work to do in D. Be happy while you have a guy who can get it done, cause he won't be there long!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:40 am

gambit187 wrote:Yes we Pukes lost, but isn't funny how we were not supposed to win more then 7 games this year but we ended up winning 10. Also isn't funny that after 3 years of going 5-11 we are closer to making an impact in the playoffs then the skins are.

Gambit, gambit, gambit.

You THINK you are closer to making an impact, but your opportunity is OVER. That's the brutal thing about the NFL... every year, you have to start again. With parity the way it is in the NFL, there's no such thing as 'closer to making an impact'... you either make that impact or start fresh the next season.

Parcells is a great coach, and the Cowboys have soooooo much cap space that they are in position to do great things.

But that doesn't make it so.

The Cowboys folded like a cheap suit when the nitty gritty hit... Parcells has to overcome that hurdle, find himself a new RB, hope that his staff isn't pillaged (I've heard Carthon mentioned for a couple of jobs)... and then... start again in 2004.

The Cowboys got on a roll early and rode a nice wave this season... congrats. But don't think that guarantees anything for next season... look at Tampa Bay and Oakland this year. It's a fine line between a good season and a bad season (trust us, we know).

For real Cowboy fans this year was great 10-6 and playoff game with a Qb in his 3 system in 3 years and no running game

Real Cowboy fans? What are those? I thought it was a prerequisite to just hop on the bandwagon when it drove by :-)

As for Quincy... if he was the answer... the rumors of BP trying to get Drew Bledsoe to Dallas probably wouldn't exist.

Oh and by the way... you're not 8-10 million under the cap, you're 18 million under the cap (there's a thread in the ATL forum), the Redskins are about 9 mil. Of course, if the Cowboys are stupid enough to sign Cory Dillon, that'd be about 7 million of cap and Bledsoe would be about the same, so you'd already be down to 3 mil, enough to sign draft picks etc. Still, you would have added two big offensive pieces though.

redskinsmiley

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:52 am

My fault i was incorrect with my cap figures, it is more like 16 million. Also no matter how long Parcells last (which will probally be 3 years), when ever he leaves an organization he leaves them in good position for years to come. Also the coming of Parcels to Dallas has shown the League that Ole Plastic Surgery Jerry Jones is easy to work with as long as the coach knows what he is doing.

DE HOG, I NEVER said we didnt have work to do in Dallas, but let me tell you this. NO SUCESSFULL AND LONG LASTING MILITARY UNIT HAS EVER BEEN BUILT BY HIRNING MERCENARIES, YOU HAVE TO HAVE GOOD WILLING RECRUITS. HENCE Synder needs to stop trying to hire big name players and build the team thru the draft.

Also DE Hog check your math there are 16 games in a season
We went 10-6 thats the season final total. Thats still better then 5-11 and having the second highest payroll.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:07 am

gambit187 wrote: Thats still better then 5-11 and having the second highest payroll.

:lowblow:

Ouch. Can't argue with you there.

But when you think about it... the only thing that Cowboys fans got in the 2003 season that Redskins fans didn't, was a shellacking in the first round of the playoffs.

Everyone always points to the $$$ we spend... it ain't my money! Let them spend, spend, spend... the cap has yet to bite us so squarely on the ass that we were handcuffed a la Dallas or San Fran in the late 90s... so why not?

Cowboys fans slay me. How ANYONE who has had JJ for an owner for the last however many years and makes fun of OTHER meddling owners is just a joke. So he stepped aside this year when he got Parcells... what about the last decade? The guy is the poster child for meddling owners. You don't see Danny Boy on the sidelines talking directly to players during the game do you? Talk about disconcerting. I mean the big joke was always that JJ wouldn't rest until he was the coach and/or GM.

And one last thing... military unit? Mercenaries? Do they have a salary cap? :-)

HTTR

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:49 am

gambit187 wrote:
DE HOG, I NEVER said we didnt have work to do in Dallas, but let me tell you this. NO SUCESSFULL AND LONG LASTING MILITARY UNIT HAS EVER BEEN BUILT BY HIRNING MERCENARIES, YOU HAVE TO HAVE GOOD WILLING RECRUITS. HENCE Synder needs to stop trying to hire big name players and build the team thru the draft.

Also DE Hog check your math there are 16 games in a season
We went 10-6 thats the season final total. Thats still better then 5-11 and having the second highest payroll.

Not sure what you mean by comparing football to military... apples and oranges. As for building through the draft You won't get a agrument here. Go back and read my posts I have mentioned it repeately.

Now as for my math... try to stay with me now

7+2= 9
3+5= 8
Total 17
How many games did you guy play??
I included the Carolina game because after the 7-2 start they were the only winning team you beat. And we saw who the better team was Sat night. How many Cowboys does it take to screw in a light bulb? One unless it's a blowout then they all show up!! :lol:

yes 10-6 is better than 5-11
just like 8-8 was better than 5-11
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:39 pm

"Now as for my math... try to stay with me now

7+2= 9
3+5= 8
Total 17
How many games did you guy play??
I included the Carolina game because after the 7-2 start they were the only winning team you beat. And we saw who the better team was Sat night. How many Cowboys does it take to screw in a light bulb? One unless it's a blowout then they all show up!!"

Nicely down DEHOG, you have to remember, crackwagon fans are a little slower than the norm.

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:42 pm

BOSSHOG with the military vs mercanary anology i wanted to basically tell you that you build better cohesive units thru the draft......Just as in the military when u get 4 or 5 guys close in age and close in the things they like to do, they all join the military and become buddies and in times of need they count on each other more and know each other better WHY because of the reason i stated above.

Also how many owners in this League can say they have 3 rings within 10 years of there ownership.

Also if not for Jerry Jones Reebok would probally be the only people selling NFL jerseys, and you probally would be only able to drink Coors and Coca Cola at all games. Jerry Jones came into this league and changed the marketing for staduims and products to make the league a ton of money.

Its alittle known fact that Jerry and Danny are good friends, but Jerry Jones is much smarter then ole Danny boy. Oh and sorry that my owner has the balls to talk to players on the sideline. That is still alot better the players going to him crying after a game about playing time.

LOL i never said i was super inlove with Jerry Jones or that he was with out faults. I think i do make fun of him just like you guys, but i also respect his game(street term) and what he has done for the Cowboys and the NFL.

PS THIS MESSAGE WILL BE KEPT SEPARATE FROM THE BASHING I AM ABOUT TO GIVE. DEHOG AND DOESLAMMER SIMPLY CAUSE BOSSHOG IS COOL GUY AND SEEMS TO BE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE OF FOOTBALL AND NOT A TWIT.

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:53 pm

Now DEHOG and DOESLAMMER

this is NFL 101

There are 3 phases

PreSeason= 4 to 5 games
Regular Season= 16 games
Post Season= if you get in MAX 4 games.

So regular season we were 10-6, you were 5-11
Post season we got our buts whipped, As for your post season you have to say hello to another head coach, possible another offensive coordinator, and possible another D-coordinator(although Edwards will come around with time, just look at who learned under Wannstand,Butch Davis,Campo, Mike Zimmer, Marvin Lewis).

It would not be fair to ad post season in with regular season stats cause not everyone gets to go to the post season.

Oh and the blowout comment. Yes we got blown out 2 times on the road. But I seem to remember we walked in your house and beat the skins 27-0. We came into your own house slapped you and your family around , ate your food , used your bathroom , took a dump and rolled out with out saying bye.

Also building cohesive units in the military is alot like building a football team. But you two have probally never served our country so you would not know. Let alone strapped on a helmet and played the game.

Bobby Knight/Bill Parcells both have strong military backgrounds. LOL........COME ON YOU GUYS GIVE ME YOUR BEST...U will only fail ........Like Snyder and winning a Superbowl.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:04 pm

gambit187 wrote:Now DEHOG and DOESLAMMER

But you two have probally never served our country so you would not know. Let alone strapped on a helmet and played the game.

19 years and counting...You??...you really don't want to go down this avenue with me. I left it along as I thought you read my bio. But if you must I'm perpared

I will address the rest of your post in due time. Because their are some things I think your forgeting about you Great owner Mr. Jones. The only crying I remember this year was parcells after the first panther game. What's a matter they kick you off the Cowgirls site so you show up here looking for some love???

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:17 pm

Let's remember the Smack forum if this is going to escalate :-)

Anything goes there... here... we keep it PG.

Thanks.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:25 pm

I dont like it when my Privates argue!

HoooooaaaaaaaHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Buddy ready, Buddy moving!!!!!!!
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record: