PUKES LOSE

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:26 pm

Gambit187,
First let me apologized if you take anything I say personally. My comment are made to be sarcastic and about the Cowboys. Not you personally.

So lets get back to the topic of owners and football, if you want to talk military, I love to, meet me in the lounge.

In 1989 Jerry Jones brought the Cowboys and replaced head coach Tom Landry with Jimmy Johnson. I remember at the time (I was living in San Antonio) it was not a very popular decision and the fans down there were livid the way Jones handle the whole thing. Tex Schramm resigned as Cowboys general manager or did Jones fire him has was suggested by the media down there.

The Cowboys go on to tie the record of 15 losses in a season and set a new record with 14-consecutive home losses. The fans are beside them self there’re calling for Jones and Johnson heads. In 1990 The boys have a great draft (who do you credit that to??) after starting the season 3-7, Dallas won four games in a row to even their record at 7-7. Aikman separated his shoulder and the boys lost the final two games of the season. Jimmy Johnson was named the NFL's Coach of the Year. If JJ doesn’t win 7 games or Troy doesn’t separate his shoulder or Johnson doesn’t get Coach of the Year…Does Jones retain him??? I’m not convinced that he would’ve.

Johnson then win two SB and promptly quits after Jones’ ego won’t let him give any credit to Johnson for winning. Then the Cowboys find out just how good Johnson was and how bad Jones is. He goes out and Hires Switzer, please tell me you don’t believe he was the best candidate at the time? As a testimony of how good of team Johnson built, The Boys win A SB despite Switzer, of course Jones takes credit for it. Then things get ugly, Switzer get fired. Jones hires Chan Gaily who goes 18-14 with two playoff appearances and Jones promptly fires him?? And hire Dave Campo, again I ask was this the best candidate?? Hiring Parcell was a no brainer and poor ole Jerry has had to take a back seat to him. But my point is it has taken Jones 14 years to figure some things out as a owner…here you are along with some of the Redskins faithful bashing our owner after 5 year. You can’t compare them, but boy there are some striking similarities!
As for whether Jones is smarter than Synder, All I know is Synder has been at the top of the list every year in the marketing department. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Dec26.html. You have to give him his props here. As for me, yes I have played the game, was offered scholarships to play in college, and didn’t …Long story. I now coach at the youth level and have been ask to get involved at the high school level. I don’t have the time now but would love to after the military. I think I know a little about football…have much to learn.
P.S. check out my picks…in weekend prediction over around the league…no they weren’t edited.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:14 pm

Sweet post DE.

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:35 pm

Yeah............So at ease!!!!

Private.
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:01 pm

Gambit187, this sport is just for fun, has nothing to do with or ever has done with the military, so lets leave the military remarks out of it, because no football player ever could do as much as are men and women of the armed forces are doing, none of these players are going out on a field and going to get shot, or have a bomb blow up as they dance in the endzone, that is one thing that bugs me is when a person or player references that the military and football have anything to do with each other, example ( Kevin Winsloy from Miami).

No I didn't ever serve in the forces, does that make me less of a person than you I don't think so, and if you served are great country than I say THANK YOU !!! regardless of what team you cheer for, my hat is always off to you. My best friend is a Cowboys fan, you really can't affend me any more than he does with his comments, but after the games over it is all good. And yes I have strapped the helmet on, I played all through highschool and went to a division 3 college and played, never made it past the second season, blown knee, still hurts to this day. So when we make fun of each others team remember it is nothing personal, just all fun. Don't turn into the typical Eagles fan, where they have to start attacking your knowledge of the game, your intelligence and your family. I apologize for saying you are slower than the norm for being a cowboys fan. But DEHog had a good point and was counting the Carolina loss, All is good in PA, good luck next year.

No hard feelings, but who is going to be your quaterback next year, and runningback, or do you think Parcells is going to keep quincy and hambrick.
Marc

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:33 pm

doeslammer wrote:Gambit187, because no football player ever could do as much as are men and women of the armed forces are doing, none of these players are going out on a field and going to get shot, or have a bomb blow up as they dance in the endzone,

Thank you for the kind words about are military. I have the utmost respect for those who have serve especially the Army and Marines (I'm Air Force) It's really nice to hear it from people who haven't served. Being medical and serving here at Dover..home to the largest Mortuary in the world I have seen more death then I care to admit. Guess that why I got a little taking back by 187 comments about the military. I do see why player refer to football as a war, and Winslow comments did not affend me as it was in the context of the game. On the other hand when Joe Horn comes out of the tunnel before the game and simulates shooting down his teammates with a machine guy..that's taking it a bit to far!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:29 am

SEE THIS IS WHAT WOMEN TALK ABOUT , WHEN THEY SAY US MEN DONT LISTEN OR FULLY READ THE NOTES OR LETTERS THEY WRITE US.

LOL first of all guys i take nothing personal, never have never will. You guys also are not reading what i posted the right way. This what i said (Also building cohesive units in the military is alot like building a football team.)

All i said is that some of the CONCEPTS (TEAM WORK, EPRIT DE CORPS, AND COMRADERY) used in the military apply to football. When you are in war those concepts strengthens your unit. Just like on the field they strenghtn a team. So the similarities are there. Alot of the greatest coaches have military backgrounds here are 3 Tommy Lasarda, Bill Parcells, Bobby Knight. Oh and when i said something inreference to recruits and mercernaries i was refering to draft pics and free agents.

I know this cause i was in the army for 7 years left as a Sgt, and now in the civilian world i use those same concepts i was taught in the military to build my purchasing and contract teams.

DOESSLAMMER, you dont have to tell me about war cause i have been in it, and DEHOG i was seeing death and alot of it way before the military on the streets of Jersey and Philly coming up. To be honest more up close and personal then you would ever know. Oh and i know about Dover, i sent some of our soldiers home from Germany and Kuwait so i feel you on that one.

Ok now to Pretzel boy Synder, yes its true that the clown prince is a marketing guru, but how much does he owe. Last time i checked the Skins were worth a Billion almost, but Synder does owe about 4-5 hundred millions also.

LET ME ADD THIS NOTE FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NOT READ MY OTHER POST HERE.

I can honestly say that i am intune with today's modern day greedy, selfish athelete. As an individual working towards one day becoming a slimey agent or sport marketing consultant I interact with alot of the DC metro area atheletes present and past. Alot of the younger guys long for the older veterans to help them, so when you dont have veterans on the teams (wizards,skins) that care about developing lasting brother/fatherfigure friendships things tend to get messed up. [/quote]

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:29 am

Not as much as you think...from the post

He has succeeded in cutting the debt in half, bolstered by consistently good earnings, once-in-a-lifetime low interest rates and his recruitment of new investors who injected more than $200 million into the team last summer. NFL sources say there are now at least a dozen teams deeper in debt than the Redskins.

Other owner love Synder if for nothing else they saw there franchises go up in value after he brought the team

Please don't try to compare the street of Philly and NJ to a war zone, come on you served in a war zone!!

So what is your take on Jerry Jones ??

Sometime I think you just speak on the fly...there's a lot of info out here do some research.
Last edited by DEHog on Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:10 pm

Actually I met Jerry Jones once when i was volunteering at a Darrell Green youth organization. Was alittle in awe but remained calm and focused on handshake and trying to make any type of decent first impression on him.

As i said on this board before maybe Since Synder and Jones are good friends. Synder should go to the same plastic surgeon and inhale some of that gas that Jerry got a hold of that ended up changing his way of thinking.

To me he is another good ole boy, but with money, not to say that he is racist or prejudice, but he will be loyal to those that make him money and can continue to be of value to him.

He has made his share of mistakes and let his Arkansas/Texas millionare oil ego get the best of him at times. But i respect his business savy, his vision and the things he has done in the NFL.

But thru the past 3 years of studing sports management and sports marketing I know ALL OWNERS ARE SHADY AND GREEDY, AND THE MAJORITY OF ATHELETES ARE GREEDY, BUT ITS THE AMERICAN WAY.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:21 pm

gambit187 wrote:Actually I met Jerry Jones once when i was volunteering at a Darrell Green youth organization. Was alittle in awe but remained calm and focused on handshake and trying to make any type of decent first impression on him.

What does that have to do with this??? Sometime I think you just speak on the fly without knowing your facts...there's a lot of info out here do some research.

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:48 pm

DEHOG I really dont understand the tone of your last post. You asked me what i thought about Jerry Jones, I think I told you what i thought about Jerry Jones. Forgive me all to hell for putting in the first part about my handshake with the man. SOME HOW I MUST HAVE FORGOT THIS IS AMERICA. If by opening my question with a brief statement of my encouter with the man offended you I DO APOLIGIZE.

I do feel that i answered your question though SIR DICTATOR.

HOLD ON I THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE MESSAGE BOARD.......CAUSE ALL I SAW ON UR POST WAS ( So what is your take on Jerry Jones ?? ) and nothing else until i got back to my office and looked again.

Also you still acting like the typical male. I did not compare the streets of NJ and philly to war. I compared them to death. Meaning i have seen people get shot lots of dayum times in high school and been to lots of dayum funerals from 9-12 grade. What i said if you read correctly (DEHOG i was seeing death and alot of it way before the military on the streets of Jersey and Philly coming up. To be honest more up close and personal then you would ever know)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football