Some Good and Bad Speculation. From profootballweekly.com

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Junior Hog

Some Good and Bad Speculation. From profootballweekly.com

Postby Jake » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:48 am

Word around Redskins Park is that some of Steve Spurrier’s assistants have really turned on their former coach after he failed to contact many of them following his resignation.

One player the Redskins would like to develop and give more experience to is QB Gibran Hamdan, who could end up playing in Europe.

Don’t believe those rumors that Raiders senior assistant Bruce Allen is a candidate for a job with the Redskins — it’s simply not true according to sources close to the situation in Washington.

The one thing that could keep LB Jesse Armstead in Washington is if the Redskins hire Jim Fassel, who has remained close to Armstead.

Keep an eye on Redskins LB Clifton Smith, a player who the team wants to see develop. The team liked his productivity in the preseason and thinks he could develop into a starter two or three years down the road.

Some people around Redskins Park have soured on RB Ladell Betts’ act, which has included missed meetings this season.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:49 am

Word around Redskins Park is that some of Steve Spurrier’s assistants have really turned on their former coach after he failed to contact many of them following his resignation.
the axe is still coming for most of these guys, even though spurrier didn't have the balls to do it.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:57 pm

Brindise is reportedly taking the offensive coordinator job with ECU.

The most surprising thing I read from that article was about Ladell Betts. I am shocked to read something like this. He is one of the classiest and friendliest people on the team.

I was a little surprised but pleased to read about Hamdan possibly going to Europe. I will definitely be watching and rooting for him.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:48 pm

Jake - I love ya bro but I have to letcha know that all nice guys aren't as nice as they seem :) I liked Betts, but I wondered how long a friggin fracture was gonna last. It wasn't even a full break. We had Ramsey and LC playing with foot breaks that were certainly serious enough to keep them off the field.

LC earned almost 1300 yards... Ramsey took 20+ sacks after and still hung in there. I question Betts' heart.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:16 pm

Brindise is reportedly taking the offensive coordinator job with ECU.
good news for g'ville NC.... :celebrate:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:01 pm

Betts is a mediocre back at best. He just looked impressive this season becuase of who else was coming out of our backfield. I saw one too many of his "look out blocks" that allowed Ramsey to get drilled to be real excited about his running abilities. There is more to the RB slot than hitting the holes.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football