fassel rumors

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Evil Hog

fassel rumors

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:17 am

with nyg making a strong push to nab tom coughlin(he's in ny for a 2nd interview, and many believe he'll be offered the job), i've heard rumors that buffalo is planning to make fassel's interview with them, his last stop. rumor has it, they aren't happy with "whats left" out there with coughlin gone, and they will push hard to get fassel. hopefully danny was smart enough to tell fassel not to accept a job with out givin us a chance to match or beat any offer.... My 2 cents
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:29 am

I heard the same thing exactly.

I heard that Fassel was a shoe in for the Bills gig, and that Coughlin was all but signed in NY.

That will leave Green and Rhodes. We ain't going to get Green with Snyderrato, so that leaves Rhodes.

Who nobody on this list seems to like.

Looks to me like we'll be getting an also-ran. Fassel and Green both stated how impressed they were with how prepared the Redskins were for their interviews... but it was as they were leaving town for other interviews.

Jim Johnson from the Eagles would probably be my first choice for co-ordinators that deserve promoting. We hurt the Eagles and help our defense with one fell swoop.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:33 am

Yea...don't you think if the Skins wanted Fasel he'd be a Skin already??? I know they wanted to interview Rhoades but I don't see that holding things up. I think it's Fassel, he's in the driver seat. Also heard the Jets are making a push for Williams as their DC
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:38 am

IMO I don't want Rhodes simply because I think that he has hit his glass ceiling of ability. There are some coaches that can organize one side of the team, and do it well. Rhodes is like that. Turner was like that. The problem is that when they move up they lose that expertise moving to both sides of the ball as well as special teams, handling the press, the FO, yada yada yada.

Rhodes didn't do it well at Philly. I don't consider he got a fair shot at GB. I do know that he has expressed reluctance to take another HC job.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:53 am

well, if we don't get fassel or green, i still don't want rhodes. lovie smith, romeo crennel, and jim johnson have that itch to try it on their own, that ray says he dosen't have anymore. the guy dosen't even want to talk to the press as a DC. one question though, if we get a defensive minded head coach, who the hell do we get to run the offense. i don't doubt hue jackson's ability to run the o, but having only been a coord for one year, and under spurrier needless to say, it gives me jitters thining about that.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:31 pm

It's definetely concerning that people are saying that Rhoades would have to be coaxed back to a HC position. Screw that.....we want someone hungry to fill the position, not someone who has to be coerced.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby skins75 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:00 pm

Has anybody heard anything regarding Jim Haslett in NO? I heard that he was going to be on the chopping block but havent heard anything regarding his future.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:06 pm

Just heard that Coughlin signed with the Giants.

piggie

Postby REDSKINMARK » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:05 pm

I too just heard the Coughlin signing. I agree with Texas... don't want to, or need to coax anyone to coach this franchise.

I want someone with hunger. Jeez, seems we had that guy last year and he went to Cincy.
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:56 pm

Yea Coughlin agent is saying the deall is done but the Giants are denying it has happened...sound fimilar. Of course the Giants have schedule a press conference tomorrow
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:11 pm

REDSKINMARK wrote:I want someone with hunger. Jeez, seems we had that guy last year and he went to Cincy.

=D>

No doubt.

Spurrier's laissez faire attitude made everyone think that Lewis was a tyrant when in reality... he's the reason we even won 7 games. Sure he was a little gruff... but at least he commanded respect and for the most part -- he got it.

Daggum hindsight :-)

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:50 pm

I too am afraid that Snyderatto -- © 2004 S.K. Repsher -- is going to be stuck with third choice, a k a Mr. Ray.

That is something that Snyder doesn't accept too easily. Going to be interesting to see how The Danny reacts to someone walking away from the most possible cash.[/code]
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:58 pm

It'll be interesting to see how the fans react too.

There are a lot of people under the impression that Snyder's money will buy anything... but we might be about to find out that ain't so.

Having said that... guys like Andy Reid were dark horse candidates to even get NFL head coaching jobs and look how he turned out. I'm not so sure we wouldn't be just as well off with a Jim Johnson or Tim Lewis (who was fired by the Steelers today) any way.

I think it'll be just as interesting to see how Snyder reatcs if Rhodes just flat out refuses to come coach the Skins because Danny has never had anything but the nicest things to say about Ray Ray.

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:09 pm

If it is Rhodes, I dont see this team maximizing their potential. I would be disappointed if it is Ray that we "settle" for.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football