Breaking News....GIBBS IS BACK !!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DM's #1 fan

Breaking News....GIBBS IS BACK !!!!

Postby SkinsChic » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:44 am

I heard the talk on the news this morning and thought what a terrible rumor to spread if it's not true....and then as I pulled into work the radio station I listen to reported that on CBS Sportsline - that a "high ranking official" from the Redskins has reported that Joe Gibbs has signed as Head Coach of the Washington Redskins and he's already talked to Greg Williams and got him to agree to be his defensive coordinator. I'm hoping this is true.....
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:47 am

Oh My God !!! All I can do is cry tears of happiness !!!!! This is awesome....go to cbssportsline.com
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:58 am

As trumpets play in the background

Halleluiah! Halleluiah! Halleluiah! Halleluiah! Halleluiah! Halleluiah!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

---------

Postby redskins56 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:38 am

wooo hooo... what an amazing day

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:50 am

Okay...Channel 5 (FOX) reports that the big screen tv's are going up at Redskins Park...and we could have a press conference late this afternoon....

Woo Hoo !!!!
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:24 am

OH....AND JOE BUGEL....OFFENSIVE LINE COACH !!!
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri

Postby f l u r p » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:55 am

I'm a die-hard Cowboy fan and have lurked here on this board for some time now. Only now did I feel the urge to create a user account and post. Only now have the Redskins done something to perk up the ears of Cowboy fans.

I'm really happy for you guys. No doubt Gibbs is the perfect choice for the Skins. I had really hoped that you guys would bring in Fassel or Rhodes. I have no fear of those guys. Gibbs on the other hand demands respect, even from Cowboy fans.

It seems that Little Danny Snyder, no doubt for all the wrong reasons, has made a wise decision. He's learning from his idol, Jerry, but I don't think he understands the lesson, he simply parrots what he's observed.

You can thank Jerry for indirectly bringing Gibbs back, because if Jerry hadn't brought in Big Bill, no doubt Snyder would be looking for someone he could take the credit from. He's Jerry Jr, but a bit further back on the development track. Oh, and of course, without the Super Bowls.

My sincere hope though is that the game has changed so much that Joe is out of touch and rusty to the point that Danny feels that he might be able to meddle in order to "help" Gibbs.

The decade long one-team concept that Gibbs rode to Super Bowl success no longer works and teams recycle completely every 5 years. That's got to be as foreign to him as auto racing... doh!

Anyway, it's nice to have some spice back in the rivalry. Now that the Cowboys have begun the climb out of the pit, it will be good to have a legend on the opposing sideline at our games instead of a guy you knew your coach could dominate six ways to Sunday. Well, maybe not. Is it too late for you guys to hire Dave Campo instead?

Grats Redskins fans.

flurp
Last edited by f l u r p on Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
How bout them Cowboys!

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:55 am

scuse me....Bugle....offensive coach period...
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:17 am

thanks flurp. it still hasn't completly sunk in yet.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:25 am

Yo flurp... first posts never go away and that was a very classy one.

It's nice to hear honest opinions from Cowboys fans as opposed to just raspberries.

Welcome to the board and as i'm sure gambit will tell you... we will never love a Cowboy fan, but we'll always love a good argument with one. Don't be shy, and thanks for voicing your opinion.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:40 am

O M F G!!!!

I can't tell y'all just how happy I am!!

Gibbs to be our next coach and he already has a much sought-after defensive coordinator in Williams!

I have always thought that Gibbs left the Skins because he knew their best days were behind them. He was completely right!

Now (in addition to the no small amount of bling bling Snyder is obviously throwing at him), I betcha that Gibbs sees a team filled with talent and potential.....which is another reason he is returning.

BRING ON THAT COWBOYS - REDSKINS RIVALRY NOW!!!

TIME FOR SOME OLD-SCHOOL, SMASH-MOUTH, REDSKINS FOOTBALL!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:48 am

Thanks Flurp - appreciate that.....now.....are ya ready for some FOOTBALL ??????
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football