Runnings Backs Coach

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Junior Hog

Runnings Backs Coach

Postby Jake » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:50 pm

Herzog said Don Breaux will come back as our running backs coach. Bugel is gonna be offensive coordinator and Gregg Williams as our defensive coordinator. Grimm is probably gonna come back. What's gonna happen to Hue Jackson???
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:01 pm

was wondering the same thing myself. The guy didn't do a bad job...just never stood a chance in the situation he was in.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:05 pm

True - and maybe they will keep him since he was obviously the main heart of the offense the last two years - he is the guy I would keep in some capacity - but I will be damned if I will second guess a guy who went to 4 super bowls and won 3 if he doesn't... there may be a reason.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:09 pm

i don't think any of us will question anything he does........
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:14 pm

I think there is still a lot of work to be done, but now we have a coach who knows and gets respect from his players, has been a success so they may not question him as much, has an unbeatable work ethic, knows how to game plan and analyze weaknesses and is capable (as we all saw so well) of adjusting when he needs to.

I like the reference in the one article about his being from Air Coryell era, so that means he won't necessarily come back with the same old thing that everyone will be expecting. But he will feature a ground attack, and he has tools in our QB and WR that he lost when Joey T went down, and let's face it... he never had as good an arm.

I love it so much I am doing a wardance in a bunch of Skins paraphenalia - my daughter is looking at me like I am insane :)
Rich in Roanoke

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:22 pm

Ok, Bugel is gonna be our offensive line coach. Not Grimm. I don't know if Grimm is gonna come back. Maybe Darrell Green will be our DB's coach.

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:23 pm

I would bet anyone money, there won't be one damn cell phone ringing in his players meetings, and watch for the change of penalties, bet we are one of the lowest teams with them. I can't stop grinning, that is a good thing.
Marc

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:26 pm

I love to see you and HitDoctor happy - my family is happy again!!!! :)
Rich in Roanoke

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:30 pm

Brian (Manassas VA): With Gibbs back, there is talk that Russ Grimm will be headed to DC. But with Bugel coming...what role for Grimm? Can he make a lateral move? Is his contract up in Pit?

Chris Mortensen: I have it on very good Steeler authority that Grimm is not going anywhere, and they would likely not allow him to join Gibbs in Washington.

Mort's Chat on ESPN

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

----

Postby HitDoctor » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:19 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:I love to see you and HitDoctor happy - my family is happy again!!!! :)

I have cried tears of joy several times today. Will DEFINITELY be in the house opening day. I am back with my Redskin family and DS..........GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD job. The only thing that is keeping me from asking what took so long is who he got and how quickly he got it done. I'm humbled.
it is what it is

Postby Morada » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:42 am

HitDoctor wrote:
skinsfaninroanoke wrote:I have cried tears of joy several times today. Will DEFINITELY be in the house opening day. I am back with my Redskin family and DS..........GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD job. The only thing that is keeping me from asking what took so long is who he got and how quickly he got it done. I'm humbled.

I had those same tears of joy, but for so many more reasons...this was such a monumental day, I wished my father was still alive so I could share my joy with him! He loved the Redskins and gave me my love for the Redskins which I have passed down to my son (who was the one who told me they had rehired Gibbs).

I'm green with envy of everyone who can get the local network stations up there in D.C. I have to get on the internet and get the few video clips from the TV web sites up there. Frank Herzog, George Michaels...even though everyone has lost a lot of hair since I lived back home, when I saw Jim Vance and George Michael carrying on, I couldn't help but shed tears of joy. I remember them doing the post-game show after the first Gibbs superbowl and it was like stepping back in time.

My son and I had been watching the Theisman and Williams superbowls on tape over the Christmas holiday (my video tape is so old, I'm afraid to run it in the VCR) so he could experience the thrill of a winning Redskins team and then out of the blue Gibbs comes back to coaching. Can you imagine the roar that's going to take place in the stadium when Gibbs comes onto the field for that first 2004 game? I'd give anything to find a way for my son to experience that first hand, but he's going to be all the way down in Florida starting his freshman year of college where no radio or TV station will be airing the Skins games.

I'm going to be riding this high for days and be thankful that we can at least get the Tony McGee show on CSN here. And I guess I should be thankful that Snyder's marketing and financial saavy has been strong enough to keep our team here even though they've sucked for a very long time.

Congratulations to all of us that have loved the Redskins through thick and thin. Gibbs being hired is one of those Redskins moments I will be able to re-live for years to come...just like Riggo pulling away from Don McNeal.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:20 pm

Morada - if you have a DVD player you can get in touch with some video shops to transfer it to DVD...

Just a thought for ya brother :)
Rich in Roanoke

swine

Dan Snyder - you're a great fan!

Postby learnnew » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:28 pm

Whoa! I feel like I've gone on a time machine into a glorious past and I am seeing all these amazing and awe inspiring people! Can't wait to see us next season - I mean it all the way - on the field and on the sidelines!

I think finally we all see what a fan Dan Snyder is. He has brought in the absolute greatest coach he can. Now he should step back respectfully and let him do his job.

And finally, now we have a Skins-Cowboys rivalry!

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:43 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:Morada - if you have a DVD player you can get in touch with some video shops to transfer it to DVD...

Thanks for the suggestion, but with the games being licensed I can't find anyone who will transfer them. They're pretty strict around here about copyright issues.

Maybe Snyder should investigate getting those famous games from years past put on DVD so we can purchase them now that digital media is all the rage. They are so great to watch after seeing this seasons players. Does anyone remember the game where Dallas decided to go for it on fourth down and they tried to pull the Redskins off-sides so they could get the rest of the yardage instead of actually running a play? That line didn't move an INCH!!! Even Landry was yelling from the sidelines when he realized his players were going to try to get them to jump until the last of the 30-seconds was gone. Snyder needs to show some of those old games to the current players.

Just a thought for ya brother :)

I'm a mother, not a father. :wink: Women make great Redskins fans too!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:57 pm

ah... sorry about the brother :) hard to tell sexes from some of the names :)

Too bad about not getting it transfered... maybe you need to rent a VCR from Blockbuster and copy the tapes to new tapes :)
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football