The Dan Haters Step Up !!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

The Dan Haters Step Up !!!

Postby doeslammer » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:06 pm

Come on people, were are you at, all the people that bashed are owner, and said he can never do anything right, I remember your id's,I am glad to be one of that stuck beside him threw all of his lessons, boy did you bash him up till now, I have always stuck beside him, I have always said how can you hate him for winning, all he ever wanted to do is win, now that he has brought are god back, I don't see one person that bashed him step up and start a topic about, I was wrong, he is trying his AS> off to get us a championship, step up and eat your crow, boy was it easy for you to say he needs to go and it was him that was the problem, but all my God did he sign the most impossible man to sign, the god to Redskins Nation, the untouchable, come on people step up and bow to the almighty Dan, he is the best owner in Football, even though he might not know that much about it, he does know how to sign the impossilbe.
Always have and Always will stick behind Dan Synder unlike some Redskins fans that will like him because of this hire, and then hate him if it doesn't work out.
MARC

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:09 pm

This one move will gradually help me forgive all of his previous sins. Dan, I'm starting to like you. :?
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:16 pm

i'm right here...
well as i said, i have him on a merit/demerit system now. its very doubtful he'll try to challenge god himself, but you never know. making joe the president of the team just enforces what i've said. i like snyder the owner, it's snyder the gm that i despise. hopefully he resolved this. i can deal with this. i never doubted his power as a buisness man, just his willingness to admit he dosen't have all the answers, maybe all the $$$, but not all the answers. but this is one HUGE rebuttal after a piss poor start. dan you are out of the dog house, but you control your own fate.....
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:28 pm

Me, too. Guess you can't always pass judgement without all the information. And given the hush-hush about this I can understand all the shrouded secrecy. I'm sorry... :(

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:17 pm

Go easy on them DS...they have the right to qestion what DS does when the team is in such disaray. As I stated in a previous post it took Jerry Jones 14 year to get it right so I was reserving judement. I'm glad it didn't take as long...truth be told the props should probaly go to Gibbs and Parcells, I'm sure Gibbs had a standing offer to coach here. Now let see if Synder and Jones can get out of the way. And to some credit to other I did see a lot of forgiveness given to Synder. I was glad to see them give Synder credit and not all the negative stuff about he better not blow this or watch him run Gibbs out of town....
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:28 pm

Well Spoken DeHog, you and I are on the same page with Snyder !!!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:32 am

I have to figure, since they said that DS has been talking to Joe for years (like I said in a previous post - since right after he bought the team basically) that he has been TRYING to get Joe back.

I think Joe went to NASCAR for the love of the sport, but also to set his son's up in a team sport that they can inherit from him. He built and handed over winners to his older son, and I think that was the delay, IMO. Makes a logical sort of sense if you think about it. He gets two championships then hands the reins over and comes back to his original love - the Skins.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby redskincity » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:12 am

I thank Mr. Snyder for Mr. Gibbs, but do you guys really think DS has gone cold turkey with his hands on approach :?: :-k

I am not trying to bust bubbles, but it aint like DS got a brain transplant!. :-k

Like I stated in all my DS bashing post, I like his aggressive nature, but after he does all this great stuff, what will be the backlash from it :roll:

HTTR
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:21 am

I am not trying to bust bubbles, but it aint like DS got a brain transplant!.
ROTFALMAO i don't think dan has a choice this time....
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby tx_skins_fan » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:55 am

I liked Snyder before, and I stuck by most of his moves, but this is the ultimate. In Dallas, everyone is saying that DS is just trying to outdo Jerry Jones. Well, he has. The Cowboy fans are pissed, and that makes this deal even sweeter. They tried to tell me that Parcells is better, but I referred them to the number of rings Gibbs has compared with the fat Tuna's. Coughlin is in New York now, and the Eagles are still good. It looks like the NFC East will be the class of the NFL again, and the Burgundy and Gold will be on top again!!!!!!
oops....sorry!

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:57 am

NFC East = The NEW Black and Blue Division...

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:00 am

can you say Smashmouth Football the nfc east will get it done. three playoff teams from the same division :shock: that hasn't happened since the re-alignment
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:04 pm

DEHog wrote:Go easy on them DS...they have the right to qestion what DS does when the team is in such disaray. As I stated in a previous post it took Jerry Jones 14 year to get it right so I was reserving judement. I'm glad it didn't take as long...truth be told the props should probaly go to Gibbs and Parcells, I'm sure Gibbs had a standing offer to coach here. Now let see if Synder and Jones can get out of the way. And to some credit to other I did see a lot of forgiveness given to Synder. I was glad to see them give Synder credit and not all the negative stuff about he better not blow this or watch him run Gibbs out of town....

Although I applaud Snyder on his hiring of Coach Gibbs, i still have my doubts about the little Napolean....lol....

Also i beg to differ with you DEHOG it did not take Jerry Jones 14 years to get it straight. He bought the team in 89 and by 95 the organization had won # superbowls. Jerry hit a home run with his first coach. Although his ego messed up there professional and personal relationship it still did not take him 14 years to get it right

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:26 pm

here's what jacoby had to say in his online transcript....
Richmond, Va.: Hi Joe, Thank you for your past excellence while playing for the Redskins. My comment is that I hope people will get off Daniel Snyder's back. Sure he's made some mistakes, and there is a learning curve for owners as well. I admire his commitment, hard work and of course willingness to shell out the money it takes to win, also. He has made the off seasons exciting and his moves have always given us hope for the next season. There are a lot worse owners who I believe are not as committed to winning, so everyone please lay off the owner. Thanks.

Hopeful again for another off season.

Joe Jacoby: I think you're right on some of those aspects. What hurt Mr. Snyder was his age when he bought the team, having all that money and his flamboyant style. But in his defense, there is a learning curve and he tried to spend his money to do the best he thought he made at the time. The best move he made is the one he just made. He brought in a FOOTBALL coach. He'll continue with his deep pockets and brings free agents in and listens to the person he just hired, they'll be very successful.
Last edited by hailskins666 on Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:47 pm

One thing I have always defended DS about was the fact that he spent money for us. He made mistakes, but they were mistakes driven by the love of the team and the love of us, having been one of us for so long. He didn't grow up with the money - he earned it along the way.

Joey T said that he hasn't been as hands on as people think, and I am inclined to believe him as he is not one to pull punches too much when he disagrees. He also walks the halls there at the park if he wants, and I would think that he would know more than any of us, unless there is a Redskin hiding in here we don't know about.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football