The Dan Haters Step Up !!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:59 pm

gambit187 wrote:Although his ego messed up there professional and personal relationship it still did not take him 14 years to get it right

That's my point...he didn't have it right...go back and read mey post on Jerry Jones career
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

letsrollburgundyngold

Postby letsrollburgundyngold » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:29 pm

You asked the Dan Haters to stand up, and so here I am. I'm a lifelong fan of the team and I root for the players, but I have no love for management. Now, I understand that Snyder stepped into ownership with no NFL management experience, and for that, a grace period could/should be extended as he 'learns the ropes'. But there are such things as respect, loyalty, and treating men like men instead of commodities even while you're running a business. So let's do a little timeline:

First year under Snyder's control, Norv Turner finally gets the effort out of the team he's been asking for, and we end up two points short of the NFC Championship Game. Notable was the muffed snap by LS Dan Turk which could be construed as one of the critical plays in the loss.

Remember Dan Turk? Do you recall that he unknowingly played that season with cancer and that the game against Tampa Bay would be his last? That he would be dead a year later? That he would leave behind a widow enraged at the fact that while she did receive some assistance from the team with medical bills, that only Cory Raymer came from the team to visit him and provide some emotional support altho the Turks only lived five minutes away from Redskins Park? Dan Turk literally gave his life for this team, remember that.

So now we have Big Splash #1, and the star-struck Snyder brings in the NFL's all time leading mercenary, Deion Sanders. He overpaid him, and didn't get what he paid for, then was fleeced in the end as Deion rolled out with a buyout while dropping our ALL TIME return guy in Brian Mitchell for nothing. He also showed the fans his 'appreciation' by (illegally, as has just been ruled) blocking off pedestrian traffic to the stadium to pump up his parking revenues, CHARGING to watch the team practice, and snatching the name off the Big Jack and pimping it to Fed Ex (out of reverance to the former owner of course :/ )

But Lil Dan wasn't done with the shockers, cuz he was prepping to fire a coach with a winning record before the playoffs were out of reach and the season done. He was readying to dump a solid quarterback in Brad Johnson (now a Super Bowl QB) for a 'long ball thriller' in Jeff George who never learned to throw a five yard dumpoff in the ten years and 5-6 teams he had played for in that span. Let's not forget it was at the behest of his bug-eyed sycophant Vinny Cerrato that this went down (and when Marty was given the reins, this 'football expert' in Cerrato went on to go answer emails for ESPN on draft day he was so skilled.)

Now cats start jumping off what they obviously see as a sinking ship, players that matured and gained valuable experience on this roster, guys like Shawn Barber, James Thrash, and ND Kalu. They're gone because the front office did nothing to retain them, as if they were inconsequential.

So we're into Big Splash #2, and Schott is brought in and given control. Now, while they were putrid early on, Marty eventually galvanized the team, MADE HISTORY, and ended up even for the season, with a foundation to build upon once some talent was obtained to fit into the system. But of course Lil Dan wants his say back, they part ways, and we're back on the road to instability.

Big Splash #3: Trotter, Armstead and the beginning of the Spurrier era, where he makes an unproven college guru the highest paid coach in professional football. The team goes thru the same problems of cohesion as 40% of the roster is turned over and we start from scratch. 7-9 was a blessing. But the way the team's 3rd ALL TIME leading rusher Stephen Davis was callously discarded and allowed to leave without getting ANYTHING in return was a curse.

And so we're on to Big Splash #4: the arrival of the JetSkins, who while all were solid 'acquisitions' (I'm sure Lil Dan loves that word in reference to players), it showed that the front office foolishly disregarded a vital aspect of the team called DEFENSE (while having another season of massive turnover). Which brings us to Dan Wilkinson. Now, OF COURSE you don't pay a man 3 million dollars for 16 tackle/ 0 sack production. But Big Daddy fired his agent and hired another to try and work something out. But Lil Dan ain't give him a chance and cut him before the new agent was authorized to make negotiations, leaving a big gaping hole in the middle of a unit that was top 10 in the league the year before. The team lost three fourth quarter leads, 5 games by 4pts or less, and made funky Troy Hambrick look like the second coming of Jim Brown.

Now, if Lil Dan cares so much about winning, care any of you tell me why he would sacrifice the season so that a Bruce Smith could attain the sack record, much as the Cows' did with Emmitt Smith and the rushing record the prior season? Why would he undercut his hand picked coach by allowing Smith to come cry to him about playing time, effectively letting everyone else on the roster know "If you got a problem with Coach, take your issues to the Owner and you'll be ok."? I'll tell you why, for the commemorative coins and velvet robes that had been sitting on a dusty shelf in the back of the Redskins' store since the beginning of the season.

I'll tell you what, I was done trusting this man and his motives after firing Norv in the manner he did (although Norv was hanging precariously close to firing for a long time). But it took another three years for the rest of mainstream to realize his disruptive micromanaging was the reason we were becoming the laughingstock of the league, to be placed in the category of teams like Detroit, Arizona, Jacksonville, and Houston (as the only teams in the league to have back to back losing seasons.) Lil Dan Snyder was staring directly into the prospect of dwindling attendance, lost parking revenues, and possible TV blackouts (y'all remember those days?). He had to go after Gibbs, his grace period was done and the bullseye on his back. As long as he stays out of Joe's way, things will get fixed, but he is not some genius all of a sudden, he's the one who led the team down this road in the first place.

So this goes out to Joe Gibbs and the Washington "Warriors"...Go Burgundy and Gold!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:40 pm

HEAVY..... :-#
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:59 pm

Indeed! :-#

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:15 pm

:D :-k :-k ROTFALMAO Very Heavy..... Cool

Although I agree 100%, The dude is not out to hurt us, like a trucker who falls to sleep at the wheel ROTFALMAO
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:42 pm

though I agree 100%, The dude is not out to hurt us
yea, his biggest problem is being a die hard fan. but its a good thing too, he worships joe as well.
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:47 pm

Yeah he is a fan and only wants to win. If DS could win the SB by himself I do believe he would give it a whirl :D

He will win now.....The King is back!!!!!!!!
• NFL Championships
• Division Championships
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

letsrollburgundyngold

Postby letsrollburgundyngold » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:48 pm

lol, well I ain't say he was out to hurt us, but he is out to maximize the amount of money he can get out of your pockets and into his so he can deck his mansion out in pricy cedar and marble...

Like I said, I root for the team, the coaches and players get my support...but I don't like him and I don't trust him, which is my right (at least I think it is, do I still have that right? lemme check the Patriot Act...)

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:50 pm

I concur fully :up:
• NFL Championships
• Division Championships
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:52 pm

but I don't like him and I don't trust him, which is my right
very true. i personally have snyder on a merit/demerit system :lol: he broke even with bringing back joe. now he again decides his own fate.
Last edited by hailskins666 on Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:33 pm

Snyder has gone through his "experimental" period. He's like a kid with a new car- he wants to play with it, tinker with it, put stupid looking cosmetic parts on it. But when it breaks, he has to call Daddy to fix it. Daddy's going to put a 350 in it with a supercharger... and then Daddy gets to drive it.
Gibbs is God

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:46 pm

Enjoyed your post I can tell you thought before you typed and you supported a lot of what you felt instead of ranting and carrying on. I certainly see why one could come to the conclusion that you did. I'll be the first to tell you that DS has made some mistake, but has I've said he’s new to this, not sure where you can go for experience in owning a NFL team...it kind of OJT. I wrote a post a few days ago looking at the parallel of DS and Jerry Jones...I think it took Jerry 14 years to get it right, I went in dept in my post, but in short, he made many of the same mistakes DS did. Yes I'm aware he won 3 SB but who do you credit...He hit a home run his first at bat. He hasn't done well since. And when he got a coach that started winning (Chan Gailey 18-14, two year record and went to the playoffs both year) He fired him and promptly let Campo go 5-11 for three year. It takes time, I don't know DS personally but I know there always two side to every story...enjoyed your post come back soon
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:50 pm

Not to mention he had one of the best QBs, arguably one the greatest receivers of all time, Emmitt, and an offensive line that made most zoo animals look small. Dallas was loaded for bear back then.
Gibbs is God

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:02 pm

arguably one the greatest receivers of all time,
ooo yea, you mean that gun slingin crackhead.... yea i know who your talkin about.
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:08 pm

Yep, that's the guy. Those prostitutes were pretty hot, though.

While he played, Irvin was the best receiver I ever saw. Yeah, yeah, he was an @ss off the field and still is to this very day, but he backed up his trash talking with hard core play making.
Gibbs is God

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football