theHogs.net and the Washington post

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

theHogs.net and the Washington post

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:16 am

Well another proud moment for this little website that we call home.

I will be online tomorrow at 'WashingtonPost.com's Live' to hopefully take some questions from you guys. They have 4 guests tomorrow... 10:45 Mark Maske...12:00 Joe Jacoby... 1:30 Michael Wilbon and yours truly at 2pm. I'll be on as a fan most of the day if I have time but I'll definitely make sure I make it for JJ -- my fave player of all time.

Mr. Rocci Fisch of the Post called me today and asked me what fans were saying and I gave him a couple of quick answers of things that we've been saying on the message board. Mr. Fisch was also kind enough to give us a link on the Post's website where you can go and post questions to me if there's anything that you would like me to answer.

http://discuss.washingtonpost.com/wp-sr ... 010804.htm

There's a link off of the stories that are posted for tomorrowtoo. Just click on my name, but it says Mark Solway not BossHog. It was nice to see my name there.

So I guess I'm not answering any questions here until late tomorrow afternoon :-)

As I said, a proud moment to even be mentioned in the Post, and for those of you who visit us daily, there will probably be a few new visitors tomorrow, so be ready to welcome some new members to our merry troup. You can have the Post's Chat open in one browser window and the message board open in another. Ain't technology grand? Offseason? What offseason?
Last edited by BossHog on Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:23 am

2 p.m. eastern? - I'll try to squeeze into the room to wave atcha ::grin:: (virtually speaking)

I love the link to the site :)
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:37 am

Hot dayum, someone i know is famous.....lol.......I will definatly be there representing my cowboys none the less, but still honoring the great traditions of the skins.

Shoot with Gibbs back, those stupid writers have to let Art Monk in.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:50 am

Mark: Is this a live chat type of thing for the net? If so, do you know the site for the chat room? If not, I'll have to send you a question: "What size is the Redskins thong you wear?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:17 am

it is a live chat I think, though I am still waiting for my instructions... you can post questions in advance at the above link though.

I have no comment on the other... I think you have me mistaken for Wingman... he's the one who wants to walk around in assless chaps, i'm sure he's got a thong for them too.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:25 am

i got just one question......What's the greatest "un"official skins site on the planet???? :hmm:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:48 am

Umm..."Here...???" Hell, yeah...!!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:57 am

I honestly could never answer this site to that question because I'm probably the only one who has a clue as to how much stuff I havn't managed to get finished yet.

We just try to keep our head above water during the season with the daily content but during the offseason is when we try to grow the site. We already have a bunch of projects going on for this offseason -- profiles for all of the Hogs in the hogs section, the 2004 draft section, a new feature where we use Flash to completely break down football plays into frame by frames and descriptions so football 'newbies' can learn a bit about them, and more.

I thank you for the kind words but i can honestly say that we don't have any more than about half of the content that we eventually hope to have. That's why i'm always telling everyone... if you have an idea or some feedback, we always welcome it. It might not get done right away, or at all, but it might get added to the pile and we just want to build aplace for you guys to come and find ANYTHING. It'll take a little time, but the volunteers that help me are extremely dedicated to making it happen.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:04 am

a new feature where we use Flash to completely break down football plays into frame by frames and descriptions so football 'newbies' can learn a bit about them, and more.
awesome. i've never seen anything like that. football 101 for my GF :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

~~~~~~~~

Posted a question for ya

Postby ii7-V7 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:10 am

I posted a question for you on there BossHog.

Chad Dukes

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:12 am

My gf absolutely loved it... stay tuned.

We have already started working on it and our goal is to get at least 5-10 plays done in the offseason. There's quite a bit of work because we run the whole play in X's and O's form and we break down the play further into what players are doing individually, so there's a fair bit of animating characters with 22 guys to move in the full play.

We've never seen anything like it either which is why we thought it would be a good idea. Heck, there are a lot of people that love the Skins but may not have played football and the game just gets better and better as you learn it. Hopefully, this'll help a little.
Last edited by BossHog on Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:15 am

Thanks Chad, I am looking forward to it and I hope as many of you as possible will join in.

scooter

Postby Scooter » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:33 am

AWESOME! Man, I'm so proud of you Boss! You've earned it... and it's one step closer to Press Passes :0). I'm already licking my chops for Training Camp! Also, I'm forwarding a resume to the club... worst thing they can say is NO. Congrats Boss - I'll be around at 2pm. This should probably be the Headline on the front page for a few days don't you think? Later

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:38 am

Thanks buddy, you know I couldn't have done it without you. This site started with Scooter and I just wanting to post fan pictures from training camp in 2002... and kind of snowballed.

I think they will make a transcript of the chat available and I will post it to the front page today and tomorrow. if anyone can't make it at 2, you can just click on the link above before 2 and post your question.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:34 pm

Oops, sorry for the post I wrote in the "welcome" thread asking about the whole Washington Post connection... all my questions are answered here :D
Robert :D

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football