Pinch Me

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---------

Pinch Me

Postby redskins56 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:25 am

For years, I have thought about the glory days, preying that Gibbs would be back, and Riggo would be halling down the field wearing the 44, and images of the Fun Bunch prancing around in the endzone danced in my head...

But now, some of it has come true, and the man that brought us our 3 world titles, and took us to 4 is back... Its almost as if it is a dream, that I have yet to wake up from, and I hope I don't...

Today, I declared it national Joe Gibbs day, urged children not to go to school, had neighbors over at the house to eat a Skins cake I had made. Told everyone to wear Redskins jersey's, watched t.v all day, and RedskinsCenter (the only thing on Sports Center all day was Skins stuff..) Broke out old tapes of Gibbs' glory years wearing the burgundy had with the yellow R, and reveled in the moment...

CAN'T WE PLAY A GAME TOMMORROW???

-Geepz

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:28 am

You made a cake and didn't invite me or anyone else? I know I could CERTAINLY have helped you eat it ::grin::

I don't have a beer belly... many a good carbohydrate has given its life to defend their homes in my system - it is your duty to help me make sure they don't starve :)
Rich in Roanoke

---------

Postby redskins56 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:37 am

Rich, I heavilly considered inviting you, but the Redskins helmet on the cake was looked way to good, and I don't think I could have waited the 3 or 4 hours it would have taken you to get to my house near Fredericksburg VA.

If the commute wasn't so lengthy, you would have gotten a telphone call. Next time I will send you a piece.

-Geepz

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:40 am

Save me a piece next time and I will bring any alcoholic beverage that is legal :)

I have a sis in Fredericksburg, and who said the way I am feeling it would have taken me 3-4 hours? I would have floated there in 15 minutes :)
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football