Kudo's to Daniel M. Snyder

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---------

Kudo's to Daniel M. Snyder

Postby redskins56 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:32 am

He gets crap all the time... He isn't ever given enough credit for spending more money, and brining in more pro bowl players than anyone in the league.

Whether we like it or not, each offseason he makes us forget about the disheartening events, and revel in the moment and hype of what he does, looking forward to the next season. I told myself going into the offseason, I'm not going to get too excited, no matter what happens. I won't proclaim this team playoff bound because of the names on paper, I will wait to see how they play. To be honest with you, when I was saying all of this, I used Gibbs coming back to coach as an example, that even if that happened, I wouldn't get too happy. At the time I though that his return was the furthest thing from possbile in the history of the game, so I used it as an extreme example...

Needless to say as I got chills sitting at home watching tv, listening to the radio in Skins Country, and the amazing effect it had on the fan base, I got those thrilling feelings of expectation again. The difference is, this time, fans will be behind the team 100%. If things are bad to begin oh well. Joe started out 0-5 in 1981, finsihed 8-8 and won the super bowl the year later...

I said I wouldn't be excited, but more than ever I can't wait for training camp, for mini camp, for the draft, for the season, the pre season. Most of all, I can't wait for tommorrow, not knowing who will come back, or what will come..

I am a happier person today then I have been in a long time. And while it may sound cheesey, some may agree with me when I say that Gibbs' return has made my life better, in less than 24 hours. That is how much I care about this team, and most of you I'm sure feel the same way....

WOW.. I am going to lay down and feel like a young kid on Christams Ever trying to get to sleep, who is too excited to close his eyes and rest.

-Geepz

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:48 am

...great post.

I'd like to say that you saved me a lot of typing but I would be flattering myself to think it would have come out that well.

Whether we like it or not, each offseason he makes us forget about the disheartening events, and revel in the moment and hype of what he does, looking forward to the next season.

Isn't that the truth? It's uncanny. His marketing ability is undeniable.

I'm going to sticky this post so it doesn't roll down the page as people answer other posts.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:02 am

kudos......lesson well learned. danny did the impossible. this is the one move that could right any wrong he had done. i will never ever doubt the possibility of personnel coming here again. like i said, he did the impossible.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:35 am

Daniel has been famous(infamous) in the previous offseasons for making a splash and making it exciting all the way up until the first kick-off. But with this move, he's given us all a chance to carry over that excitement through the season itself. And for that, Daniel, I say "Thank-you."

Hail to the Redskins...

----

Postby HitDoctor » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:11 pm

Not so fast, my friends. I did read that snyder has final say on roster moves. I am only humbled by his ability to "lure the devil to worship Christ" so to speak. I absolutely want his hands OFF of the football decisions. He better let the King and his court work their magic. Snyder, sit back and enjoy. Take a long trip. You keep your hands off, you will get much "props".
it is what it is

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:13 pm

Think about it HD - Gibbs will let Snyder know what he wants and do you think he won't just jump through hoops to get players or staff for Joe?

The man is only a few years older than me - he grew up watching the same teams I did... he remembers all too clearly and won't step on Joe's toes...
Rich in Roanoke

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:24 pm

That's a great point Rich, I hope Synder realizes his strength is in recruiting. Say what you will about the man but when he sets his sites on a target, he's like a sex maniac in a ho house with a credit card!! Remember the guy whoi got him started?? He gave DS a mill, DS lost it but was able to convince him to give him more money and the rest it history!! This has the potential to be a great fit!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:28 pm

And the really great part is this:

IF DS has learned his lessons and continues to bring in real footbal l coaches after Gibbs departs sometime in the *very* far future... we could have a top notch organization for a long time considering DS' age.

While some were worried about the laughing stock issue, with DS showing some proper sense we may soon be the best franchise in the league to everyone else's eyes.

Be ready for the fair weather fans my friends.
Rich in Roanoke

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:30 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:Be ready for the fair weather fans my friends.

By that you mean them coming back??
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:40 pm

Be ready for the fair weather fans my friends.
you can sort those types out just by talking history. my advice to the fair weather fans.......dallass is americas team, shouldn't you be a puke fan.......you haven't paid your dues...any true skins fan suffered the last eleven years, myself included.
THN's resident jerk.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:43 pm

We may be able to accept entry for any of them who suffered through any portion of the Norv Admin. Painful.

:-&

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:50 pm

LOL - but truly not as bad as the year after Gibbs left and poor Ritchie had to dump half the team for the salary cap... yeeesh.

I wouldn't have taken that job on to be honest.
Rich in Roanoke

piglet

Good job

Postby Eddie911 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:02 pm

Im a newbie here,just found this site :D
But I have bashed Snyder more times than I can count, :? But this move here, getting Gibbs back to DC, heels all wounds :)

New year........Best Coach = Great outcome :)
The Football God has returned to DC

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:07 pm

welcome eddie. this too is redemption of snyder on my part. joe gibbs is so big, i can overlook the dumb little things of the past.
THN's resident jerk.

piglet

Postby Eddie911 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome hailskin666, Man some one pinch me, I still think I'm in a dream :)
The Football God has returned to DC

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football