Kudo's to Daniel M. Snyder

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:10 pm

I still think I'm in a dream
we all are....its a dream come true.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:15 pm

Eddie911 wrote:Man some one pinch me, I still think I'm in a dream :)

I first heard about this around midnight (JT "The Brick" show) on Tuesday, and when I woke up yesterday (while I was still half asleep) I did for a half sec wonder if maybe I had just been dreaming that Joe Gibbs was back, lol :D

I've lived here all 35 years of my life, and seen the best and worst of the 'Skins during that time. I don't think I've ever been as excited about a sports story as I am about all of this :D
Robert :D

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:18 pm

I don't think I've ever been as excited about a sports story as I am about all of this
i know i personally haven't....
THN's resident jerk.

piglet

Robert

Postby Eddie911 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:23 pm

I heard about the story when I got up and was enjoying my cup of java before heading to work. When my wife told me about it...i thought she was pulling a cruel joke,for the simple fact she a *sigh* cowboys fan :-& but when I caught it on the news..well....I was a happy camper all day at work
HTTR
The Football God has returned to DC

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:26 pm

but when I caught it on the news..well....I was a happy camper all day at work
i had to take the day off. -drinking
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:52 pm

Danny did two things by getting Gibbs: 1) dmitted he doesn't know what he's doing and 2) proved once and for all his committment to the fans and winning. I think the biggest element Gibbs brings back to the Skins is class. He's the classiest coach I've ever been priveleged to watch. When he retired and I subsequently read about his personal life crumbling because of his dedication to the Skins, it broke my heart. He never let on to the fans, while he was coaching, how much personal sacrifice he was making for us. Now it appears he's ready to make those sacrifices again.

Welcome back, coach.
Gibbs is God

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:00 pm

Well said.

Welcome to the board.

And couldn't agree with your user name more!!!
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:23 pm

This is the site I've been looking for and didn't find until today's Washingtonpost.com chat. Great job today and great job on the website- I'm going to watch and participate in discussions very carefully. Good to be a part of the virtual fanclub.
Gibbs is God

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:34 pm

This is the site I've been looking for and didn't find until today's Washingtonpost.com chat. Great job today and great job on the website- I'm going to watch and participate in discussions very carefully. Good to be a part of the virtual fanclub.
with a user name like that, and that sig, you'll fit right in.
THN's resident jerk.

----

Re: Robert

Postby HitDoctor » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:51 am

Eddie911 wrote:I heard about the story when I got up and was enjoying my cup of java before heading to work. When my wife told me about it...i thought she was pulling a cruel joke,for the simple fact she a *sigh* cowboys fan :-& but when I caught it on the news..well....I was a happy camper all day at work
HTTR

Uh, was this before or after you were married that she became a cowboys fan. I take this sh!t to seriously to marry anyone else in the division. My wife is a peripheral football fan and likes the skins mainly because their my team. My daughter is starting to become a Redskin nut and she is trying to understand the diety that is Joe Gibbs. I have the entire superbowls 22 and 26 on tape so we will partake in a history lesson this weekend.
it is what it is

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:00 am

On the Snyder/Gibbs coming relationship...

I've seen Snyder smile, I've seen him smirk, I think I've even seen him chuckle, but I have never seen him laugh and cavort like he did at the press conference yesterday. As skinsfaninroanoke pointed out, he's just another one of us who grew up adoring Joe Gibbs... it will be very tough for him to stand there and say Ii think I know more about this personnel move than you do MR.GIBBS.

you see... there's a huge difference here... Snyder knows that he don't know squat compared to Joe... that's why he got him... that's why he won't step on his toes... and that's why he was laughing like the schoolboy who just got away with dunking a girl's pigtails in an inkwell.

Who thought anyone would be able to forge a PARTNERSHIP with DS? But that's exactly what Gibbs said... and if he said it, it's gold.

The trauma is over... the tide has turned... we're heading down the backstretch... Snyder has learned, and we're going to the bowl soon because of it.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:37 am

As skinsfaninroanoke pointed out, he's just another one of us who grew up adoring Joe Gibbs... it will be very tough for him to stand there and say Ii think I know more about this personnel move than you do MR.GIBBS.

Gibbs admitted in a post-press conference interview that his position as President gives him the final say on all roster decisions. Snyder has finally relinquished the reigns... for good. Cerrato apparently is Snyder's biggest enabler and when it came to personnel decisions with Spurrier, Cerrato invariably sided with Snyder. Not gonna happen any more.

Guys, read all of the WP articles- they're terrific. There isn't a single skeptic in Skinsville today. Michael Wilbon wrote a glowing, pro-Snyder piece. I have to agree with him this time on Snyder.
Gibbs is God

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:58 am

Cerrato apparently is Snyder's biggest enabler and when it came to personnel decisions with Spurrier, Cerrato invariably sided with Snyder. Not gonna happen any more.
vinny was right a bout one thing.....we SHOULD have taken doss. we'd be in a lot better shape right now if we had've. oh well, woulda coulda shoulda......
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:03 am

Although we might end up eating those words if Gibbs turns him into another Clark, but with more speed HS :)
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:37 am

we definantly don't have to worry about depth at receiver......
THN's resident jerk.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football