press conference

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

press conference

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:13 pm

I'm in tears.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:20 pm

Gibbs is wild. He said something about pulling someones Hoe card it was hilarious :D ROTFALMAO
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:22 pm

First of all, i can't impress upon you enough what an absolute shock it was for me to actually watch it. It's just unheard of. There's about as much football coverage up here in Canada during the hockey season, as there is hockey coverage on the moon.

I took notes and will post some quoyes in a bit, buti'm sure everyone was glued to their set.

He was as always... about as perfect as you can be.

It was truly one of the greatest moments in Redskin history that I have experienced, and he hasn't even done anything yet.

:hail:

HTTR

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:29 pm

joe said he just couldn't coach anywhere else.... :D he'll take this team in a totally different direction.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

visitor

Postby visitor » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:33 pm

No we were not all glued to our sets, some of us are at work.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:37 pm

joe said he went over budget on some of his staff. good.
gibbs is as excited as any one of us. i really appreciate the thanks he gave the fans. he said that really that was the only piece in place. great, great stuff.
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:38 pm

There were just so many moments that put a lump in your throat....

"I'm embarassed by the attention."

"Dan Snyder and I are forming a partnership."
(Like that seemed possible 3 days ago)

"This is all new. I didn't wear my Super Bowl ring. We're starting again. "

"I have to prove myself all over again."

"The last 4 days have been intense. We've been working non stop recruiting coaches."
(That's just unbelievable that Snyder pulled that off without anyone knowing - 4 days? That's Monday. How did he keep it under wraps Monday and Tuesday?)

"I always thought we were one of the most miserable places to have to go and play. That was because of the fans."

there were dozens more. Any really good ones anyone else remembers? As I said, I was taking notes, but I was having some sort of out-of-body experience. :-)

HTTR

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:42 pm

"I have to prove myself all over again."

that was awesome. he didn't lay on his past. he said this is about the future.
he also didn't come in and make a bunch of promises either. he was surreal about it.
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:53 pm

I couldn't believe how giddy he was, how excited, how cool. Nothing but class introducing everyone in his family that he brought with him.

Oh another good quote....

"Joe bugel. Buge's is back. Stay out of trouble. We all know that the best part of buge's is back at home." or something like that obviously referring to Joe bugel's wife.

he was soooooooooo relaxed... and yet so excited. I know that sounds funny, but he was so loosey goosey that he just totally acted on his emotions. He didn't even try to catch himself at any point or anything like that, and he looked as happy as I would have standing up there as the new coach of the Washington Redskins. What humility.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:59 pm

when asked about if the team's struggels bothered him and was a reason to return, he tried to beat around the bush, but just gave in and said yea, of course it bothers me. so much said to reflect on........
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:42 pm

Like I've written earlier today, Gibbs is first class all the way. The guy is humble, his priority is his family and when asked about what he'll be looking for in his players, he said "character". He's not flashy and he tells it like it is. I'm a grown man of thirty and I got a lump in my throat when he gave an extended shout-out to the fans. I don't think there's a single dry eye amongst true Skins fans right now.

He didn't make any promises except that he'll be busting his @ss to get things moving forward in the right direction.

The opening anecdote describing a half-time prayer (or game start prayer?) where he asked the Lord to really help out because they were in alot of trouble and he looked up and saw tears coming down from the players eyes, was particularly powerful and demonstrative of his overwhelming ability to lead.

I also wanted to thank you guys for the warm welcomes and wanted to let you know there's one more fan out there who cares about the Skins as much as you do.
Gibbs is God

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:51 pm

BossHog wrote:I couldn't believe how giddy he was, how excited, how cool. Nothing but class introducing everyone in his family that he brought with him.

Oh another good quote....

"Joe bugel. Buge's is back. Stay out of trouble. We all know that the best part of buge's is back at home." or something like that obviously referring to Joe bugel's wife.

he was soooooooooo relaxed... and yet so excited. I know that sounds funny, but he was so loosey goosey that he just totally acted on his emotions. He didn't even try to catch himself at any point or anything like that, and he looked as happy as I would have standing up there as the new coach of the Washington Redskins. What humility.

I was hanging on every word. I left work early so I could hear the whole thing in my car, where I wouldn't be interrupted.

Everything he said was just perfect.

Gotta run... Joe Gibbs is on live with Sonny and George :D
Robert :D

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:20 pm

I can't believe I forgot the prayer one PiaA... thanks.

I had a lump in my throat for about half the thing for crying out loud. It was embarassing, I'm glad I was alone.

For the georgraphically challenged, like yours truly, would you mind posting a couple of quotes from the shoe RK?

And welcome to the board.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:26 pm

shoeRK? I'm not sure what that means. Please translate for me...
Gibbs is God

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:16 pm

from the show Robert K. ::grin::

You know what part I loved? The part when asked about the hours in a one on one interview afterwards and could he do those hours again and keep the same work ethic, he said he didn't see any way around that and that he would do it and try to be a little smarter about the family life in conjunction with it.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football